USB-C to 3.5mm adapters (DAC) - Let's find the best
Dec 23, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #1,846 of 6,468
@BigErik
Please do us a favor and a. use paragraph breaks in your posts and b. nest your replies to other users under a single post instead of making a new post for each individual reply. It would make your posts a lot easier to read and it's clear you have a lot of knowledge to contribute to the thread.

Dec 23, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #1,847 of 6,468
Everything you mentioned is great on its own. DC03 is one of the best DACs in 2020 for the price that it has. At the end of the day, it's not only this chip that produces the sound, other components matter too, and IBasso was really successful in this term. Personally, I would get the DC03 just for fun since it doesn't cost as much as your previous DAC, you will be able to tell how much it's worse (if it's worse anyway). You are able to sell if afterwards if you won't like the sound or build quality. You should consider getting E1DA if you're going to use your DAC with some really high impedance headphones such as planars.
Absolutely perfectly said !!!!

Dec 23, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #1,848 of 6,468
@BigErik
Please do us a favor and a. use paragraph breaks in your posts and b. nest your replies to other users under a single post instead of making a new post for each individual reply. It would make your posts a lot easier to read and it's clear you have a lot of knowledge to contribute to the thread.
You're right I don't know what I'm doing .even though I do have knowledge on audio . I feel I'm a good middleman between the techies and the regular Joe. I've slowed down a lot. actually I've stopped. I didn't even see this until just now. I had a feeling I wasn't doing things right. because I don't know where I am and other things. But thank you I appreciate everything from everybody.

Dec 23, 2020 at 11:55 AM Post #1,849 of 6,468
I thought that too, but yeah then realized that listening to music on a smartphone means a DAC is involved anyway, and phone's built-in DAC's are mostly crap compared to even pretty cheap dongle-DAC's. I have a Oneplus 5 with a 3.5mm jack and been comparing it to a Type-C DAC.. there is no competition. My headphones sound astonishingly better on the DAC than on the phone's own 3.5mm.

There's a host of different ones available and many should also support mic passthrough and volume control. So it's actually a blessing in disguise =)
I know I said I was going to stop posting but I had to say something. Didn't anyone remember like this person did that the 3.5 coming out of a phone is connected to a dac inside the phone. And yes mouse is right the external backs are usually a lot better quality than the built-in phone ones. I know I was going to shut up but sometimes I can't. good luck.I have the 03 coming also. I'm excited I hope it's halfway decent. I wanted the 01 because I have vested in quite a bit of balanced gear. But when Linsoul sold out this is going back to 11:11 they finally ended up saying they'll send me the 03. Oh well ! The beat goes on !!! Erik

Dec 23, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #1,850 of 6,468
Man I think you don't understand portable audio at all, I recommend doing some reading on what DACs do and why the quality of cables or connectors for digital audio almost does not matter. Doesn't make sense to compare sound quality of analog vs digital since sound is always analog in some part of the chain.
1000% correct. A friend of mine I spoke to we laughed when we said that this hobby is the only thing where you take analog and change it to digital and then we're taking the digital and trying to change it back to analog. LOL.

Dec 23, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #1,851 of 6,468
My video about DC03, in my opinion — one of the best price/quality offers in dongles world

Another enjoyable video thank you so much!!! Huge fan of your work!!! I'm the fellow that thought you might have been Russian but I see you mentioned the Russian speaking community. Thank you again have a good day!!! Erik

Dec 23, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #1,852 of 6,468
Another enjoyable video thank you so much!!! Huge fan of your work!!! I'm the fellow that thought you might have been Russian but I see you mentioned the Russian speaking community. Thank you again have a good day!!! Erik

Yes, I’m Ukrainian :) Thank you for a kind words

Dec 24, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #1,853 of 6,468
Just a quick heads up for the ddhifi tc44b:

Superb sound quality, packs a punch, it bundles dual CS43131(which i thought would be a tad cold, but theres a hint of warmth in the implementations) it can drive my ier m9 from my iphone (only the 9038sg3 does it properly) im really impressed by this dongle. no unbalanced connection, only 4.4 or 2.5. i think many looking for clarity and neutral sources are going to greatly enjoy it

Dec 24, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #1,857 of 6,468
What about build quality? This thing looks nice but not sure how it's in real life.
The shell it’s all metal and the braiding of the cable looks top notch. It surpasses many other cables (beam2, ltps1, ztella bundle/ cables)

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 1:48 AM Post #1,858 of 6,468
20201229_090436.jpg
20201229_101824.jpg

DC04, borrowed unit...
TBH, I was not impressed with the previous DC01 / DC02, but time due fly...
never try DC03, but there's a kind fellow lend me this DC04.

IMO, DC04 compare to VE ODYSSEY HD 4.4.
DC04 stand out in Vocal clarity.
Both are warm, DC04 flat while OHD V-shaped.
Another that I want to highlight, its more powerful then OHD.
but I recall, based on memory,E1DA 9308S gen 3 still more powerful. bright to my ear.

What i like about DC04, when it mentions 384kHz/32 Bits, it really can play that ... while in other USB C dongle that I experience, or try, never meet what they wrote in the paper... IMO..
1609224954725.png

edit.. just want to add... so far the best dongle USB with hiss free, pair with Solaris OG is S1... guess now it has a competitor...
20201229_155235.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #1,860 of 6,468
Does the Meizu hifi DAC work with Neutron Player?
Or are there any restrictions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back