Upgrade for MS-1?
Nov 29, 2010 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ambience

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, first post here. Anyway I've been bitten by the upgrade bug and am now looking to replace my MS-1s (equivalent of grado SR125?) with a nicer pair of open cans. Budget is about $500 incl. shipping (if necessary) to aus.

I listen to a lot of different music styles, mostly ambient, metal (and prog metal), rock and classical.
Source is FLACs through an Asus xonar essence STX.

Nov 29, 2010 at 9:43 AM Post #4 of 5
While i'm not doubting that the HF-2s are wonderful, it just seems like you're paying for their rarity... Looks like i could get a used pair of ms-pros or RS-1s at this price, or a new pair of RS-2s. hmm

Nov 30, 2010 at 11:04 AM Post #5 of 5

While i'm not doubting that the HF-2s are wonderful, it just seems like you're paying for their rarity... Looks like i could get a used pair of ms-pros or RS-1s at this price, or a new pair of RS-2s. hmm

That may have been the case last year, when some folks were selling their never-opened HF2s for upwards of $600, but when TTVJ started selling new HF2s for $429 (and Bs for $350), it brought prices back to Earth.  Given a choice between an HF2 and an RS2, I'd opt for the HF2.  It's a stellar headphone and a real gem.  It's the affordable PS1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back