UPDATED: AIAIAI reveals new 2 new headphones - the "Capital" and "TMA-1 Studio"
Jan 7, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #16 of 106
TMA-1 diver size = 40mm

Fools gold = yellow cable

Plenty of coloured 3.5 mm cables around.  I doubt that the 2000 limited editon will mean that they become collectors items.

I still think the TMA-1 is great portable headphone, but I would get the basic over the Fools Gold if it were my money.

Jan 7, 2012 at 2:49 AM Post #17 of 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernmac /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I doubt that the 2000 limited edition will mean that they become collectors items.

I still think the TMA-1 is great portable headphone, but I would get the basic over the Fools Gold if it were my money.

I would too, but the Fool's Gold has the lockable cables, as well as the straight cable included. If I were to buy the regular, then a straight cable on the side, it would come to the same price.

Jan 7, 2012 at 5:43 PM Post #21 of 106
Those are pretty damn good looking IMO. I hope they sound as good as they look..

Having hopes for the circumaural version of the TMA-1 as well.

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:16 AM Post #24 of 106
Yeah, ever since I learned that I have an earwax problem and can't use IEMs anymore, I've been keeping an eye out for a good possible portable headphone that is supra or circumaural and not too unwieldy or fragile to be stuffed in a satchel. Don't wanna spend a huge amount of money on it because I wouldn't actually use it that often, but it would be nice to have when wanted. I've always thought that Aiaiai's looked cool. Hopefully one of these would have a more balanced/flexible sound signature, but my gut feeling is that they will be quite colorful in one way or another.

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #26 of 106
My problem as well.

Quote:
Yeah, ever since I learned that I have an earwax problem and can't use IEMs anymore, I've been keeping an eye out for a good possible portable headphone that is supra or circumaural and not too unwieldy or fragile to be stuffed in a satchel. Don't wanna spend a huge amount of money on it because I wouldn't actually use it that often, but it would be nice to have when wanted. I've always thought that Aiaiai's looked cool. Hopefully one of these would have a more balanced/flexible sound signature, but my gut feeling is that they will be quite colorful in one way or another.

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #27 of 106

Quote:
My problem as well.

Yup. Kinda sucks. Isolation can be such a huge factor in sound quality in certain environments. What's worse is that I'm also a drummer, so I have to wear ear plugs not infrequently, which is now a double-edged sword. Protecting and exacerbating my ears at the same time. I'll have to try and get some of those "drummer" headphones eventually, even though they don't work as well.

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #28 of 106

Quote:

Yup. Kinda sucks. Isolation can be such a huge factor in sound quality in certain environments. What's worse is that I'm also a drummer, so I have to wear ear plugs not infrequently, which is now a double-edged sword. Protecting and exacerbating my ears at the same time. I'll have to try and get some of those "drummer" headphones eventually, even though they don't work as well.

Well, the TMA-1's were great at isolation and sound leakage.

Jan 8, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #29 of 106
I really don't get this folding mechanism.
looks like they flipped the pads somehow.
It looks wrong, because these pads are anchored to the headband with bolts

got it now, dammit i feel stupid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back