USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Aug 20, 2022 at 7:10 PM Post #4,066 of 6,470
I know I'm super duper late to reply, but the link2 bal is def my pick of those two. Its my most used dongle simply because of its diversity. I bring it to work to connect to my speaker via the 3.5, on my lunch break i set it to UAC 1 mode and slap it on my Switch and plug in my Sundaras to the balanced out. My favorite sounding dongle is the W2, but you can't beat the L2 Bal for an every day carry
If I remember correctly W2 also offers UAC1 / UAC2 mode switch. If you like the sound better couldn't you just flip it to UAC1 mode and do everything Link2 Bal can do?

It also has a HID mode if it's on then you can control volume from source.

Might just need to update to newest firmware.

Aug 22, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #4,067 of 6,470
Muse HiFi M1 is dirt cheap right now on AliExpress, on sale for $13- down from $39. Can get it down to below $10 with promos (coins, spend&save, buy 2 save 14%, etc).

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLQ84dm

Aug 22, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #4,068 of 6,470
I know I'm super duper late to reply, but the link2 bal is def my pick of those two. Its my most used dongle simply because of its diversity. I bring it to work to connect to my speaker via the 3.5, on my lunch break i set it to UAC 1 mode and slap it on my Switch and plug in my Sundaras to the balanced out. My favorite sounding dongle is the W2, but you can't beat the L2 Bal for an every day carry
Haven't heard L2B but I don't recommend THX Onyx to anyone. Digital, cold, processed sound. Little known fact is that it automatically upsamples all content to 705.6/768 kHz.

If I remember correctly W2 also offers UAC1 / UAC2 mode switch. If you like the sound better couldn't you just flip it to UAC1 mode and do everything Link2 Bal can do?

It also has a HID mode if it's on then you can control volume from source.

Might just need to update to newest firmware.
You don't eat your favorite dish for every meal, do you?

You're right, W2 added UAC1 support with firmware update.

Aug 22, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #4,069 of 6,470
Haven't heard L2B but I don't recommend THX Onyx to anyone. Digital, cold, processed sound. Little known fact is that it automatically upsamples all content to 705.6/768 kHz.
lol good tip, I was considering trying it. But based from what you said I think I'd avoid it now.
You don't eat your favorite dish for every meal, do you?

You're right, W2 added UAC1 support with firmware update.
I mean in his case since he already have L2B so it's probably ok. But yeah if he didn't have L2B I'd say he could just use W2 for all.

Also maybe for audio I'm just too lazy, I like to use 1 gear for all if I can. But I definitely get what you mean. :stuck_out_tongue:

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2022 at 1:26 PM Post #4,073 of 6,470
its soft on android :/ operates at half power i heard. i have it too
Yeah on android it uses default hardware volume which is 60%. So yeah about half volume more or less. You could force it to use more hardware volume if you use UAPP but if you just want plug and play I heard some people had better luck with Samsung dongle.

Otherwise there was another cheap and good dongle that has been recommended a lot but I forgot name LOL (sorry).

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2022 at 1:28 PM Post #4,074 of 6,470
Yeah on android it uses default hardware volume which is 60%. So yeah about half volume more or less. You could force it to use more hardware volume if you use UAPP but if you just want plug and play I heard some people had better luck with Samsung dongle.

Otherwise there was another cheap and good dongle that has been recommended a lot but I forgot name LOL (sorry).

At this point, I am considering the moondrop dawn. It's a new product so I am waiting a bit for more reviews.

Aug 23, 2022 at 1:31 PM Post #4,075 of 6,470
Aug 23, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #4,076 of 6,470
Aug 25, 2022 at 7:43 AM Post #4,077 of 6,470
hi guys. which one do you suggest me to get
Shanling UA3
Xduoo Link2 bal
I'm going to pair it with Olina which is a neutral-bright IEM and I'd like the source to have some warmth without sacrificing open.
Also I'm using FIIO BTR3K balanced. will I notice noticeable improvement If I pick either of these dacs?

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2022 at 9:00 PM Post #4,078 of 6,470
Hey, I'm really enjoying the CX31993 dongle. I find it very organic sounding. Unfortunately, I think its too frail... Not looking like it will last much.

I'd like to upgrade to something more hardware robust. An organic and warm dongle. Moon River 2 would be ideal, but the price is a no no for me.

One I'm looking forward to is iBasso DC06... But there is not much impressions yet. Any other suggestions are valid. Anything $120>

Aug 26, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #4,079 of 6,470
Hey, I'm really enjoying the CX31993 dongle. I find it very organic sounding. Unfortunately, I think its too frail... Not looking like it will last much.

I'd like to upgrade to something more hardware robust. An organic and warm dongle. Moon River 2 would be ideal, but the price is a no no for me.

One I'm looking forward to is iBasso DC06... But there is not much impressions yet. Any other suggestions are valid. Anything $120>
Dc06 has a problem w samsung phone. Need to restart phone with dac plug in, before it can detect and work.

Other than that, it sound better than fiio ka3 for sure and the price is too good to pass.

The sound signature is great, clarity and great bass, but of course it cannot compare to any dap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back