Upgrading myheadphones and amp, need help getting the cleanest sound to them.
Oct 28, 2012 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Altair49

New Head-Fier
HI,

I am new to hi fi and posted in the other summit-fi forum but was told my question would be better answered here. I would really apreciate any help please.

My current set up is a pair of Shure earphones and a Fiio E17 and E9k, I just bought a pair oh Sennheiser HD700s and about to pull the trigger on a WooAudio W2, I have one question:

I have been streaming my music through my Macbook and iPod using the above Fio products, I assume they would be a bottleneck in my new system? No? if yes what product should I get to deliver my lossless files from my Macbook or iPod to the Woo? I cab go up to 600 usd, I have heard of the Cambridge Audio Dac Plus, is it worth the 600 versus the 200 of something like the HRT streamer! Help!

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #2 of 4
I think your current set-up is fine.  Will the HD700 be to your liking is a more important question.  I think determing wether you like the sound signature of the HD700 should be first, before loooking at any DAC and or amp upgrades.

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #3 of 4
Thats the thing, I have no choices here. I am military and located in the Middle East, if I am going to buy something and pay for it to be forwarded to a military PO (expensive) and wait for it to clear I am not going to have the option of returning it. I am pretty much stuck with the HD700 now, and need to figure out which amp and dac to get for it.

I am leaning towards to the Woo WA2 + DAC (not sure which one yet hence this post) or just wait for the Senn HDVD 800 to comeout which is both an amp and a DAC. I realize these are personal choices but I would like to know what the majority think of this and if these are wise gambles so to speak.

Thanks for your reply by the way.

Oct 28, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
I am new to hi fi and posted in the other summit-fi forum but was told my question would be better answered here. I would really apreciate any help please.
My current set up is a pair of Shure earphones and a Fiio E17 and E9k, I just bought a pair oh Sennheiser HD700s and about to pull the trigger on a WooAudio W2, I have one question:
I have been streaming my music through my Macbook and iPod using the above Fiio products, I assume they would be a bottleneck in my new system? No? if yes what product should I get to deliver my lossless files from my Macbook or iPod to the Woo? I cab go up to 600 USD, I have heard of the Cambridge Audio DAC Plus, is it worth the 600 versus the 200 of something like the HRT streamer! Help!

You should have fairly good sound with your current E17/E09 setup, maybe hold off DAC/Amp upgrades for now.
In the future you can "reward" yourself with a DAC/Amp upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back