[UPDATED] Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Second: September 15th, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 14, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #31 of 216
Hoping to attend this meet as well.. have missed the last few due to scheduling..but since Sept still a ways away.. I can give priority to this one <g>.. Just wondering if anyone will be bringing any bluetooth options.. have been looking at moving into the 21st century (wired was a cool thing for a while ..lol) and it just seems to bring a cool factor to this man's setup..

Don J

Jun 14, 2018 at 10:45 PM Post #33 of 216
Hoping to attend this meet as well.. have missed the last few due to scheduling..but since Sept still a ways away.. I can give priority to this one <g>.. Just wondering if anyone will be bringing any bluetooth options.. have been looking at moving into the 21st century (wired was a cool thing for a while ..lol) and it just seems to bring a cool factor to this man's setup..

Don J

I should be bringing an Audeze Mobius and my Shanling M0 DAP.... just need to figure out how to update the M0 to firmware version 2.0 to get LDAC playback ability...

I'll also be bringing my Oppo BDP-93 for use with my STAX rig... because 24bit/96k DVD-A discs are absolutely glorious sounding... listening to Blue Man Group "The Complex" DVD-A right now out of my speakers with a little bass EQ'D in from the RME ADI-2 DAC... absolutely REDICULOUS sounding... just as rediculous switched through the L300LE STAX.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #34 of 216
Hello again everyone! It's about time you all received an update.

@koover, @Destroysall, and I were *finally* able to meet once again with the hotel yesterday. First, we have some cool catering ideas: we were thinking of having muffins, coffee, and orange juice from the start of the event, with a chip/dip/salsa tray later. Does this sound like something that would interest you guys? Please let us know, and ensure that you post in this thread if you are thinking of attending, so that we may have an appropriate estimate for quantities! Of course, the favorite fruit/cheese/crackers tray from last time will make a return.

Finally for this post, the real exciting part: I can confirm that Schiit Audio will be sending a two-channel speaker rig! This includes a pair of Vidar amplifiers with a Freya preamp and Gungnir Multibit DAC. I can't yet say for sure which speakers will be paired with the electronics, however I think we can all safely guess that it might be the infamous Salk Song towers* (will keep you posted). This system will be placed not in the main event area, but instead inside a nearby hotel room. Of course, exact logistics of how listeners will be filtered in and out are yet to be decided, however there will certainly always be at least one person "on staff" in the designated room.

More stuff is brewing, stay tuned!

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #35 of 216
I've got a number currently finished and ready to be sold. Here are pictures of what's available: https://imgur.com/a/JQYSuc7

I'll bring whatever I have available to the meet. :)

Wow! Those are some gorgeous pieces. I especially like the Purple heart and Zebra wood. I still use the one that I won a couple of meets back, and my Woo stand stays in the box.

I'll be attending of course with more or less the same stuff.

Jun 22, 2018 at 7:14 PM Post #36 of 216
Looking forward to it guys. Going to be another fun event.

On a side note, if anyone is reading this thread that is interested from out state and wants to stay at the Hilton, please contact me via a PM. I’ll be able to book you at a discounted rate through the events manager. We’re going to do our absolute best to accommodate anyone from out of state and make your stay as comfortable as humanly possible.

Jun 25, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #38 of 216
I’ll be there with a few things in tow.

Eddie Current Balancing Act with Mullard ECC35 ADZAM / EML 300b-mesh
PS Audio DLIII DAC with Cullen IV mods
Musiland Dragon USB->ASIO
ZMF Auteur Blackwood
Senn HD-800 with DIY Cardas balanced "Fat-Pipe" cable
Denon D7000 with J$ V3 pads
Audeze LCD-1 prototype (only 25 produced)

Jun 25, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #39 of 216

@koover, @Destroysall, and I were *finally* able to meet once again with the hotel yesterday. First, we have some cool catering ideas: we were thinking of having muffins, coffee, and orange juice from the start of the event, with a chip/dip/salsa tray later. Does this sound like something that would interest you guys? Please let us know, and ensure that you post in this thread if you are thinking of attending, so that we may have an appropriate estimate for quantities! Of course, the favorite fruit/cheese/crackers tray from last time will make a return.

Any or all of that sounds delicious. Honestly, anything that gets put out has been really good and is definitely appreciated. You guys do a great job with the organizing and the location is top notch.

I haven't quite decided if or what I'm bringing this time around. I just bought a Project Solstice from Garage1217 that's arriving today. It can run 12SN7 tubes, so I got it to experiment with. I've also got an adapter coming from Hong Kong so I can run dual 12J5Gs in it. If it turns out to be a winner, I will likely bring it along with my Schiit Stack of Eitr, Mimby, and Loki. Otherwise, I will probably bring the Bottlehead Crack I built a few months ago.

For headphones... still deciding. I've got quite a few to choose from. Sort of depends on what amp I bring.

Jun 27, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #40 of 216

Finally for this post, the real exciting part: I can confirm that Schiit Audio will be sending a two-channel speaker rig! This includes a pair of Vidar amplifiers with a Freya preamp and Gungnir Multibit DAC. I can't yet say for sure which speakers will be paired with the electronics, however I think we can all safely guess that it might be the infamous Salk Song towers* (will keep you posted). This system will be placed not in the main event area, but instead inside a nearby hotel room. Of course, exact logistics of how listeners will be filtered in and out are yet to be decided, however there will certainly always be at least one person "on staff" in the designated room.

More stuff is brewing, stay tuned!

That's awesome! These meets keep getting better and better. Keep it going and I won't have a desire to make it to a CanJam anymore.

Wonder if anyone will have their hands on the new Ananda by the time the meet roles around, curious about that one.

I'll definitely be there, with my pretty small setup in tow.

Jun 28, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #41 of 216
A little off topic but hey, it's still kinda relevant as it's AZ headfi. :)
@Zyker, @dontfeedphils, @DEBigworm......are you guys still interested in meeting up for a mini meet anytime soon? I will be more then happy to host. I should have plenty of room. Anyone else? Let's do this guys.

Jun 28, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #42 of 216
I'll be bringing...….

*Balanced ZMF Atticus
*Balanced MrSpeakers Aeon Flow open
*Balanced Audeze LCD2-C
*Balanced Sony MDR-Z7 (modded)
*Balanced Senny HD650
*Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart (modded)
*Denon AH-D2000 (modded)
*Meze classic 99 walnut/gold
*Meze Neo

Schiit Mjolnir 2
Garage 1217 Project Ember V2.1
Oppo HA-2
Audioquest DFR

Schiit Gumby Multibit Gen5

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #43 of 216
@Zyker, @dontfeedphils, @DEBigworm......are you guys still interested in meeting up for a mini meet anytime soon? I will be more then happy to host. I should have plenty of room. Anyone else? Let's do this guys.

I'm still in. I'll be out of town for a while soon, but I'll be back and could do something as soon as 7/14.

Jun 28, 2018 at 9:56 AM Post #44 of 216
I'm still in. I'll be out of town for a while soon, but I'll be back and could do something as soon as 7/14.
Great. That's 2. Let's see if anyone else is in. I'll make sure we have some food too. I'll BBQ and have plenty of refreshments if anyone is down for that. :beer::tumbler_glass: If not, we'll just jam out.
The 14th is perfect for me as it's the last day of my vacation and no better way of ending it!

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #45 of 216
Yeah, I'd totally like to try and meet! I might be out of town for training in September, do something earlier would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back