I hope I'm in the first 60-70 as well.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Ed

Me too
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #303 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mister Crash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the next question would be if those who got the U version would be able to send theirs back for a UK upgrade if Nankai is able to secure more of the UK chips later.

I believe the next question would be if those with U version can have an upgrade before shipping... providing Nankai will be able to secure more of the UK chips
smile_phones.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #305 of 1,469
Hi, Nankai
I live in China. Can I use RMB to pay? Perhaps via Alipay or something like that?
There are many people interested HiFiMan in China. Some friends I know in www.erji.net are willing to buy this product. Is that possible to provide a convenient sales channel for them?

Aug 10, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #306 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by testrichard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
by the way Nankai ~

after you finalise the pre-order , could you please ink the unit as limited unit numbers ? i would like to show and being known as proud 1st batch owner! nothing beats that feelings and would be nice gesture for us who jump the ship and long wait !! thanks alot ~ cheers mate

Are the HM-801's serial numbered in any way on the unit? If so, perhaps it could be an added part to the serial number.

Or it could be a metallic foil decal (they are quite a bit stronger than regular stickers.)

But at the very least, the easiest way (to avoid any additional delay) would be to have the box labeled with a sticker or other mark that would show which ones are Limited Preorder and Ones with PCM1704UK chips.

I'm thinking most people wouldn't want a sticker or "ink" on their HM-801's, but having it specially marked on the box would be OK.

-Ed

Aug 10, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #307 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are the HM-801's serial numbered in any way on the unit? If so, perhaps it could be an added part to the serial number.

Or it could be a metallic foil decal (they are quite a bit stronger than regular stickers.)

But at the very least, the easiest way (to avoid any additional delay) would be to have the box labeled with a sticker or other mark that would show which ones are Limited Preorder and Ones with PCM1704UK chips.

I'm thinking most people wouldn't want a sticker or "ink" on their HM-801's, but having it specially marked on the box would be OK.

-Ed

Agree. And to avoid any additional delay is very important.

Aug 10, 2009 at 9:09 PM Post #308 of 1,469
I would also be very interested in knowing which da-chip I was utilizing..
smily_headphones1.gif
.. Although I would probably never have the luxury of a reference.

Aug 11, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #310 of 1,469
[size=xx-small]Silly questions...[/size]

1. Is the module easily accessible/viewable to see the IC in question?
2. Does the chip have the "UK" designation printed on top?

Aug 11, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #311 of 1,469
Here's hoping I'm in the first 60-70 as well, but as I ordered in early August I think I'll be pushing my luck!!!

However, I do have a question regarding the ordering Nankai. I didn't see an option for specifying the headamp module that you want. And forgot to add a note when I paid using paypal. I am definitely after the one that will run my pk1's and my Beyer DT990s - so is that the high-gain option????

Can you take this post as acceptiing that option for me, or should I send you a PM?

Cheers

pauls

PS Do you actually get a choice or am I mistaken? Did anyone else specify at their order time and I somehow missed a step?

Aug 11, 2009 at 4:32 PM Post #313 of 1,469
I thought I read somewhere there there were different swappable amp modules for IEMs vs Full-sized cans.. Could be wrong though..

Yeah and what's the difference between UK and U?

Aug 11, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #314 of 1,469
Quote:

Originally Posted by jelt2359 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought I read somewhere there there were different swappable amp modules for IEMs vs Full-sized cans.. Could be wrong though..

That's the plan and provided that modules will be reasonably priced, I like that plan very much! The same with the battery. Hopefully we'll be able to buy spare one and eventually later the one with higher capacity... That's the beauty of modular system.

CORRECTION: I've just read in the post linked below, that there are indeed 2 different amp modules. It's not clear if they will be available at the moment, though.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/hi...3/#post5883380

Users who are viewing this thread

Back