[UPDATED] Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Second: September 15th, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 13, 2018 at 2:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 216

Coolzo

500+ Head-Fier
LAST UPDATED 9/14/18 8:38PM
The time is upon us, see you all tomorrow!

funch said:
To anyone who has never been to one of these meets, they are the most laid back get togethers you'll ever experience. No pressure, just hangin' out with friends, including the ones
you haven't met yet.

Even if you're just curious about it, but don't have any gear (yet; you will after you attend, trust me), just come and hang.

List of contributing insiders:

Schiit Audio: Sponsorship, SchiitKit, 2-Channel too! Real good Schiit.
Audeze: Sending a rep with most (if not all) of their entire lineup!
Hey! Evan here from Audeze. Looking forward to this event and meeting you all.

I will be bringing:

1x LCD2 Closed-Back
1x LCD-2C (Classic)
1x LCD-2
1x LCD-X
1x LCD-XC
1x LCD-3
1x LCD-MX4
1x LCD-4
1x LCD-4z

The Mobius in Copper - I might have this hooked up to a stationary demo. So if anyone else has a Mobius (Believe I saw someone post they'd be bringing their unit) great!

1x SINE DX

1x iSINE10 with and without the Cipher Cable
1x iSINE20 with and without the Cipher Cable
1x LCDi4 with and without the Cipher Cable

See you all soon!
Audio Video Choices: Our local used gear dealer has provided a demo unit of the Benchmark HPA4 balanced headphone amplifier/preamplifier. Pick up their business card!
Ampsandsound: Justin from Ampsandsound will bring the new ZMF Pendant amplifier, along with the Mogwai SE.
Campfire Audio: Sending demo units of their Andromeda, Atlas, and Comet IEMs.
HeadAmp Electronics: Sending demo units of their Blue Hawaii SE electrostatic headphone amplifier (in a unique new finish!), and Gilmore Lite mk2 headphone amplifier.
Sending this one-of-a-kind Blue Hawaii SE off to the Arizona meet today! Black powder coated panels w/ Ice Blue accents. The Gilmore Lite mk2 will also be there.

pY4x7E3.jpg
Sennheiser: Sending demo units of their HD820 and HD660S headphones, as well as the HDV820 DAC/amp!
The Source AV: The Source AV will be at the meet!
Brands:

*1MORE
AAW
Amps And Sound
Astell & Kern
Audeze LCC
Audioquest
Aurender
Bendyhead
Beyerdynamic
Bluewave
Chord
*Cobra Cables
Cozoy
Denon
Final
Focal
HeadAmp
*Hifiman
Jerry Harvey Audio
*Kimber Kable
Lake People
McIntosh
Meze Headphones
Moon -> Simaudio LTD
*MrSpeakers
Nordost
Pro-ject
Questyle
Sennheiser
*Shanling
Shozy
SPL
Sonoma
Sony
Stax
Ultimate Ears
Violelectric
*Westone Laboratories
Wireworld
Woo Audio
ZMF Headphones LLC

Put in an asterisk near gear I am already pretty sure I'll be bringing from my personal collection but always open to suggestions! Got in some of the new Stax pieces recently like the D10 so I could see if I could borrow that and run an estat setup.
Woo Audio: Sending demo units of their WA8 Eclipse DAC/amp and WA5LE headphone amplifier!

Date & Time:
Saturday September 15th, 2018
10:00AM-6:00PM

11460 W Hilton Way
Avondale, AZ 85323

*Wifi Password is HGI123*

**Please note the starting and ending times. For whom it may concern, setup start time will be the same as the previous two meets**

Vendors, industry insiders, and all sorts of gear welcome of course! Our friends at Schiit will be sponsoring the event once again :) We will be meeting in the same space as last time. Finally- BYOPS: Bring Your Own Power Strip!!!

Other stuff:
I can confirm that Schiit Audio will be sending their two channel components! This includes a pair of Vidar amplifiers with a Freya preamp and Gungnir Multibit DAC. The system will be driving a pair of Tannoy Revolution XT-6F floorstanding speakers, with Ascend Acoustics MTMs also available at some point. This system will be placed not in the main event area, but instead inside a nearby hotel room. *This room will by default be locked; access will require that individuals (probably 3-4 at a time max) inquire with one of the... staff? (Greg @koover, Chris @Destroysall, Brandon @anteroth, or myself, Joe @Coolzo) to unlock the room.

Raffle:
There will be a raffle! This time, tickets will not be for sale; each attendee will receive one (1) FREE entry into the drawing, they need only put their name on a signup sheet at the event. Prizes include a Schiit Lyr 3 headphone amplifier (amp only, no module), and a set of Audeze iSine10 IEMs!

At lunch time, attendees should note that there is a Culver's and a Ruby Tuesday's in the same parking lot, as well as a plethora of places near the i10/101 intersection. Attendees can also expect to enjoy catering of snack-type items from the hotel- stay tuned for further updates!

Please let us know what gear you'll be bringing, and it'll be placed below. Also, make note of any audio items you might like to sell at the meet. Member attendees, also feel free to list any used gear you might have for sale at the time of the meet (listed at the bottom of this post). Attendee inquiries only, please.

List of present gears (continually updated, italics might be present):
-Schiit Kit:

(Contents TBA... but expect something cool!)
*Two-channel will be in a room seperate from the main event area.

-Much of (possibly all) of the Audeze headphone lineup!

Member gear (does not include sponsor/insider/loaner gear):
Headphones:
Audeze LCD-1 prototype (only 25 produced!)
Audeze LCD-3F
Audeze Sine
Audiozenith PMx2 v2
B&O BeoPlay H7 wireless
Denon AH-D2000 (super modded)
Denon AH-D7000 (J$ V3 pads)
Focal Clear
Focal Elex
Focal Utopia
Fostex TH-X00 MH
Fostex TH-X00 PH (modded)
Grado GH1 w/ G-cush or L-Cush
Grado SR325e
Hifiman HE-4XX
Hifiman HE-400i
Hifiman HE-500 (cskippy mods)
Koss KPH30i
Meze 99 Classics
Meze 99 Neo
ModHouse Audio Argon mk3
Monoprice Monolith M1060 (modded)
MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Closed
MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Open
PSB M4U2
Sennheiser HD58X
Sennheiser HD598
Sennheiser HD6XX
Sennheiser HD650 (various modded and unmodded)
Sennheiser HD800 (various modded and unmodded)
Sennheiser HD800SDR
Sony MDR-Z7
Stax SR-207
Stax SR-L300L
Verum 1
ZMF Auteur Blackwood
ZMF Atticus
ZMF Ori
ZMF Eikon

IEMs:
Noble Massdrop X

Headphone Amplifiers:
Audio GD NFB-1
AMB Labs M3
Bottlehead Mainline
Cavalli Liquid Carbon X
Decware CSP3 (Jupiter Copper cap's, Mogami signal wire, stepped attenuator)
ECP DSHA-1
Eddie Current Aficionado
Eddie Current Balancing Act (Mullard ECC35, EML 300B-mesh)
Garage1217 Project Ember v2.1
Garage1217 Project Solstice
Gustard H10 (modded)
NAD C275BEE integrated+STAX SRD-7 transformer (Mjolnir Audio Mods)
Schiit Lyr 3
Schiit Mjolnir 2
Schiit Ragnarok
STAX SRM-252S
STAX SRM-353X BK
Tascam MH-8
XRK971 pocket class-A, desktop version

DACs:
Audio GD D-77
Chord Mojo
Gustard X20U
Holo Spring Level 1
PupDAC
PS Audio DLIII (Cullen IV mods)
Schiit Gungnir delta-sigma
Schiit Gungnir Multibit (Gen 5 USB)
Schiit Modi Multibit
Schiit Yggdrassil (Gen 2 Analog, Gen 5 USB. Gen 1 Yggy also available.)
RME ADI-2 DAC

DACAmps:
Audioquest Dragonfly Red
iFi nano iDSD
LH Labs Pulse X Infinity DAC + LPS
Marantz HDDAC1
Oppo HA-2
RME ADI-2 DAC

DAPs:
Fiio X7 mk ii
Hiby R3
IBasso DX50
Shanling M0
Shanling M5

DDCs/digital stuff/misc analog:
M2Tech HiFace EVO USB>SPDIF coverter
Musiland Dragon USB
PS Audio Power Plant Premier power regenerator
Schiit Eitr USB>SPDIF converter
Schiit Loki Mini analog EQ
Singxer SU-1 USB interface

Optical Players/Sources:
OPPO BDP-93 Blu-ray player
Yamaha DVD-S1800 SACD/DVD player

Used gear for sale at the meet (prices valid for the meet ONLY):
@VRacer-111Philips SHP9500S headphones
@anteroth Bottlehead Mainline, Marantz HDDAC1
@balderon VTI stereo rack
@Astral Abyss Sennheiser HD800 ($600)
@Coolzo Tannoy Revolution XT-6F floorstanding speakers ($800 pair)
@cskippy Holo Spring Level 1 DAC, Singxer SU-1 ($1350 Spring Only, $1600 for both)

@funch will have many items at his table for sale, make sure you check it out! His rig includes the Decware CSP3, Yggy v1, and a PS Audio power regenerator! Other stuff, too.

@koover will have a large selection of tubes for sale. Prices negotiable, look for the guy with the plastic tubs full of tubes!

@Zyker *may* have some awesome exotic wood headphone stands for sale!

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #2 of 216
Will probably be there. Have a family member's birthday that weekend so I'll try to get them to want to celebrate on Sunday instead of Saturday using any method necessary!

forging a new birth certificate may be an option

Feb 19, 2018 at 10:47 AM Post #5 of 216
You already know ill be there with the megastacks in tow.

Mar 6, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #7 of 216
Go ahead and put me down.

Plan to bring the following:

A) Estat rig consisting of Mjoljir Audio STAX SRD-7 based energizer, NAD C275BEE stereo amp, STAX SRM-323S driver unit, Shiit Loki, Gustard X20U DAC, and laptop with locally stored FLAC music library.

* Possibly also a Ci Audio VPC-3 passive preamp volume control... something I plan to get in the near future.

B) Dynamic rig consisting of a modded Gustard H10 amp connected to same Gustard X20U DAC or alternatively to a DFR and Tablet with same FLAC collection as laptop.

C) Headphones:
1- Modded Fostex TH-X00 PH
2- Modded Fostex TH-X00 'PS'
3- Modded Monolith M1060
4- Koss ESP950
5- STAX L300 (probably modded by that point)
6- STAX L300L (80th anniversary Limited Edition)

*Possibly STAX SR-003 MK2 in-ears...

Can see my sig for the mods associated with each item...

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #8 of 216

A) Estat rig consisting of Mjoljir Audio STAX SRD-7 based energizer, NAD C275BEE stereo amp, STAX SRM-323S driver unit, Shiit Loki, Gustard X20U DAC, and laptop with locally stored FLAC music library.

* Possibly also a Ci Audio VPC-3 passive preamp volume control... something I plan to get in the near future.

B) Dynamic rig consisting of a modded Gustard H10 amp connected to same Gustard X20U DAC or alternatively to a DFR and Tablet with same FLAC collection as laptop.

C) Headphones:
1- Modded Fostex TH-X00 (PH)
2- Modded Fostex TH-X00 (PS)
3- Modded Monolith M1060
4- Koss ESP950

Nice, a Houston regular branching out to other meets in other states. The X20U DAC looks like a beast, too. Have fun, guys!

Mar 11, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #9 of 216

C) Headphones:
1- Modded Fostex TH-X00 PH
2- Modded Fostex TH-X00 'PS'
3- Modded Monolith M1060
4- Koss ESP950

Man, I need to be more observant. Excellent news. Your gear has certainly evolved my friend. I’m really looking forward to checking all your gear out. On paper it looks outstanding and I’m sure it’ll sound even better then it looks.

Mar 12, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #10 of 216
A bit off topic, but I wanted to see if anyone local was interested in this setup before I post it in the for sale thread. Thinking about selling my Moj + /iFi ieMatch + White B-Stock Andro setup for $1100 cash or paypal (buyer pays fees). If anyone is interested just drop me a PM and I'll get right back to you.

Here's a pic of the setup attached to a phone case: https://imgur.com/2kZtEzu

Apr 2, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #11 of 216
I'm definitely going to try and make this...

I've been making my headphone stands, too, so what are the rules regarding being a vendor? I'd love to see if anyone is interested in them! :)

Apr 2, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #12 of 216
No rules for being a vender other then we’d like to see you make it. We’re at a great hotel who allows it. We had 3 venders last meet with hopefully more in September.
Good to see a spark in the thread.

Apr 2, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #13 of 216
No rules for being a vender other then we’d like to see you make it. We’re at a great hotel who allows it. We had 3 venders last meet with hopefully more in September.
Good to see a spark in the thread.
It'll be fun to see everyone's collections! Since I'll be bringing some of my stands, are there any particular woods that anyone here would like to see their cans on? I'd love to get pics, as well, if that's ok!

Apr 2, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #14 of 216
Not following you. Get pics? From the meet? If so, there's plenty of people that take pics so that's absolutely fine.
Me? I'd love Cherry wood but oak works for me as it's so much cheaper and does the trick. Looking forward to seeing your craftsmanship.

Apr 2, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #15 of 216
Not following you. Get pics? From the meet? If so, there's plenty of people that take pics so that's absolutely fine.
Me? I'd love Cherry wood but oak works for me as it's so much cheaper and does the trick. Looking forward to seeing your craftsmanship.
That's funny because I have a piece of cherry sitting in my shop right now, waiting to be worked on!

And the pics I want are of people's sets on the different stands! I'm curious to see what woods work best in regards to contrast, color, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back