Upgrading my Brainwavz M3
Mar 19, 2011 at 1:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

SimonF

New Head-Fier
Hello there.

I have a pair of Brainwavz M3 since December of 2010 and I want to make an upgrade of them. I would pay US$140.00 (max), but I'm kind of confused when I search IEM's in the Multi-Review of Jocker.

The music that I listen are basically progressive / metal / power / grunge / punk rock (Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Rush, Deftones, Rise Against, Penny Wise, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, etc), trance (David Guetta, Chicane, Daft Punk), and a little bit of pop (only King Of Leon).

So, I'm really confused of what other IEM should I buy.. I'm between RE0, HiFiMan 262 (pre-order of US$149.00) and Brainwavz B2 (Sunrise SW-Xcape are out of stock).

What do you suggest? I love that the earphones had some bass, but I would miss the lack of bass if I buy some of the earphones that I named (I have read those reviews too, but I don't know if I misunderstood any detail).

Thanks!

Regards.

Mar 20, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #5 of 8
mostly because the RE-0 dont have the bass you want and i very seriously doubt the B2 will either.  actulally im not even sure the 262 will have enough for what you want but it is the closest and it offers  easily one of the best sounds for a stupidly low price

Mar 21, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #7 of 8
well some do, IE8, TF10, W3 etc etc  its just that all that extra bass really shouldnt be there, lower end stuff is often much more bassy than it ought to be so moving up the scale to more acoustically neutral stuff if far lighter in bass than what people are used to.  thats why there is the bass light warnings

Users who are viewing this thread

Back