Urgent - Purchase imminent - Grado SR325iS
Jul 6, 2012 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Duncan

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi All,

I'm building up my home rig again, and have myself a Burson HA160D amp - very happy with it, however - the AKG Q701s I bought don't have enough life / slam for more uptempo music...

My Sony Z1000s are relatively good all rounders, but - again - still not fantastic for rock / dance - As such, i'm tempted to go back to the land of Grado...

Eyeing up the SR325iS, but - I had the original SR325s many moons ago, and I remember them being very bright - with the Burson being relatively mellow, I'm wondering if these will be a good option to rock out to...

Unfortunately unable to demo, so this is going in blind - hence - would be very happy if you could give me your opinions... - If you have any alternatives that are punchy, and rich (without a harsh top end) - I'll be all ears...

...I have about six hours from now until the last time I can order...

I look forward to your thoughts :D

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #5 of 7
Try Audio Affair they have a 30 day refund period.
The Grado 325is are £315. Free delivery as well so nothing to lose.

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Did you get them from a UK stockist, or import them?

Imported them from the states. got them from Ebay delivered and UK import tax for £180.
Pm me if you want details on who i got them from as they have more. :)

Jul 6, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #7 of 7
Get a pair and send them to Rhydon to be converted to Magnums. They aren't quite as bright as the 325s -- more like the HF-1s. The full conversion might push your budget up a fair bit though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back