[UPDATED] Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Second: September 15th, 2018

2 3 4
Next

Last
  1. Coolzo
    LATEST UPDATE 6/22/18:

List of contributing insiders:

Schiit Audio: Sponsorship, SchiitKit. Real good Schiit!
    More TBA!

Date & Time:
    Saturday September 15th, 2018
    10:00AM-6:00PM

11460 W Hilton Way
    Avondale, AZ 85323

*Wifi Password is HGI123*

**Please note the starting and ending times. For whom it may concern, setup start time will be the same as the previous two meets**

Vendors, industry insiders, and all sorts of gear welcome of course! Our friends at Schiit will be sponsoring the event once again :) We will be meeting in the same space as last time. Finally- BYOPS: Bring Your Own Power Strip!!!

At lunch time, attendees should note that there is a Culver's and a Ruby Tuesday's in the same parking lot, as well as a plethora of places near the i10/101 intersection. Attendees can also expect to enjoy catering of snack-type items from the hotel- stay tuned for further updates!

Please let us know what gear you'll be bringing, and it'll be placed below. Also, make note of any audio items you might like to sell at the meet. Member attendees, also feel free to list any used gear you might have for sale at the time of the meet (listed at the bottom of this post). Attendee inquiries only, please.

List of present gears (continually updated, italics might be present):
    Schiit Kit:

(Contents TBA... but expect something cool!)
    *Two-channel will be included, but apart from the main event area.

Headphones:
    Audeze LCD-1 prototype (only 25 produced!)
    Denon D7000 (J$ V3 pads)
    Fostex TH-X00 PH (modded)
    Fostex TH-X00 'PS' (modded)
    Monoprice Monolith M1060 (modded)
    Sennheiser HD800 (various mods and cables available)
    Sennheiser HD800SDR
    Stax L300
    Stax L300L
    ZMF Auteur Blackwood

IEMs:

Headphone Amplifiers
    Eddie Current Balancing Act (Mullard ECC35, EML 300B-mesh)
    Gustard H10
    Schiit Ragnarok

DACs:
    Gustard X20U
    PS Audio DLIII (Cullen IV mods)
    Schiit Yggdrassil (Gen 2 Analog, Gen 5 USB)

DACAmps:

USB>SPDIF/DDCs/digital stuff:
    Musiland Dragon USB

Used gear for sale at the meet (prices valid for meet attendees only):
    Also, @koover will have a large selection of tubes for sale. Prices negotiable, look for the guy with the plastic tubs full of tubes!

Yup, just look at all that empty space. More TBA as time goes on, much much more. Watch this space!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    Athtel, VRacer-111 and koover like this.
  2. Muinarc
    Will probably be there. Have a family member's birthday that weekend so I'll try to get them to want to celebrate on Sunday instead of Saturday using any method necessary!

forging a new birth certificate may be an option

Coolzo likes this.
  3. Coolzo
    Sounds perfectly legit to me! Or gift them their first headphone rig, then at least the Head-Force will be with you.

4. balderon Contributor
    I’ve added the date to my calendar. I hope to acquire an upgrade well before September.

5. anteroth
    You already know ill be there with the megastacks in tow.

6. DEBigworm
    I'll be there. Should be interesting to see how my collection has eloved since the last one.

7. VRacer-111
    Go ahead and put me down.

Plan to bring the following:

A) Estat rig consisting of Mjoljir Audio STAX SRD-7 based energizer, NAD C275BEE stereo amp, STAX SRM-323S driver unit, Shiit Loki, Gustard X20U DAC, and laptop with locally stored FLAC music library.

* Possibly also a Ci Audio VPC-3 passive preamp volume control... something I plan to get in the near future.

B) Dynamic rig consisting of a modded Gustard H10 amp connected to same Gustard X20U DAC or alternatively to a DFR and Tablet with same FLAC collection as laptop.

C) Headphones:
    1- Modded Fostex TH-X00 PH
    2- Modded Fostex TH-X00 'PS'
    3- Modded Monolith M1060
    4- Koss ESP950
    5- STAX L300 (probably modded by that point)
    6- STAX L300L (80th anniversary Limited Edition)

*Possibly STAX SR-003 MK2 in-ears...

Can see my sig for the mods associated with each item...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    koover likes this.
  8. pbui44
    Nice, a Houston regular branching out to other meets in other states. The X20U DAC looks like a beast, too. Have fun, guys!

9. koover
    Man, I need to be more observant. Excellent news. Your gear has certainly evolved my friend. I’m really looking forward to checking all your gear out. On paper it looks outstanding and I’m sure it’ll sound even better then it looks.

10. dontfeedphils
    A bit off topic, but I wanted to see if anyone local was interested in this setup before I post it in the for sale thread. Thinking about selling my Moj + /iFi ieMatch + White B-Stock Andro setup for $1100 cash or paypal (buyer pays fees). If anyone is interested just drop me a PM and I'll get right back to you.

Here's a pic of the setup attached to a phone case: https://imgur.com/2kZtEzu

11. Zyker
    I'm definitely going to try and make this...

I've been making my headphone stands, too, so what are the rules regarding being a vendor? I'd love to see if anyone is interested in them! :)

12. koover
    No rules for being a vender other then we’d like to see you make it. We’re at a great hotel who allows it. We had 3 venders last meet with hopefully more in September.
    Good to see a spark in the thread.

13. Zyker
    It'll be fun to see everyone's collections! Since I'll be bringing some of my stands, are there any particular woods that anyone here would like to see their cans on? I'd love to get pics, as well, if that's ok!

14. koover
    Not following you. Get pics? From the meet? If so, there's plenty of people that take pics so that's absolutely fine.
    Me? I'd love Cherry wood but oak works for me as it's so much cheaper and does the trick. Looking forward to seeing your craftsmanship.

15. Zyker
    That's funny because I have a piece of cherry sitting in my shop right now, waiting to be worked on!

And the pics I want are of people's sets on the different stands! I'm curious to see what woods work best in regards to contrast, color, etc.

2 3 4
Next

Last