URBANFUN YBF-ISS014 Impressions thread
May 26, 2020 at 9:23 AM Post #676 of 1,184
Yeah going express on Ali isn't a good idea. More premium service carriers are a lot more strict on customs and more likely to be stung on those import charges. Its a shame that Amazon UK doesn't have more Chifi gear, as it reduces the risk from ordering abroad and you have the excellent aftersales service if anything goes sour.

Curious, how do you compare the urbanblobs to your other iems in your collection?

I don't have any very expensive IEMs to compare with. The YBF iss014 has the best bass of all my IEMs for sure. It is good. I wear them a lot and for a DD driver they give a very musical ride. There are a couple of minor negatives on some classical music (I'm not a classical buff, but get my moments) such as string quartets where the timbre can't quite catch it but the Blon 03 does. I prefer them to my Rose Masya Pro Buds because of the very well controlled bass and the general rhythmic naturalness which some IEMs dont seem to convey. They are not detail prolific, but can a DD driver compete with Multi BA's on that score? I'd say they are way better than the Blon 03 on bass but an inch behind on timbre. At least as good as the Blon 03 in general. I really hope you get a good one because they invite very differing opinions. IMHO they are really good and well worth the money and any wait...if the QC is up to it.

May 26, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #677 of 1,184
From my own personal view:

Tin Audio T2. Less bass than YBF014, though as well good quality, a bit bigger soundstage, linear sound which is my preference, meh mids, highs, but good detail retrieval. Due to it's presentation less tiring than YBF014 for me, but t2 doesn't really click with any genre of music.

YBF014 fun sounding IEM, very good bass, imaging, goes well with electronic music, has a bit sharp highs, lower-mid/mids are ok. A bit too aggressive for me, lacks musicality with acoustic music that i listen to.

I'm still waiting EM10 to arrive after reshelling, but take my opinion with a grain of salt as I matched them to pm3, was visiting local headphone exhibition and audition them to more expensive hp like ananda, lcd2, even though they sound bigger, technically superior to pm3, oppo's somehow nailed with vocals/mid's and timbre which punches way above their price range and can outplay more expensive rig in those areas.

May 26, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #678 of 1,184
Are you guys getting YBF's with black MMCX connectors, or matching gunmetal grey(same as the 3.5mm end)? And if you have black connectors, where did you order from?
11222301.jpg

Urbanfan_YBF_ISS014_5_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #679 of 1,184
From my own personal view:

Tin Audio T2. Less bass than YBF014, though as well good quality, a bit bigger soundstage, linear sound which is my preference, meh mids, highs, but good detail retrieval. Due to it's presentation less tiring than YBF014 for me, but t2 doesn't really click with any genre of music.

YBF014 fun sounding IEM, very good bass, imaging, goes well with electronic music, has a bit sharp highs, lower-mid/mids are ok. A bit too aggressive for me, lacks musicality with acoustic music that i listen to.

I'm still waiting EM10 to arrive after reshelling, but take my opinion with a grain of salt as I matched them to pm3, was visiting local headphone exhibition and audition them to more expensive hp like ananda, lcd2, even though they sound bigger, technically superior to pm3, oppo's somehow nailed with vocals/mid's and timbre which punches way above their price range and can outplay more expensive rig in those areas.
“has a bit sharp highs” my same observation. As much as I like this IEM, retiring this set for now...

May 26, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #680 of 1,184
Are you guys getting YBF's with black MMCX connectors, or matching gunmetal grey(same as the 3.5mm end)? And if you have black connectors, where did you order from?
11222301.jpg

I'm interested in this too. I hear the black one is the one that causes MMCX issues?

May 26, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #681 of 1,184
11222301.jpg

I have a pair with matching grey gunmetal bought from UF shop on ali.

May 26, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #682 of 1,184
I'm interested in this too. I hear the black one is the one that causes MMCX issues?

My pair with one faulty MMCX connection is one with the copper/silver cable and metal MMCX housing.

May 26, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #683 of 1,184
Anybody got their pairs recently from any seller?

I ordered two spare ones from ali UF shop about two months ago and I'm probably gonna have to ask for refund end of the week for no show as I don't think they're going to arrive until then.

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #684 of 1,184
My pair with one faulty MMCX connection is one with the copper/silver cable and metal MMCX housing.

Interesting.

Actually when I think about it, the cable that comes with it shouldn't affect the MMCX female on the IEM itself - it's not the cable that will determine if the IEM itself still has the problem right? They could just be using a different cable with the same QC issue present in the IEM?

May 26, 2020 at 10:35 PM Post #685 of 1,184
I checked with the Urbanfun official Aliexpress store and they confirm that a new version is available with mmcx issue resolved and the driver is berrilium coated.

I am not sure if there is any way to identify the driver but the mmcx issue can certainly be verified on arrival.

I really appreciate the Blon 03 and VK4. On the verge of ordering an urbanfun but will probably wait for a sale.

How can I verify on arrival if the MMCX issue is present or not? Does it appear straight away or after a few weeks of use for example?

May 26, 2020 at 10:45 PM Post #686 of 1,184
All this commentary on poor quality... I have to say the QC on my pair is perfect so far. Of course I don’t do any cable swapping... Anyway the only thing I don’t like is the 8K treble spike, which can make them fatiguing for me to listen to. Otherwise seem built like tanks.

A noob question. How are you determining the 8k spike? Are your ears able to determine this sort of thing or are you using some sort of recording equipment?

May 26, 2020 at 11:12 PM Post #687 of 1,184
A noob question. How are you determining the 8k spike? Are your ears able to determine this sort of thing or are you using some sort of recording equipment?
:). Check out crinacle.com graph tool. Look at the treble. :)794690DB-B9B2-4203-A9F8-67D7C613969F.png

Last edited:
May 26, 2020 at 11:45 PM Post #688 of 1,184
Anybody got their pairs recently from any seller?

I ordered two spare ones from ali UF shop about two months ago and I'm probably gonna have to ask for refund end of the week for no show as I don't think they're going to arrive until then.
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive since March Anniversary sale. Ordered on March 27. I'm literally waiting for 2 months to get them...but this Covid thing has got everything messed up. While this is the longest I've ever had to wait for anything I've ever ordered from AE, I understand the whole world situation right now.

I'm a patient guy though, so I'm not worried. Only thing I hope for (when I finally get em) is that they don't have the bad connectors. I've also got an upgraded cable that I bought from the same store, coming with that package. Yes, the waiting has been hard; but we no longer live in "normal" times. And we, as consumers need to really wrap our heads around that. Gone are the days of quick sales, turnaround and shipping. To all those who think they are privileged (and think that just because they bought something from a company, they deserve super fast delivery); GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA YOUR A$$! The entire world is in a Global Pandemic. China/Asia was first to get it. They are now slowly getting over it. As a result, they are beginning to slowly ramp up production and shipping.

But the rules have changed. Every company, from manufacturers to shipping companies, have to abide by new rules. Distancing between employees, PPE, disinfecting protocols...it all adds up to safer but less productive practices. So, get used to it. I'm so sick and tired of seeing people bi*** about how they didn't get their order as fast as they expected. I've said it many times: you lived without your new purchase for years before you bought it. Are you gonna DIE because you didn't get it fast, or when it was initially promised to you??!! Cause in reality, people are dying every day. Some die from COVID19, some lose their life savings just to pay their bills because they were laid off from their jobs, some commit suicide because they can't handle being forced to stay at home or stay away from their families.
I think it's high time people started taking what is happening in the world right now more seriously. If this disease should have shown us anything, it's that LIFE is fragile, and we could all die at any given time. What is a few more weeks to get your items, when many thousands of people around the world have died? I'm happy to wait to get my Urbanfun ISSO14. And I don't want anyone to get sick trying to get it to me.

May 27, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #689 of 1,184
I'm still waiting for mine to arrive since March Anniversary sale. Ordered on March 27. I'm literally waiting for 2 months to get them...but this Covid thing has got everything messed up. While this is the longest I've ever had to wait for anything I've ever ordered from AE, I understand the whole world situation right now.

I'm a patient guy though, so I'm not worried. Only thing I hope for (when I finally get em) is that they don't have the bad connectors. I've also got an upgraded cable that I bought from the same store, coming with that package. Yes, the waiting has been hard; but we no longer live in "normal" times. And we, as consumers need to really wrap our heads around that. Gone are the days of quick sales, turnaround and shipping. To all those who think they are privileged (and think that just because they bought something from a company, they deserve super fast delivery); GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA YOUR A$$! The entire world is in a Global Pandemic. China/Asia was first to get it. They are now slowly getting over it. As a result, they are beginning to slowly ramp up production and shipping.

But the rules have changed. Every company, from manufacturers to shipping companies, have to abide by new rules. Distancing between employees, PPE, disinfecting protocols...it all adds up to safer but less productive practices. So, get used to it. I'm so sick and tired of seeing people bi*** about how they didn't get their order as fast as they expected. I've said it many times: you lived without your new purchase for years before you bought it. Are you gonna DIE because you didn't get it fast, or when it was initially promised to you??!! Cause in reality, people are dying every day. Some die from COVID19, some lose their life savings just to pay their bills because they were laid off from their jobs, some commit suicide because they can't handle being forced to stay at home or stay away from their families.
I think it's high time people started taking what is happening in the world right now more seriously. If this disease should have shown us anything, it's that LIFE is fragile, and we could all die at any given time. What is a few more weeks to get your items, when many thousands of people around the world have died? I'm happy to wait to get my Urbanfun ISSO14. And I don't want anyone to get sick trying to get it to me.
So importantly put. And remember we lost one of our great members, helpers a good man from Head-Fi. Nobody is truly safe. I hope our prayers have some meaning.

May 27, 2020 at 3:24 AM Post #690 of 1,184

As if I didn't know any of this but, you see, the thing is that on the same day I purchased those UFs I also made other purchases on ali (FAAEAL and Pizen) and they arrived long time ago. I am now wondering whether there is any stock of these UFs at all and whether everybody sells UFs they don't have and do the fake shipping trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back