USB Amp/DAC for ESW9 and SA6?
Oct 23, 2010 at 6:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Rndmness

Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I've recently bought a ESW9 and SA6. I'm running them through my iPod touch and plugged directly into my onboard Realtek ALC888. The main purpose of the amp/dac that I am trying to buy is to improve the sound of my computer as much as possible for around $240. It would be nice if the amp could help with the instrument separation in the ESW9 and add a little bass and clarity to the SA6. 
After spending a few days looking around the forums and scanning the vast amounts of information available, I have found that iBasso products seem to stand out in this price bracket. Especially the D10, D4 and D2+. I've read that the D4 is better than the D10. Can anyone confirm this? And how much better is the D10/D4 than the D2+? It would be especially helpful if you have heard any of these amps paired with any of my headphones and make a comment. Also, how much of an improvement will I hear when upgrading to an external amp/dac from onboard sound?
If it helps, my music library contains mostly pop, trance and rock. 

Thanks,
rndmness
L3000.gif

Jan 9, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #5 of 5

Rndmness said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

What if I changed the question to:
How do both of these amps colour the sound? Make it warmer? Tone down the bass? Etc...

thanks. 

Can you share it with us? I have the issue which is similar to what you have faced, Anybody can answer it? It's long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back