USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Nov 28, 2020 at 7:43 AM Post #1,681 of 6,456
Is there a dedicated Tempotec/Hidzis thread in the forum? I cannot seem to find one.

I am having an issue with my Sonata HD Pro, wherein all of a sudden my phone only recognizes it as a charger. This doesn't happen with the other DAC that I have. Was hoping to find a dedicated Tempotec/Hidzis thread to see if anyone had any feedback about how to fix the issue.

Nov 28, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #1,682 of 6,456
Is there a dedicated Tempotec/Hidzis thread in the forum? I cannot seem to find one.

I am having an issue with my Sonata HD Pro, wherein all of a sudden my phone only recognizes it as a charger. This doesn't happen with the other DAC that I have. Was hoping to find a dedicated Tempotec/Hidzis thread to see if anyone had any feedback about how to fix the issue.

Have you done the firmware update for the Sonata HD Pro?

Nov 28, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #1,684 of 6,456
Nov 28, 2020 at 9:53 PM Post #1,688 of 6,456
Nov 28, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #1,689 of 6,456
I tried that and it still isn't working. In fact, my computer won't even recognize the Sonata. Even though I have downloaded and installed the Sonata driver. I sent an email to TempoTec about the issue. We will see what they say. I've only had the Sonata since July.

Are u using windows 7 by any chance? I read that it doesn't recognize the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro.

Nov 29, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #1,691 of 6,456
So is there any concensus on what the best is at various price ranges? My lg v20 got stuck at the boot screen, so I had to move on to the current times of no headphone jacks with a oneplus phone. I'm wondering if I should get one of these or go look for wireless earphones.

Nov 30, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #1,692 of 6,456
I think nowadays, bt receivers are plenty good enough and more versatile than dedicated wireless buds. They'll save your type c port as well. My Qudelix 5K has PEQ. I hear good things about BTR5 as well. Both can be used wired via usb if need be

Nov 30, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #1,694 of 6,456
I think nowadays, bt receivers are plenty good enough and more versatile than dedicated wireless buds. They'll save your type c port as well. My Qudelix 5K has PEQ. I hear good things about BTR5 as well. Both can be used wired via usb if need be

I'm just wary of spending more money when my Tin T4s are perfectly fine. Plus then I'd have to try find some wireless that have a close enough signature.

Dec 4, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #1,695 of 6,456
Quick and dirty review of the Hidizs S9.

Harsh mids, slightly bloated bass, uses as much battery as the e1da 9038s despite not matching its output. Details and staging are very good, but I can’t listen to them for more than a few minutes before becoming fatigued. Maybe it’s the dac filter settings they’ve used but they sound terrible compared to the 9038s (and es100). Edit - they also distort for a second when starting playback, minor, but irritating.

Also doesn’t work with older phones with micro USB ports. Will have to try and return these (or petition for a firmware update, I can’t believe there’s anything inherently wrong with the hardware, just the way it’s been set up needs work).

Caveat emptor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back