UPDATED: AIAIAI reveals new 2 new headphones - the "Capital" and "TMA-1 Studio"
Jan 12, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #61 of 106

Quote:
I couldn't find out any info from any CES sources anyways. I got some information from the co-founder of AiAiAi on comparing the two TMAs,which is pretty cool:

"Well I guess sound is always very subjective, from person to person... However we are very proud of the sound we have achieved in the TMA-I, so we do not aim at making it better, we just want to make it slightly different for TMA-I Studio. 
As you maybe know the TMA-I is developed to do the job for DJ's in their working environment, where it is required to deliver a certain kick at some freaquencies, whereas in the TMA-I Studio we aim to make the sound more even, and maybe slightly more nuanced.
So depending on your preferences....

Best regards

C  "

Also he said its scheduled for a Q2 release most likely in June.

Could you ask if they intend to keep the bass punch?

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #63 of 106
Coo

Jan 23, 2012 at 10:00 AM Post #65 of 106
They both looks really nice. the Capital feels like a day one buy for me at the moment!
I hope we get more info soon like release dates!

Jan 27, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #66 of 106
Man, I'm really dying for more info on these. I only got my TMA-1s last month, but I'm already excited at the prospect of the studios; my girlfriend is also pretty interested in the Capitals, for whatever reason.

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:56 AM Post #67 of 106
Had just received the pre-production Capital samples a couple of days ago.  In the process of burning it 
basshead.gif

Apr 4, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #68 of 106

Quote:
Had just received the pre-production Capital samples a couple of days ago.  In the process of burning it 
basshead.gif

Awsome! Pictures and thoughts are very appriciated :D

Apr 5, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #69 of 106
Wow. I didn't even know that a studio version of the TMA-1's was on the card. Circumaural TMA-1's? Count me in.

Apr 19, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #70 of 106
AIAIAI just announced on their facebook page that the Studios will be available in early June. I wish they would give a few more details (like price point), but at least that's something.

Edit: Actually, they just responded to my request and said the suggested retail price will be 229 euros. That's about 300 USD, or $25 above the suggested retail of the standard TMA-1.
Edit 2: Now whoever runs the AIAIAI facebook page says they will actually be $250 in the US.

Apr 30, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #71 of 106
A new video has been released, showing them at a show in russia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yNWJwq8TtM

Let me know your thoughts on what's shown! I love how soft and pliable the pads look, but I am hoping that there is more padding on the headband too, since the TMA-1's hurt my head after a little bit, and these have even larger cups than those.

May 1, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #73 of 106
Interesting...

Wonder what kind of material those pads are made of? Looks strange. I'd also be a little concerned about the headband padding, but who knows. Overall they look pretty cool. I'd like to try them out if I could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back