UPDATE! CAPACITY RAISE! - SF meet Saturday Nov. 7th - We have a venue and date! It's really happening! CAPACITY RAISE!! WE CAN TAKE 20 MORE PEOPLE!
Oct 24, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #196 of 329
  I would most definitely suggest to compare the Mojo to the Geek Out v2. Here is the link, so I don't get to far off topic. 
But it looks like nobody is bringing one, right?

The Geek Out v2 is another DAC on my list to try. I hope someone can bring one to the meet. Thanks for the suggestion.

I'll have to dig out my GO450 and give it another listen. I'll probably bring it along to the meet as well.

Oct 24, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #197 of 329
I would love to compare the Mojo against the Continental Dual Mono.  I'm trying to decide between these two DAC/AMP combos. It would be great if we had one of these on hand for the meet.  

Oct 24, 2015 at 11:09 AM Post #198 of 329
I have a Cypher Labs Solo -db paired with an ALO Rx MK3-B.  I'd be willing to toss it into the mojo comparison.  The rig together retails for more than twice the mojo.  I can't make it, but if any longtime high feedback members or buddies are passing through Vacaville or Fairfield, I could loan it.  I'd need it back soonish, and the ALO is currently my main amp running from my Dac-19 until the Cavalli LQ ships, or I cave and buy a Lyr2 or and Audio-GD NFB-1Amp....  Anyway, PM me if interested.  Heck, I guess there is always USPS or UPS if one of the tagged members below are interested.  Shoot me a PM.  I might hang a FS sign on it as well - need something new...

Tags: @dusk @jazzfan @DecentLevi 

Oct 24, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #199 of 329
Doesn't Massdrop already have a lot of headphone stuff in house? I think most of the stuff I have, Massdrop has already run as a drop so they should have a sample product. 

Only thing I got to really offer to show off is a plain geek pulse.

Anyways really looking forward to this event. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put in. 
L3000.gif

Oct 24, 2015 at 3:38 PM Post #200 of 329
Looks like we'll be able to do shootouts between Bifrost Uber, Geek Pulse, Gungnir Multibit, the Mojo (if it's brought), etc. Would you guys also be interested in the Yggy?

@Packdemon, it looks like the Vacaville area is on the way to SF from your neck of the woods, so go ahead and contact @aamefford if you're interested to pick up some of his gear to demo (see above).

In terms of how much gear Massdrop has in house for us to try, they did mention they have some (still unnamed) unreleased prototypes they can easily move over into the conf. rooms for us, and I'm trying to get them to give us a hint on what that might be.

What about the timing - would any of you be down for a 7th hour, or would 6 seem enough? 

Oct 24, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #201 of 329
Looks like we'll be able to do shootouts between Bifrost Uber, Geek Pulse, Gungnir Multibit, the Mojo (if it's brought), etc. Would you guys also be interested in the Yggy?

@Packdemon
, it looks like the Vacaville area is on the way to SF from your neck of the woods, so go ahead and contact @aamefford
 if you're interested to pick up some of his gear to demo (see above).

In terms of how much gear Massdrop has in house for us to try, they did mention they have some (still unnamed) unreleased prototypes they can easily move over into the conf. rooms for us, and I'm trying to get them to give us a hint on what that might be.

What about the timing - would any of you be down for a 7th hour, or would 6 seem enough? 
I already contacted him, and he agreed to do a handoff so long as I remind him :)

Oct 25, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #203 of 329
I'm hoping we can test out the Massdrop x Grace collab, the M9XX. Looks like a sick product!

Oct 25, 2015 at 4:51 PM Post #204 of 329
Man... I sure wish Sennheiser would show up with the new HD800s.

Oct 25, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #206 of 329
Man... I sure wish Sennheiser would show up with the new HD800s.

...and that marble box too.
At that point we might as well have our own convention and start charging people for entry :D Massdrop wouldn't have a problem hosting us more often at that point either

Oct 25, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #208 of 329
Reconfirming that I'm still planning on attending. 

The only problem is that I'm not comfortable driving in SF. Is there a BART station or something in the east bay that I can drive to and it'll take me to/back?

Oct 25, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #209 of 329
@JustinBieber
... About parking: this is in the financial district of downtown SF, so we will need to arrange our own parking. The best lot I was able to find is SP Plus Parking System on 191 Battery St., 1 1/2 blocks from the event @ $15 for the whole Saturday. More parking options can be found here. I would encourage many of us to work together to arrange a carpool; or you can also take Bart to the Embarcadero station 4 blocks away...

While I'm unfamiliar with the east bay, I'm very sure you can find a "park & ride" at a Bart station on Google Maps, which also has transit directions. You can even post here for a carpool request.

Excellent example to confirm you are attending. Likewise, if anybody plans to cancel, please let us know if anything changes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back