USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
May 2, 2023 at 8:35 AM Post #4,801 of 6,519
Looking nervously at my DC04Pro now :triportsad:

No issues have popped up so far but you make some good points and I don't know how this bodes for longevity especially since it just stays blu-tacked to my DAP with the cable fully bent all day.

So it is kind of the same with DC04Pro?

Not trying to be dramatic or anything :dt880smile:, it is just an observation. Good build quality is always a good thing, while loose connection with port itself moving inside is never a good thing longevity wise, since if port itself is moving, it is either moving with whole motherboard/chip inside or via solder of the port.

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #4,803 of 6,519
USB cable wobbles in my phone as well. I think it is nothing to obsess about
That is completely different thing, when cable connection have a bit of play or getting a bit loose over time, in this case USB port itself is moving inside of the device.

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #4,805 of 6,519
I tried to move it a bit with a small pin. It doesn't move. It's just the cable. It not only wobbles up and down, also sideways.
You either skipped previous posts or not getting the point. In this case, phones USB Type-C port is not even comparable to most DAC/Amp USB Type-C ports, since it is different.

May 2, 2023 at 9:19 AM Post #4,807 of 6,519
YEs me stupid you smart. Bye!

Wait what?

Like I said, "You either skipped previous posts or not getting the point." and talking about completely different thing.
Not going to point fingers, but it seems more that it is you who is trying to be smart, instantly jumping to conclusions or simply being ignorant. Like mentioned before, phones USB port is not even comparable, phones port is different and is made to last, have plastic bushing around port and frame cutout, water resistance seals and is flush, secure with the phones frame, most phones ports don't move even a tiny bit, it is so sturdy, cable connection movement is completely different thing to port itself moving. If you don't know or can't see the difference between the two ports, sorry but in that case some stooopid action might actually be going on. :sweat_smile:

Have a nice day to you too.

Attachments

• difference.jpg
    difference.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #4,808 of 6,519
Wait what?

Like I said, "You either skipped previous posts or not getting the point." and talking about completely different thing.
Not going to point fingers, but it seems more that it is you who is trying to be smart, instantly jumping to conclusions or simply being ignorant. Like mentioned before, phones USB port is not even comparable, phones port is different and is made to last, have plastic bushing around port and frame cutout, water resistance seals and is flush, secure with the phones frame, most phones ports don't move even a tiny bit, it is so sturdy, cable connection movement is completely different thing to port itself moving. If you don't know or can't see the difference between the two ports, sorry but in that case some stooopid action might actually be going on. :sweat_smile:

Have a nice day to you too.
Indeed you do have a point and it does indeed wriggle. It wriggles exactly the same way on my DX160 which i have for almost 3 years :D
Therefore coming to a conclusion that when used with care it can at least least a year or two is not without merit. The same wriggle is present on my DC04 Pro and Shanling UA3 and even the Quedelix 5K.

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #4,809 of 6,519
Indeed you do have a point and it does indeed wriggle. It wriggles exactly the same way on my DX160 which i have for almost 3 years :D
Therefore coming to a conclusion that when used with care it can at least least a year or two is not without merit. The same wriggle is present on my DC04 Pro and Shanling UA3 and even the Quedelix 5K.

Absolutely.

Honestly, out of all DAC/Amps portable and stationery and also other devices I have, it is the first one with this kind of loose port, especially out of the box. Cable wiggle is completely normal, but port itself moving, is a little concerning in the long run, especially for a portable device. Right out of the box I was like: "wait what the... is it broken". When for example comparing two very similar DAC/Amps DC03Pro vs Jcally AP10, port on Jcally is not the greatest either and is wiggly when talking about cable connection (which is fine), but port itself is not moving between the frame cutout at all, like it does on iBasso. This will need just that tiny bit extra care.

PS. Quedelix 5K need to have better availability worldwide. It is not that easy to acquire, especially in Europe.

Attachments

• PXL_20230502_111737805_2.jpg
    PXL_20230502_111737805_2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 2:38 PM Post #4,810 of 6,519
I just placed an order for two dongles from Amazon.ca:

Screenshot_20230502-153545~2.png

Curious to hear the differences. One for me and one for my wife.

May 2, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #4,811 of 6,519
I just placed an order for two dongles from Amazon.ca:

Curious to hear the differences. One for me and one for my wife.
The Fosi looks like it's built like a tank and its weight shows... Do you know what are its dimensions ?

May 2, 2023 at 2:58 PM Post #4,812 of 6,519
The Fosi looks like it's built like a tank and its weight shows... Do you know what are its dimensions ?
I just got a reply back from them today. I was told:
57mm X 21mm X 9mm.
I would have thought bigger.

That would be much smaller than the Shangling UA3. And a little smaller than the KA5, overall.
But it is about double the weight of the other two.

I am curious about the sound, feel and function of the two, comparitively. My wife won't care which one she gets as she would be happy with a $12.00 dongle from Amazon. :smile:

May 2, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #4,813 of 6,519
I just got a reply back from them today. I was told:
57mm X 21mm X 9mm.
I would have thought bigger.

That would be much smaller than the Shangling UA3. And a little smaller than the KA5, overall.
But it is about double the weight of the other two.

I am curious about the sound, feel and function of the two, comparitively. My wife won't care which one she gets as she would be happy with a $12.00 dongle from Amazon. :smile:
We are curious about your comparison!

May 2, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #4,815 of 6,519
Really the difference between the dual Cirrus dac chips vs a single Sabre ES9038Q2M The Cirrus chips seems to be taking over.

They are all good DAC's, just with different implementations.
I am curious about the look, the feel of the buttons, the functions, ease of use, the power draw, the volume, etc. Sound and function.

It will interesting to see how both companies went about their business. I am not a fan of DAC/amps in my desktop system, but I am curious how these little combo units work out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back