1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

USB Amp/DAC for ESW9 and SA6?

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by rndmness, Oct 23, 2010.
  1. Rndmness
    Hi everyone,

I've recently bought a ESW9 and SA6. I'm running them through my iPod touch and plugged directly into my onboard Realtek ALC888. The main purpose of the amp/dac that I am trying to buy is to improve the sound of my computer as much as possible for around $240. It would be nice if the amp could help with the instrument separation in the ESW9 and add a little bass and clarity to the SA6. 
    After spending a few days looking around the forums and scanning the vast amounts of information available, I have found that iBasso products seem to stand out in this price bracket. Especially the D10, D4 and D2+. I've read that the D4 is better than the D10. Can anyone confirm this? And how much better is the D10/D4 than the D2+? It would be especially helpful if you have heard any of these amps paired with any of my headphones and make a comment. Also, how much of an improvement will I hear when upgrading to an external amp/dac from onboard sound?
    If it helps, my music library contains mostly pop, trance and rock. 

Thanks,
    rndmness[​IMG]

2. Rndmness
    Bump

3. Rndmness
    What if I changed the question to:
    How do both of these amps colour the sound? Make it warmer? Tone down the bass? Etc...

thanks. 

4. Rndmness
    Bump?

5. kimberlynojqh7

Can you share it with us? I have the issue which is similar to what you have faced, Anybody can answer it? It's long.