Updated Burned in Sennheiser PC350
Jun 15, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #16 of 22
I was using the Astro Mixamp witht the E5 and it was awesome NOW i just got in the mail today is my new FiiO E7....all I have to say is WOOOOW.

Jun 15, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #18 of 22
voice chat in "tv mode"? it's no different with the ad700, pc350, 595, or any other can, as long as they're all hooked up to the mixamp.

Quote:
Thank you for the reply. Like i said I love my PC350. See this is the thing the PC350 is a power hunger can. When I hook it up to my home theater system (Onkyo TX-NR708) it sounds like jesus is singing. Same goes as to my AD700 and my Sen 595. My Astro Mixamp was just not powering up my cans the way they they need to be powered. Right now I have my Astro Mixamp hooked to my FiiO E5 and the sound is much fuller. I actually just got the FiiO E7 and see is the sound changes.

I wrote this targeting audiophiles that uses audiophile headphones/headsets. For gaming I love my PC350 Good sound and the communication is the best out of all headsets I have owned. AD700 and the 595 are nice BUT i hate having voice chat in TV mode it's just not clear.

I will update when I get my FiiO E7. I am sure you guys feel the same way as me audiophile cans are as good as the amp they are hooked up to.

Jun 16, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #19 of 22

Quote:
voice chat in "tv mode"? it's no different with the ad700, pc350, 595, or any other can, as long as they're all hooked up to the mixamp.

I see what your saying now. I got confuse there for a second. That is my bad. I notice you use your AD700 for XBOX360 gaming. What mic do you use? and can your teammate hear you clearly? Does your mic have a volume or mute functions?

For Nosaj03 the E7 made significant changes to the clarity of sound/bass and also it made the soundstage bigger. Like I said before PC350 is a power hungry can and the E7 is the best compliment to help the Astro Mixamp powew this baby. Also, listenign to Music and Movies everything sounds more "ALIVE"

Jun 16, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #21 of 22
My PC350 is stock, I used the E7 with my 595 and AD700 also and they all sound "sexy". Everything just becomes alive. Here is a video review that just came up a couple of days ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQIJ74faF8o

Jun 19, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #22 of 22
i use a standard boom mic that actually came from a GE headset sold at target (like this, the mic simply unplugs from the headset http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41YzLVVx9nL._AA260_.jpg), i have a "controller puck" attached to the mic so i can control volume/mute on the controller, and when i'm using the mixamp i run a stubby cable from the puck to the mixamp.

as far as quality, the mic far exceeds the capability of the voice codec used over xbox live (ie. its as good or better than any solution you could come up with for xbox live)

i'm currently using this setup in the k702, and shortly i'll attach it to my MDR-F1.... always searching for the best gaming setup, so far the AD700 is very respectable :) it's bested by the k702, but not by a large margin, certainly not enough to justify the price increase

Quote:
I see what your saying now. I got confuse there for a second. That is my bad. I notice you use your AD700 for XBOX360 gaming. What mic do you use? and can your teammate hear you clearly? Does your mic have a volume or mute functions?

For Nosaj03 the E7 made significant changes to the clarity of sound/bass and also it made the soundstage bigger. Like I said before PC350 is a power hungry can and the E7 is the best compliment to help the Astro Mixamp powew this baby. Also, listenign to Music and Movies everything sounds more "ALIVE"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back