USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Nov 11, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #1,637 of 6,504
Whoa really? Does that work for the 9038D?
Follow their discord. They are working on it but I have seen the youtube video already.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2020 at 7:39 PM Post #1,640 of 6,504
equalization has no place in hifi. High fidelity means it is true to life, sounds very close to live sound. If you need an equalizer it is either not hifi, or you don't want hifi. Sometimes the sound needs a bit of tweaking, but ime equalization never really improves anything. It just messes up the sound while trying to adjust only soundpressurelevels between frequency bands.

I like the E1da 9038s (g2), but i notice i use the Tempotec hd pro more because it sounds more fluid, easy going. The 9038s is clear, fast and detailed but doesn't sound fulfilling somehow. Like somebody who is irritatingly perfect but not good company to hang out with. You don't want to walk on your toes the whole time just to be with someone. Equalisation does not help relaxing it. It's that difficult dilemma, between the head and the heart. You know the 9038s is best but your drawn to the other...

Nov 11, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #1,641 of 6,504
You are absolutely right... Unaltered frequency response is the way to go, just as the music was recorded. But sometimes, you need more cowbell! Especially in that 0-60Hz range. I dont care for the rest of the spectrum.

Nov 12, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #1,642 of 6,504
Nov 12, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #1,644 of 6,504
I would go with apple adapter. It fared very well in tests, and for 5$ you cant go wrong. If you prioritize sound quality, then look for more expensive alternatives based on dacs from ESS and Cirrus Logic.
Ordered. Thanks. Oh, it’s $9, which is still a great deal.

Nov 12, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #1,646 of 6,504
equalization has no place in hifi. High fidelity means it is true to life, sounds very close to live sound. If you need an equalizer it is either not hifi, or you don't want hifi. Sometimes the sound needs a bit of tweaking, but ime equalization never really improves anything. It just messes up the sound while trying to adjust only soundpressurelevels between frequency bands.

I like the E1da 9038s (g2), but i notice i use the Tempotec hd pro more because it sounds more fluid, easy going. The 9038s is clear, fast and detailed but doesn't sound fulfilling somehow. Like somebody who is irritatingly perfect but not good company to hang out with. You don't want to walk on your toes the whole time just to be with someone. Equalisation does not help relaxing it. It's that difficult dilemma, between the head and the heart. You know the 9038s is best but your drawn to the other...
The point of EQ isn't to change the sound of the music but to compensate for environmental conditions or meet a target frequency response (such as Harman) when required. Your headphones do not faithfully reproduce the music as it was transcribed, so some EQ compensation can help in this regard. However, I agree that just adding more bass or high frequency for taste is not something that I would do personally.

Nov 12, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #1,647 of 6,504
Apple dongle is good for getting the audio from an electronic device with no 3.5mm jack. Nothing more. If you want audio quality, then there is plenty of other USB-c amplifiers that would provide powerful and clean audio output from a USB port.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020 at 3:10 PM Post #1,650 of 6,504
👂
00000IMG_00000_BURST20201119151245578_COVER-picsay.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back