[UPDATED] Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Second: September 15th, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #121 of 216
If it’s not a terrible hassle would you kindly consider bringing the Sonoma Electrostat if available? I couldn’t help but notice that you really seem to really be enjoying it in your Profile photo.

Second this if not too much trouble.
Lets make it happen! Don't think it will be an issue to bring it.

Made a few phone calls and waiting to hear back from some folks but looks like I will be able to coordinate with a few other brands and getting some cool stuff also.

Will be bring at least a few pieces of things to sell, can see if we can be cool running a few sales for the meet some of the manufacturers.

Aug 31, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #122 of 216
I thought the last few meets were awesome, but this one is gearing up to be CanJam in the desert.

Last time I spent most of my time with my cans looking for a new amp. This time I'm all set and really looking forward to listening to as much equipment as possible. Getting excited!

Aug 31, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #123 of 216
I'll be sending my Aficionado off to EC for the feedback mod upgrade today. Hopefully I'll have it back for the meet!

I'll be bringing:
DACs:
Holo Spring Level 1
RME ADI-2 DAC

Amps:
ECP DSHA-1
Eddie Current Aficionado

Headphones:
Audiozenith PMx2 v2
Utopia
HE-500 cskippy mods
HD650 modded
Elex
Verum 1!!!!!!!

Sep 3, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #129 of 216
Will the room be the same size as the last meet?
We're looking at 2200' where the last meet was a little under 1100'. Depending on how this meet goes, we can do up to 4000' which is basically the size for a wedding reception. We'll never need to worry about space.

Sep 4, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #130 of 216
I'll be hitching a ride with @TSAVAlan. This'll be my first time in Arizona; I'm so excited!

And it'll give me a chance to catch up with @Barra too!

I'll likely bring:
  • LH Labs Pulse X Infinity DAC
  • LH Labs Linear Power Supply
  • Schiit Eitr
  • STAX SRM-252S
  • STAX SRM-353X BK
  • STAX SR-207 headphone
  • Focal Clear
  • Macbook as source, so feel free to bring your own digital music if you'd like

Sep 5, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #131 of 216
Hey! Evan here from Audeze. Looking forward to this event and meeting you all.

I will be bringing:

1x LCD2 Closed-Back
1x LCD-2C (Classic)
1x LCD-2
1x LCD-X
1x LCD-XC
1x LCD-3
1x LCD-MX4
1x LCD-4
1x LCD-4z

The Mobius in Copper - I might have this hooked up to a stationary demo. So if anyone else has a Mobius (Believe I saw someone post they'd be bringing their unit) great!

1x SINE DX

1x iSINE10 with and without the Cipher Cable
1x iSINE20 with and without the Cipher Cable
1x LCDi4 with and without the Cipher Cable

See you all soon!

Sep 5, 2018 at 9:31 PM Post #132 of 216
Hey! Evan here from Audeze. Looking forward to this event and meeting you all.

I will be bringing:

1x LCD2 Closed-Back
1x LCD-2C (Classic)
1x LCD-2
1x LCD-X
1x LCD-XC
1x LCD-3
1x LCD-MX4
1x LCD-4
1x LCD-4z

The Mobius in Copper - I might have this hooked up to a stationary demo. So if anyone else has a Mobius (Believe I saw someone post they'd be bringing their unit) great!

1x SINE DX

1x iSINE10 with and without the Cipher Cable
1x iSINE20 with and without the Cipher Cable
1x LCDi4 with and without the Cipher Cable

See you all soon!

I just received my shipping notification but i know atlesat one other whos gotten theirs in. ill bug him to bring them if mine dont come in time

Sep 8, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #133 of 216
TSAV, can you bring a Chord Dave? I'm dying to hear with my Abyss Phi w/new CC pads I'll be bringing... I'll bring my amp, but would like to try it with others.

Sep 8, 2018 at 3:55 AM Post #134 of 216
Mine came in today (Friday that is...):

i-v6sfRdH.jpg

LDAC is NICE...Guess I will bring my new Mobius too... LOL

Slight change on my STAX system, still bringing it - but will be just the components so will need to lay it all out on a table, there is just not enough room for me to bring the rack in the vehicle I'll be driving, even if I removed the passenger seat. I think I can just barely fit everything in the vehicle as is - being it's a sports car... LOL. Was absolutely planning on bringing my Nissan Frontier, but that's not going to happen with it being at the dealership with a 100% failed brake system waiting on a seemingly impossible to source actuator controller for nearly 3 months now....a little upset with Nissan at this point.

Oh, and the Argons have been in since Monday too... my initial impression is they are okay for music but still a little dissapointed with them (much prefer the M1060s, and I don't particularly like the M1060). But they are absolutely GREAT for gaming! Apparently I need different pads for the Mk3s though... ZMF protein instead of the lambskin... sigh...

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #135 of 216
TSAV, can you bring a Chord Dave? I'm dying to hear with my Abyss Phi w/new CC pads I'll be bringing... I'll bring my amp, but would like to try it with others.
Asked the boss, he is a little hesitant since it is a bit of a pricey item and we are open on that Saturday where the Dave is a pretty key piece in one of our setups. Reached out to the Chord distributor to see if they have a possible spare Dave they could loan out to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back