Upgrading from my Sen 202s
Jul 23, 2010 at 12:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Mr95AY

New Head-Fier
HI guys
I currently have Sennheiser HD 202 headphones and htye are great for their price which is £20. I went to the apple shop the other day and i heard those bose noise cancelling comfort 3 headphones and i fell in love. I could hear soo much difference between those and my Sen 202s. I asked how much they were and the apple shop staff told me £300 and i was like holy crap thats expensive.
So i went home and started searching on the internet for some good headphones and ihave been comparing headphones and i have narrowed my choice down to the ATH M50 headphones because they have gotten great reviews and i have hardly heard any negative feedback on these.
Are there any other headphones i should be considering or are these great headphones for the price?
I'm looking for comfy, durable, great sounding headphones which reduce background  noise and i'd highly prefer them to not leak sound while i listening to them and my price range is form £100-£150.

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps :)

Jul 23, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #2 of 12
Senn 448 is you want to keep your current treble but drop the bass.
AT M50 to keep the bass and increase the treble.
Shure 440 if you want to increase the treble and decrease the bass.

Jul 23, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #3 of 12
Should mention any of the three would be a significant jump up just a matter of flavour.  I went with the AT M50.

Jul 23, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #6 of 12
Leak, yes but not audible unless you are on top of someone and they are trying to hear it.  Yes, you will hear things around you.  Closed and IEM not the same blocking.  Its good isolation but you will hear the car that hit you :wink:

Jul 24, 2010 at 3:33 PM Post #9 of 12
Unless the person sleeps on your shoulder, wants to check your earwax, or sniffs/lick your face, then you're in trouble.

Jul 24, 2010 at 4:25 PM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
Unless the person sleeps on your shoulder, wants to check your earwax, or sniffs/lick your face, then you're in trouble.

Ah, the simple joys of public transportation..

Aug 1, 2010 at 10:21 AM Post #12 of 12

Quote:

Nothing to say to that but
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back