[UPDATED] Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Second: September 15th, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 13, 2018 at 8:34 PM Post #166 of 216
Traffic Update:

I was just on the I-10 and it looks like it won't be closed until 9pm Saturday... so no worries!

I do hope ADOT has their act together as I suspect many are traveling west on Saturday.

Thanks for the update.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018 at 3:42 AM Post #169 of 216
Left later than I wanted, but it was because I had a Massdrop package originally scheduled for Saturday delivery, then become Friday, and noticed Wednesday evening it made it to Houston... and yep sure enough I waited and got it in the mail Thursday. What was in the package?
i-wPT3ckf-X4.jpg

Finally left around 3:45pm. I just stopped for rest at Carlsbad, NM... Will continue on in the morning and be at the Avondale Hilton in the afternoon.

Hotels are freaking EXPENSIVE in Carlsbad...cost more for 1 nights stay here than 2 nights at the Avondale Hilton...

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #172 of 216
I'll be hitching a ride with @TSAVAlan. This'll be my first time in Arizona; I'm so excited!

And it'll give me a chance to catch up with @Barra too!

I'll likely bring:
  • LH Labs Pulse X Infinity DAC
  • LH Labs Linear Power Supply
  • Schiit Eitr
  • STAX SRM-252S
  • STAX SRM-353X BK
  • STAX SR-207 headphone
  • Focal Clear
  • Macbook as source, so feel free to bring your own digital music if you'd like
Unfortunately, I have my business partner in town this weekend for a client meeting we have on Saturday and other business items. Not sure how much if any of this meet I will be able to make. I would love to catch up though if I do. I will likely make RMAF in Colorado next month if you are able to make that.

Sep 14, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #173 of 216
Hey Guys/Gals, anyone here interested in local equipment tours? I used to do a bunch in Seattle and have a few US tours that I have been doing. Lately, I have been hosting a number of CIEM tours and cable tours that I would love to grow. Local tours move faster with handoffs vs. shipping so they are more fun. Please PM me with interest and what you would like to see on tour.

Right now, as you can see in my signature, I am starting a Forza Audioworks full-sized cable tour for HD800s and a second set of 2.5mm connector headphones like the HEX/HEK, HD700, etc. Anyone here interested in a local tour to see how an upgrade cable improves the sound of your cans? The Forza cable is a hybrid copper/silver cable with thick AWG and a teddy bear huggable high-end quality. I am also about to post a PWaudio CIEM upgrade cable tour that is pretty much their full line-up if anyone locally is into CIEMs. Having just ended a number of CIEM cable tours, I can tell you that there is a large tuning potential here and often a large upgrade in SQ. Please PM me with interest.

Sep 14, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #174 of 216
Unfortunately, I have my business partner in town this weekend for a client meeting we have on Saturday and other business items. Not sure how much if any of this meet I will be able to make. I would love to catch up though if I do. I will likely make RMAF in Colorado next month if you are able to make that.
Ah dang, that's unfortunate. I will be at RMAF next month though with [@]muinarc[/@] though!

gcqPHEi.jpg

(more or less)
I still can't believe they added The Moon as an assist trophy in the next Smash Bros, hahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back