USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Aug 16, 2020 at 4:52 PM Post #1,471 of 6,458
Gotcha thanks. What about lootoo paw s1, es100 etc? Keep reading about these and people are saying they’re close to daps sounds wise. E1da is not powerful?
S1 is pretty good but sounds a bit too sterile and neutral. Ever eaten a dry biscuit with a parched throat - it's the same feeling.
E1DA is very powerful but only balanced 2.5mm

Aug 16, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #1,472 of 6,458
Gotcha thanks for all the info

Aug 16, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #1,473 of 6,458
Been using my Focal Elear with Utopia pads with my phone and a Meizu Pro lately and it sounds good. I only need to have the volume in the 10 to 12 out of 25 area to get to my desired volume so there is plenty of power and headroom here. Have just been using Spotify and keeping things simple lately.

Aug 17, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #1,475 of 6,458
Thank you! Very helpful. The 9038S sounds like it's the way to go. Especially since I have a pair of ZMF Verite Closed on the Way which I heard are not easy to drive. Once I get them I'll A/B between the Fiio and the 9038S and post the results here...

Aug 17, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #1,476 of 6,458
I'm using my DC02 on my phone with Onkyo HF Player (unlocked) and I'm liking what I hear. I've a number of DSD64/128 files which I've loaded some into my phone, I've set Onkyo Player's DSD Output Format to 'Direct Transfer' for the delightfully capable DC02 to decode and amplify. admittedly, I've been preoccupied with using my recently acquired ChiFi IEMs (Tri Audio Tri I3, KZ ZS10 Pro and CCA CA16) but will eventually try out the phone + DC02 combo on my IE800 and CA Jupiter. Only niggle now is that, between DSD songs, there's an annoying noise (sorta like someone tapping a microphone once, I hope you get the idea), doesn't happen when I skip songs though.

Aug 17, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #1,477 of 6,458
One other thing: are there any really good DACs that use a Lightning connection for Iphones? Most of the ones mentioned here need the USB camera adapter which is really bulky. I saw the Ikko Zerda terminates in a Lightning port, but don't know if it sounds good. Any others I might have missed?

Thanks

Aug 17, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #1,478 of 6,458
One other thing: are there any really good DACs that use a Lightning connection for Iphones? Most of the ones mentioned here need the USB camera adapter which is really bulky. I saw the Ikko Zerda terminates in a Lightning port, but don't know if it sounds good. Any others I might have missed?

Thanks
Tempotec Sonata HD Pro has an iOS version with a lightning cable. Zorloo Ztella (and probably ZuperDAC) also has a lightning version.

Aug 17, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #1,479 of 6,458
Thanks!!!

Aug 19, 2020 at 5:57 AM Post #1,483 of 6,458
Has the volume issue when using the $10 Apple lightning dongle with an Android phone been resolved yet? Has anyone found a fix using Android settings?
You need UAPP or Neutron.
There is a fix on xda but it only works with android 7 or 8 I forgot. Couldn't make it work on my phone which was too recent.
I doubt this will be "fixed" since apple designed this dongle for the iPad pro, not android devices so it doesn't follow android standards.

Aug 19, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #1,484 of 6,458
You need UAPP or Neutron.
There is a fix on xda but it only works with android 7 or 8 I forgot. Couldn't make it work on my phone which was too recent.
I doubt this will be "fixed" since apple designed this dongle for the iPad pro, not android devices so it doesn't follow android standards.
Does the same apply to the usb c version?

Thanks in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back