Usb 24 192khz M2tech Hiface
Sep 22, 2009 at 7:52 PM Post #16 of 1,958
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want one now! what is 99 euros to USD?

Just google "99 euros to USD"
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #17 of 1,958
Quote:

Originally Posted by gevorg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks interesting but with little information available I don't see anything that can make it better than Musiland variants. Anyone have pics of internals and/or more details on how it works?

While the Musiland is very good as a transport (better than the emu 0404 usb), I have found that the Teralink-x is even better probably because it uses a low jitter clock and good capacitors (while the cmedia chip is in theory inferior to the async protocol of the musiland).
Anyway, the m2tech converter should be sent tomorrow and I will post a comparison with the other usb to spdif converters I have on hand. And as you said, there is no way to know beforehand. But it looks promising since the conceptor is well aware of the effect of jitter and tried to minimize it.

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #18 of 1,958
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want one now! what is 99 euros to USD?

says it bypasses a clock to reduce jitter even more, and NO CABLE helps with variations.

Approx $150.

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:07 PM Post #19 of 1,958
sweet. It also will have Linux and Mac Drivers!!!!

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #20 of 1,958
Quote:

Originally Posted by slim.a /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While the Musiland is very good as a transport (better than the emu 0404 usb), I have found that the Teralink-x is even better probably because it uses a low jitter clock and good capacitors (while the cmedia chip is in theory inferior to the async protocol of the musiland).
Anyway, the m2tech converter should be sent tomorrow and I will post a comparison with the other usb to spdif converters I have on hand. And as you said, there is no way to know beforehand. But it looks promising since the conceptor is well aware of the effect of jitter and tried to minimize it.

Well, I have a musiland U.S. 02 and I am very satisfied.
Also used as the DAC musiland 02 defends very well.
I will wait anxiously for your proof
Ciao Massimo

Sep 23, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #23 of 1,958
Sep 23, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #24 of 1,958
yea maybe a mod or I am going to email them about that.

Sep 23, 2009 at 7:32 PM Post #26 of 1,958
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheShaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Canare manufacture 75 Ohm RCAs..

I thought I read that there is no true RCA 75ohm connector. I believe I read it while researching on SB3 mod and the modder is named "Arts" with "Pat" as a sig name.

Sep 23, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #27 of 1,958
its very difficult. just some reason bnc sounds better to me than coax. might be the cable! who knows. either way this thing isnt going to be held back.

Sep 23, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #28 of 1,958
Sep 23, 2009 at 8:52 PM Post #29 of 1,958
Italian translated to English. Seems like some stability issues with the driver.......

Quote:

Indeed, after a couple of days of use, I'm noticing that every time the PC crashes and reboots itself, if not take off in the process of restarting the memory stick, PC continues to reboottare until you pull it out. Una volta riavviato regolarmente, la reinserisco e il tutto riprende a funzionare regolarmente. Once rebooted regularly, rehabilitation and everything starts to work properly.
Inoltre, ma non sempre, quando in Foobar attivo il comando di Start, si sente come un crepitio e niente musica. Furthermore, but not always, when in active command of Foobar Start, feels like a crackling sound and no music. Attivo lo Stop per due o tre volte ea questo punto parte la musica. Stop active for two or three times, at which point the music.
Scusate il linguaggio non del tutto appropriato. Sorry for the language is not entirely appropriate. Ma l'informatica, soprattutto quella applicata alla ripeoduzione audio, non è il mio mestiere. But computer science, especially applied to ripeoduzione audio is not my job.
In ogni caso domani proverò a mettermi in contatto con la ditta costruttrice per sentire cosa mi dicono a tale riguardo. Anyway, tomorrow I'll try to get in touch with the developer to hear what I say in this regard.
Come suona? How does it sound? Dovrò fare altre sedute di ascolto più approfondite, ma non mi sembra molto superiore a un DAC USB di un'anonima (e sicuramente cinese) Soundking BS032-2 acquistata in un negozio di strumenti musicali a 27,00 euro. I have to do more listening sessions in greater depth, but it seems to me far superior to a USB DAC of an unnamed (and certainly China) Soundking BS032-2 purchased in a shop of musical instruments to 27.00 euros.
Preciso che non l'ho provata con files a 192 Khz, ma solo con files Wav (a 44,1 Khz ?). Clear that I have not tested with a 192 kHz files, but only with WAV files (44.1 kHz?).
Renato Colombo Renato Colombo

Sep 23, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #30 of 1,958
Quote:

Originally Posted by tosehee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Italian translated to English. Seems like some stability issues with the driver.......

I am a member of the forum videohifi for now only one person has given a negative opinion about this toy.
I would say to wait for further evidence before making judgments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back