USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Jul 23, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #1,396 of 6,504
My friend who has the meizu pro says it picks up bad cellular interference when used with his samsung phone. U experience that?

I was deciding between this and the sonata HD pro and this cellular intereference thing swung my decision to buy the sonata HD Pro. Quite happy with the sonata HD pro, quiet and dark background with desktop and phone use so far.

Its fine to use with my phone no issue regarding that

Jul 24, 2020 at 2:40 AM Post #1,398 of 6,504
I've ordered the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro and waiting for the delivery. I'm planning to use it with my OnePlus 7T and the PC. Though I've a question that how is the sound quality of it compared to the 3.5mm jack of the phone (which too has the Type C port? I've the Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus and I'm currently using it as an audio player with my Samson SR850 (32Ω).

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:23 AM Post #1,399 of 6,504
I've ordered the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro and waiting for the delivery. I'm planning to use it with my OnePlus 7T and the PC. Though I've a question that how is the sound quality of it compared to the 3.5mm jack of the phone (which too has the Type C port? I've the Lenovo ZUK Z2 Plus and I'm currently using it as an audio player with my Samson SR850 (32Ω).

I dunno about the Lenovo phone u are using, but the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro has almost the same sound quality as my desktop setup (Khadas tone board -> Fiio A3 Amp), superb sound quality for the price of $30 - 40ish USD. For those using LG quad dacs I'm not sure if Sonata HD Pro is on par, but it is better than my samsung note 5 in terms of dynamics, clarity and having a dark black background.

The Sonata HD Pro is probably the Hidizs S8 OEM version and is the same internally and on measurements done on other audio sites. Hidizs S8 is rated very highly here on audioscience review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...dizs-s8-usb-c-headphone-adapter-review.10823/

There's a table of DACs with measurements compared here (look at the yellow line which is Hidizs S8 AKA Tempotec Sonata HD Pro):
Best portable dac headphone amp review 2020.png

Measurements are of course one thing, whether we can hear the difference is another story, but it supposedly is better in measurements than some famous brand names above.

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #1,400 of 6,504
I dunno about the Lenovo phone u are using, but the Tempotec Sonata HD Pro has almost the same sound quality as my desktop setup (Khadas tone board -> Fiio A3 Amp), superb sound quality for the price of $30 - 40ish USD. For those using LG quad dacs I'm not sure if Sonata HD Pro is on par, but it is better than my samsung note 5 in terms of dynamics, clarity and having a dark black background.

The Sonata HD Pro is probably the Hidizs S8 OEM version and is the same internally and on measurements done on other audio sites. Hidizs S8 is rated very highly here on audioscience review: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...dizs-s8-usb-c-headphone-adapter-review.10823/

There's a table of DACs with measurements compared here (look at the yellow line which is Hidizs S8 AKA Tempotec Sonata HD Pro):
Best portable dac headphone amp review 2020.png
Measurements are of course one thing, whether we can hear the difference is another story, but it supposedly is better in measurements than some famous brand names above.
SINAD is completely pointless for DAC+Amps since it is measured with no load. What really matters is THD vs output power at specific loads like 32Ω.

Jul 24, 2020 at 3:30 AM Post #1,401 of 6,504
Jul 24, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #1,404 of 6,504
Today receive my ESS ES9280C Pro dac from Alie express
IMG_20200724_192719.jpg

This thing is great, sounds is Kore refined than a Meizu dac. Power is great for iem but for full size cans it's a bit lack luster (bass is flubbering on my h2xr which are not much demanding headphones)

But the soundstage and separation is really great (don't have really special things to compair to)on iems. Love the dac on my Senheisser ie80S and oh1.

Iems that have to much bass and are less clear this dac can solve for a part!

Thing does not sound warm at all, dc01 sounds warm. Meizu dac lacks clarity. All in all the ESS ES9280C Pro is a nice dac. More musical than the 9038s less distorted than the dc01 or Meizu dac.

For the price it's a steal

Jul 26, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #1,406 of 6,504

When you use Tempotec Sonata HD Pro, the earphone's mic and control buttons are working ?

Jul 27, 2020 at 8:04 AM Post #1,408 of 6,504
Hello everybody,

As promised here's the comparison between Meizu HiFi DAC, iBasso DC01, Ztella and E1DA 9038S Gen 2 by A/B method. Used Meiigoo 5000mAh battery smartphone with Type C output as a transport and TFZ T2 IEMs. Listened to the song called "Stone Cold Hearted" by Bloodline in flac 44.1/16. Used software player Hiby with the settings bypassing Android.
So, here we go ...

I've reached your 'comparo' only today!
Thank you for sharing it!!!

I'm betweeng the 9038s and DC01 and you helped a lot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back