UPDATE! CAPACITY RAISE! - SF meet Saturday Nov. 7th - We have a venue and date! It's really happening! CAPACITY RAISE!! WE CAN TAKE 20 MORE PEOPLE!
Oct 18, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #92 of 329
This room has a capacity for 40 people and comes with 8 long tables as well as plenty of outlets and even speakers for presentations. I think that for a future meet this might be a good option for a room. If anyone has a good date for a future Bay Area local meet please tell notify me, I was thinking February might be good month to do another one.

Oct 18, 2015 at 2:34 PM Post #94 of 329
Hello, that's OK even if some of us come without gear. Just come to see what you can learn / experience with the hobby from tying equipment and meeting folks.

Also the photos that @Fidelity King shared above were a meeting room in his school library. We can use this for a future meet, or as a backup just in case that offer from Massdrop isn't confirmed. We're still planning to have the meet on a weekend 2-3 weeks from now.

Oct 18, 2015 at 4:39 PM Post #95 of 329
  CHOICE OF DAY
Either Saturday or Sunday will work.
I have no 

GEAR I'M BRINGING
I'm poor, gear-deprived and have only my HD 25-1 ii's and SR 225's to offer.

You're not gear deprived; you're bringing something in the on-the-ear of which no one else had anything to offer. I would actually really enjoy hearing your HD 25-1 II.

Oct 19, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #99 of 329
Just joining this thread, I'd love to attend this event! I don't usually plan out my weekends super far in advance so I'm very flexible with the meetup time, and I'm based in downtown SF so getting around the city should be no issue. Here's what I can bring: 

Hifiman HE-500
Apogee Duet 2 (using as my DAC)
Garage 1217 Polaris amp

Looking forward to meeting people and trying some cool equipment!

Oct 19, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #100 of 329
Hello @rosenjazz and welcome to what I believe will be a landmark local Head-Fi meet in terms of unique gear offerings... many one-of-a-kind home modded headphone creations, possibly homemade amps, and unreleased prototype gear from Massdrop - that is, if they confirm the meet... and I'm expecting this to happen withing the next few hours. And we have a backup place if not. So everybody keep your fingers crossed, good luck charms on, and wait for "the final countdown"! 
beyersmile.png

PS- did I mention it's free?

Oct 19, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #101 of 329
Our key reasoning with massdrop was that it'd be free publicity for them, so let's dedicate a head-if thread to whatever this prototype audio product is and all list our impressions there once we get the okay from massdrop to do so.

Oct 20, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #105 of 329
So guys, as much as this hurts me to say it - here's the scoop:

Massdrop still hasn't confirmed the meet yet, so - there's always tomorrow 
triportsad.gif
 . I've already contacted them every day, so please let's give them a chance.

The library location is booked through the rest of the year, so it looks like that would be it. I genuinely would like to thank all of you for your patience. I'm probably the one most frustrated. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back