*UPDATE* REVIEW: 21 "Mainstream" portable amps. GoVibe MAGNUM added.
Mar 15, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #151 of 162
Check this:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f5/rev...o-pics-306721/

I'm waiting till the Diablo is burned in (or the sound plateaus), and everything should be good to go. Also waiting on some other cables to arrive. Nothing was in the mail today
frown.gif

Mar 15, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #152 of 162
I asked in another thread how the Diablo compares but now I see it needs more burn-in time so my question to this point is answered. :^)

Mar 16, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #153 of 162
Diablo and iQube have been added.

Don't forget to read ALL my impressions on the amps. This is how the thread/post is formatted:
  • The impressions of each amp.
  • Then the rankings on a cumulative level, although SQ based, it's not the sole reasoning, as you can find that out from most every review out there. With portables, I believe practicality plays a HUGE HUGE role.
  • After the rankings are the reasoning behind why they're sitting where they are, so if you want to find out why say, the TH is ranked 5th, you have to go to it's respective placing following the rankings. So when this is updated, you have to find where it is in the ranking to find out why I placed it where I did. I feel this keeps everything in perspective.

Apr 29, 2008 at 12:11 PM Post #154 of 162
Hi oicdn,

I would like to thank you deeply for this big, big review. It helped me very much to figure out which one would be the best bargain for my wallet capacity.
wink.gif

I really like your choice to take more than SQ alone in account to give an better overall of these products. That's the spirit I've been looking for.

Now I'm looking forward to get a Corda 2move (when I will have sold my portaphile to get some cash :p ). It has been a long time that I'm peering at Doc's products.

Be sure that you have my full support.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you again.

Adrien

Apr 29, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #155 of 162
^ No biggie. I think the SQ aspect should be important, but not the sole focus...I mean, it's a portable amp right, shouldn't ergonomics and price be taken into account? Much like anything else, I don't think you need to spend $500 on a portable amp, when the rest of your set-up only costs 1/3 of that...SQ isn't always the end all.

I'm getting the latest Diablo in the mail here shortly. Apparently, this one is what's currently being offered when somebody buys one. The review will be updated to reflect such when it arrives and is burned-in.

May 10, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #156 of 162
Added the GoVibe Magnum USB DAC/AMP....very surprising little beast.

May 11, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #157 of 162
Wait! I can't find the review of those sexy legs.

May 11, 2008 at 11:43 AM Post #158 of 162
lol

May 11, 2008 at 9:03 PM Post #160 of 162
Quote:

Originally Posted by funniecow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
please do a review on the minibox e+ and a min3 =D

If I can get my hands on them, I would
biggrin.gif

Nov 25, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #161 of 162
Oicdn,
Thanks so much for a very good review.
I've just got Govibe magnum and enjoy it very much with SR80i and Portapro 25th Ani.
What would be worth for the next upgrade? Should i get better headphones or amp/dac for classical, female vocal, jazz and a bit of pop/rock.

_garusg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back