URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
May 20, 2020 at 12:41 PM Post #661 of 1,184
Still no tracking update since April 23rd.

Been waiting a 10 weeks. Asked for money back 3 times. I'm getting a "please understand" response.

Don't order from Linsoul. Seriously.
Where is your location?

I pre-ordered the BLON 05 a few weeks ago, asked to cancel, and it was immediately done.

I ordered R&P Spring on Sunday, express shipping, and it's already 1 state away from me in New York. My prior order, Legacy 3, took only 6 days to ship.

Last edited:
May 20, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #662 of 1,184

Been waiting a 10 weeks. Asked for money back 3 times. I'm getting a "please understand" response.

I'm in thé same situation if yours is also on
''handed over to airlines'' . My set is on that Point from 23/04.
I hope you understand that linsoul can not do anything about this anymore. They send it out the door and then it's thé shipping company. If they refund you now, you Will get your money back, and get a (verry delayed!) Set of urbanfun's. That's not right is it? I also asked my money back when they where still waiting for thé urbanfun's to restock. So i could order something Else. But i was just to late as they just shipped it....
We just have got to play thé waiting game.... It's not a Fun game at all.... But we can't do anything

May 20, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #663 of 1,184
Sorry to ramble but... Screenshot_20200520-141255_Chrome.jpg

May 22, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #664 of 1,184
WOW, got some new tubes for my little dot 1+ (JAN 5654W) and they turned the ISS014 into giant bass monsters. Although they add noise into the sound too so not recommended to pair the ISS014 with tubes.

May 23, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #665 of 1,184
I'm in thé same situation if yours is also on
''handed over to airlines'' . My set is on that Point from 23/04.
I hope you understand that linsoul can not do anything about this anymore. They send it out the door and then it's thé shipping company. If they refund you now, you Will get your money back, and get a (verry delayed!) Set of urbanfun's. That's not right is it? I also asked my money back when they where still waiting for thé urbanfun's to restock. So i could order something Else. But i was just to late as they just shipped it....
We just have got to play thé waiting game.... It's not a Fun game at all.... But we can't do anything
As far as I am concerned, it is their responsibility to get the product to my residence is they care whatsoever about customer satisfaction.

I understand that the post system is clogged up due to the situation, but at the same time, I've waited 10+weeks with no update for over 4 weeks. How long am I supposed to wait? Another 10 weeks? A year?

Am I really being unreasonable? :frowning2:

May 23, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #666 of 1,184
Urbanfun YBF review
These are really good. Like for 60 USD you can't beat them.
Pros:
Energetic
Superb Bass, in some songs it can a bit overpowering but generally it is really pleasant and impactful.
Mids: pleasant and natural.
Treble: Slightly elevated but with nice resolution. Sometimes can be a bit harsh in some poorly done songs, but usually doesn't bothet me.
Imaging: ****ing excellent, I think best I have heard so far.
Separation: Excellent, "Far from any road" by Handsome family. You can focus on all instrument and beeps. Everything is clear.
Soundstage: really wideeee, wider than m1060C but not deeper. Deepness is average, but matched with widness gives quite holographic presentation.
VS Blon 03 Blon sounds lower resolution, less refined, less bass. Soundstage is about same.
VS Gr07, GR07 is sybilant, resolution is not far off, treble can be grainy sometimes.
I do rek these.

Attachments

• IMG_MJL_Ⓜ️ Juan all (default)🌞_20200430_141551.jpg
    IMG_MJL_Ⓜ️ Juan all (default)🌞_20200430_141551.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
May 23, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #667 of 1,184
May 23, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #668 of 1,184
What's the difference?
Imaging = how well you can tell where everything is. Very important for FPS games for example as you need to know where your enemies are.

Separation = How well separated are the instruments. Bad separation = chaotic/muddy sound. Like when you are sorting your iems, if you just put them all in the same place they will tangle up or if you separate them into separate places the they will not tangle.

May 23, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #669 of 1,184
May 23, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #670 of 1,184
Sounds the same lol
Usually if you have a good separation then imaging will also be good. But you can have good imaging with bad separation. So they are similar but still not similar really :joy:

May 23, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #671 of 1,184
May 23, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #672 of 1,184
What would be some headphones and/or IEMs that are the worst case example of this?
Final Audio E2000, from the top of my head.

May 26, 2020 at 7:44 AM Post #673 of 1,184

Mine were ordered 3/3 and still aren’t here.
I’m in Sydney Australia.
I’m using Shop(Arrive) to track them. They are finally in Australia after being in no mans land forever. Hopefully in the next few weeks I should receive them.
Maybe give it 11-12 weeks and see. I know it’s not great but I guess we are living in vastly different times at the moment.

May 26, 2020 at 8:48 AM Post #674 of 1,184
Mine were ordered 3/3 and still aren’t here.
I’m in Sydney Australia.
I’m using Shop(Arrive) to track them. They are finally in Australia after being in no mans land forever. Hopefully in the next few weeks I should receive them.
Maybe give it 11-12 weeks and see. I know it’s not great but I guess we are living in vastly different times at the moment.
I ordered the YBF iss 014 just before last Christmas and luckily got them a couple of weeks later from the UF site. They now seem to use any excuse they can to play around and often have little respect for customers judging from the complaints on HeadFi.
I ordered the Blon 05 from DD shop on Ali Express not knowing they were Linsoul. I'd ordered express and they upgraded to DHL, which I got a few of days after their alleged dispatch on 30.04.20. I had to pay a £16.00 DHL extra fee to DHL when it arrived in the UK. It seems that you have to pay a lot to get decent delivery from some Chinese companies. In my experience Penon Audio are excellent and all the things I've ordered from them have come quite quickly considering the distance etc. Nevertheless being honest I've stopped ordering from Ali or the Far East in general. There are too many variables. If I do end up buying from the East I'll only really use Penon Audio. In the UK Linsoul have started selling on Amazon Prime fullfilled by Amazon, which is good. I bought the Moondrop Starfield from Amazon Prime for £83.99 which is less than the usual $109 and there is the important Amazon Guarantee. In future I'll generally wait to find things I want on Amazon or go without. All IMHO as I'm sure others have different experiences.

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #675 of 1,184
I ordered the YBF iss 014 just before last Christmas and luckily got them a couple of weeks later from the UF site. They now seem to use any excuse they can to play around and often have little respect for customers judging from the complaints on HeadFi.
I ordered the Blon 05 from DD shop on Ali Express not knowing they were Linsoul. I'd ordered express and they upgraded to DHL, which I got a few of days after their alleged dispatch on 30.04.20. I had to pay a £16.00 DHL extra fee to DHL when it arrived in the UK. It seems that you have to pay a lot to get decent delivery from some Chinese companies. In my experience Penon Audio are excellent and all the things I've ordered from them have come quite quickly considering the distance etc. Nevertheless being honest I've stopped ordering from Ali or the Far East in general. There are too many variables. If I do end up buying from the East I'll only really use Penon Audio. In the UK Linsoul have started selling on Amazon Prime fullfilled by Amazon, which is good. I bought the Moondrop Starfield from Amazon Prime for £83.99 which is less than the usual $109 and there is the important Amazon Guarantee. In future I'll generally wait to find things I want on Amazon or go without. All IMHO as I'm sure others have different experiences.

Yeah going express on Ali isn't a good idea. More premium service carriers are a lot more strict on customs and more likely to be stung on those import charges. Its a shame that Amazon UK doesn't have more Chifi gear, as it reduces the risk from ordering abroad and you have the excellent aftersales service if anything goes sour.

Curious, how do you compare the urbanblobs to your other iems in your collection?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back