UPDATED: AIAIAI reveals new 2 new headphones - the "Capital" and "TMA-1 Studio"
Jan 7, 2012 at 12:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 106

BRSxIgnition

Headphoneus Supremus
 ​
 ​
Like quite a few of us had been hoping, it seems that AIAIAI has now unveiled their next headphones. These being full-size headphones, with a similar focus on durability, and quality as well as functionality - as they had with their TMA-1 on-ear headphones.​
 ​
No actual pictures of the headphones themselves have been shown, but as they were revealed in the Agenda trade show today, hopefully there will be some proper shots.​
 ​
UPDATE: 08/01/2012
They will be priced between the TMA-1 and the Tracks, retailing for 110 USD.
 ​
 ​
UPDATE: 07/01/2012
There's also another reason to be excited! After speaking with their customer service and marketting departments, I've found out that there will indeed be a studio version of the TMA-1 DJ headphones being unveiled on Monday!
 ​
UPDATE: 08/01/2012
The TMA-1 Studios will be revealed during CES tomorrow, and again at NAMM.
UPDATE: 24/05/2012
The TMA-1 Studios will be released on 06/12, and the Capitals will be released 06/27.
More info here.

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #4 of 106
they actually look pretty cool.

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #5 of 106
I think that on the one hand, they do look kind-of toy-ish, but on the other, the black colored one looks kind-of cool. I would have perfered more of something like a full-size TMA-1, but this seems interesting.

I wonder when people will upload actual in-person pictures of it..

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #7 of 106

Quote:
I think that on the one hand, they do look kind-of toy-ish, but on the other, the black colored one looks kind-of cool. I would have perfered more of something like a full-size TMA-1, but this seems interesting.

I wonder when people will upload actual in-person pictures of it..

Yeah, based off the renderings alone it could go either way. Hopefully the real thing looks better. Agree on the black though.

Jan 7, 2012 at 2:21 AM Post #9 of 106
When you say full size ( as in-not on ear), isn't that speculation?  The cups don't look to have the depth to be any thing but on ear.  Maybe I am looking at them all wrong, but they seem like on ears and fold-able (portable) as opposed to DJ (TMA-1).  I haven't seen any wording that suggest they are around ear, but maybe I missed something.

Jan 7, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #10 of 106

One thing that I have to say I just don't like is that it has two cords, instead of one.. Makes it feel cheap.

Really? I actually like dual entry. Too bad it doesn't look like the cable's removable though, that would be really handy.

When you say full size ( as in-not on ear), isn't that speculation?  The cups don't look to have the depth to be any thing but on ear.  Maybe I am looking at them all wrong, but they seem like on ears and fold-able (portable) as opposed to DJ (TMA-1).  I haven't seen any wording that suggest they are around ear, but maybe I missed something.

I was thinking the same thing actually, but nonetheless... They look like flat pads, don't they?

Jan 7, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #11 of 106

Quote:

The cups seem plenty deep to me - and the drivers are 40mm, so I'm assuming they're around ear. What were the TMA-1's again?

Either way, this might either be a huge hit, or a huge miss for me. On one hand, I like the fact that they look larger, but on the other hand, the two cables and the overall shape don't match up with that I would have wanted to see.

Jan 7, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #12 of 106
I like the look and materials.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back