UPDATE! CAPACITY RAISE! - SF meet Saturday Nov. 7th - We have a venue and date! It's really happening! CAPACITY RAISE!! WE CAN TAKE 20 MORE PEOPLE!
Oct 20, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #106 of 329
  So guys, as much as this hurts me to say it - here's the scoop:

Massdrop still hasn't confirmed the meet yet, so - there's always tomorrow 
triportsad.gif
 . I've already contacted them every day, so please let's give them a chance.

The library location is booked through the rest of the year, so it looks like that would be it. I genuinely would like to thank all of you for your patience. I'm probably the one most frustrated. 

But we'd be giving them free publicity with this idea:
Our key reasoning with massdrop was that it'd be free publicity for them, so let's dedicate a head-if thread to whatever this prototype audio product is and all list our impressions there once we get the okay from massdrop to do so.

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #107 of 329
OK folks you may wanna take off your headphones, or at least take notes... 
wink.gif

dt880smile.png
 ANNOUNCING SF MEET FALL 2015 
gs1000.gif

​
   100 Bush Street STE 1000, San Francisco CA, 94104
map link
 ​
DATE: Saturday Nov. 7th 
 ​
TIME: 10am - 4pm
 ​

IT'S OFFICIAL AND 100% CONFIRMED!

DON'T MISS THIS ULTRA-RARE CHANCE: 
UNIQUE AND AWESOME GEAR, UNIQUE FOLKS!

​

Maximum Capacity: 40 people. This includes one main boardroom for 15-20 people, and another nearby room for 20 or so people.

About parking: this is in the financial district of downtown SF, so we will need to arrange our own parking. The best lot I was able to find is SP Plus Parking System on 191 Battery St., 1 1/2 blocks from the event @ $15 for the whole Saturday. More parking options can be found here. I would encourage many of us to work together to arrange a carpool; or you can also take Bart to the Embarcadero station 4 blocks away.

Food: there has been talk of free pizza provided, but this will be re-confirmed later.

Setup: This is a 'local' Head-Fi meet so the atmosphere is casual, so technically you can show up anytime, however it would be helpful / appreciated if you make an effort to show up on time to set-up your gear (or even maybe 20 min. early).

I would now like to ask like each of you to post a reply here to confirm if you will be coming for sure, and to list the gear that you will be bringing (if you haven't already do so), and if you will be bringing anyone. This will allow us to get a head-count and make a 'working list' of the gear that will be present.

PS - a big thanks is owed to @dusk, without whom this wouldn't have been possible.
Also if any of you has an idea for an after-party or dinner feel free to arrange it here.

Oct 20, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #108 of 329
I'll add this to the front page and add the names to the list, as well.

Oct 20, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #109 of 329
Everyone confirm below if you are are for sure going, and the gear you'll be bringing.

Oct 20, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #111 of 329
I'm in and I'll probably be bringing +4 along. Here's the inventory that I can bring:

DACs/amps:

1. JDSLabs Element
  2. CEntrance DACport (1 ohm output impedance mod version)
  3. CEntrance DACport LX (1 ohm output impedance mod version)
  4. CEntrance DACport Slim
  5. 2 aesthetically modified O2+ODACs RevB

Headphones:

1. Custom T1 Pro Headset (dampened) (http://www.head-fi.org/t/784337)
  2. 2 Custom 600 ohm DT770 Pro Headsets (http://www.head-fi.org/t/638028/beyerdynamic-custom-one-pro-thread/30#post_11700843)
  3. A vintage Sennheiser HD424 with beyerdynamic leather headband and silver velour earpads
  4. An Audio-Technica m50 modded with detachable cable, shrunken ovaled out silver beyerdynamic earpads, beyerdynamic HS800 leather aviator headband, and dampening removed.

Other Inventory and Accessories (only if you guys are interested, otherwise I might not bring them):

1. CEntrance MicPort Pro
  2. CEntrance AxePort Pro
  3. Beyerdynamic nylon headphone carrying case
  4. 3 Beyerdynamic COP Headset Gear Custom One Pro Microphone Cables
  5. A lacquered wooden omega shaped headphone stand that I personally gave a two tone finish
  6. Brainwaves acrylic omega headphone stand
  7. Copper Colour silver aluminum headphone stand
  8. Just Mobile silver and black headphone stands
  9. Audio-Technica ATH-ANC33iS & ATH-ANC23 & Browning HDR Hearing Protector  

Just message me if you have a request for me to bring one of those accessories and extras if you're interested. Also if you need any types of adapters, then I'm your guy! Just message me letting me know what kind of adapter you need to be able to adapt, so you can use otherwise unusable products at the meetup, and I'll let you know if I have and can bring one.

Oct 20, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #112 of 329
Can definitely make it. I'm not sure what I'll bring as I've loaned stuff out recently but I can probably bring the Koss ESP950's and the Ocharaku Kaede's if anyone is interested in taking a listen to either of those. Thanks!

Oct 20, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #113 of 329
I am in! I will bring (I don't have much yet):

Headphones:

- MR. Speakers Alpha Dog
- Philips SHP9500
- Koss ksc75
- Koss PortaPros 

DACs/amps:

- Centrance DACPort Slim
- Schiit Fulla
- iBasso DX90

Users who are viewing this thread