USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Nov 24, 2020 at 3:06 AM Post #1,657 of 6,504
I received my Link 2 today. I'm not a super analytical listener so it sounds fine to my ears (definitely better than my phone) and the build feels solid. I agree with Ultrainferno's review regarding the bass boost but I do think it might be useful for listening in noisy environments. In my experience the low end is the first to go when on a train so a boost there is welcome even if it's rather low quality. I'll have to give it a spin when I next go out.
I can't tell a difference with the sound stage switch so that's staying off.

I do wonder if with some research/patience I could've gotten something better for a similar price but it ticked all my boxes: hardware volume control (and play/pause which is a bonus!), solid construction, single ended, and within my budget. Also, aesthetically it's pretty nice looking for a budget device. I had $40 off at Linsoul so either way I'm not regretting the purchase.
I still might buy one of the E1DA products out of curiosity at some point, though.

Nov 24, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #1,659 of 6,504
I was thinking of getting something I could use both for my laptop/PC and my phone, but the budget is kinda tight (like around 30-40 bucks)and the primary focus would be PC usage, so I've been browsing through a few things
This is the 1st one I considered (it's only for windows tho) Lusya dac
This seems to be an upgraded version over the 1st one? Lusya dac 2
The Shanling ua1
Also this Trasam q1
Unfortunately the beloved tempotec hd pro is outside my budget as the shipping is like 30 bucks alone, doesn't make too much sense

Could also get any of the cheaper dongles but I am not sure if that's the way to go as I would primarily like to use whatever I buy with my PC as I tend to listen more on it

One other question in that case would be if there are any other better solutions just for a PC use in this price range? Something that isn't necessarily trying to be portable but rather focuses just on sound quality?

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2020 at 8:25 PM Post #1,661 of 6,504
Are you sure?

To me Tempotec Sonata HD Pro gives it to 28 euros on AliExpress from the Tempotec official store with free shipping. (Italy)

same with the other seller on ali, guess they just hate our little country

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    64.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #1,663 of 6,504
same with the other seller on ali, guess they just hate our little country
I would look at the Meizu Hifi Dac which is cheap and should be almost on par with the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro.

Being able to spend more E1DA 9038D.

Then there are the Bluetooth devices like the Earstudio ES100 and Fiio BTR3K and BTR5 which sound pretty good in LDAC and which you can also use in wired mode for even better sound quality.

Nov 25, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #1,664 of 6,504
I would look at the Meizu Hifi Dac which is cheap and should be almost on par with the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro.

Being able to spend more E1DA 9038D.

Then there are the Bluetooth devices like the Earstudio ES100 and Fiio BTR3K and BTR5 which sound pretty good in LDAC and which you can also use in wired mode for even better sound quality.
If you connect something like the btr3k to a pc, can it be powered through that usb or does it still run off its own battery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back