UPDATE! CAPACITY RAISE! - SF meet Saturday Nov. 7th - We have a venue and date! It's really happening! CAPACITY RAISE!! WE CAN TAKE 20 MORE PEOPLE!
Oct 16, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #61 of 329
My gear:
Sony UDA-1
Oppo HA-1
creative E5
AKG K7XX
AKG K812

I'm in for yggy >> kgsshv >> sr-009. I can also bring my modded hd-800s (rug liner) and hd-650s (marvey mod) if there's interest.

I'd love to do a comparison of the 009's and 007's if anybody has a pair of 007s. 

OMG - so much mesmerizingly great gear - this is suffocating me with anticipation to find a place so we can make this happen!

Oct 16, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #62 of 329
Fellas I think I've manged to find a place for the event. I may be able to have my main library host, The maximum capacity however is 40 people and noise levels must remain on the lower side. I'll call the library right now to see if I'd be allowed to host this type of event and tomarow I'll go check out the room. This may be our last good option as the library doesn't charge us for using the room. I'll have you guys notified later today and no later than tommarow. My goal is to have the event held within the next two weeks. 

Oct 16, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #63 of 329

OMG - so much mesmerizingly great gear - this is suffocating me with anticipation to find a place so we can make this happen!

Is the massdrop office no good then?

Oct 16, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #64 of 329
They said they will make a decision and respond today, and I'm still waiting for any answer  
triportsad.gif

Oct 16, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #66 of 329
  They said they will make a decision and respond today, and I'm still waiting for any answer  
triportsad.gif

Out of curiosity, was @HideousPride the one to be able to talk with Massdrop about possibly getting us the room? I'm fairly familiar with seeing him both active here and on massdrop, and I thought that it was pretty awesome of him to be able to do that for us.

Oct 16, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #70 of 329
Well yes I was thinking Nov. 7th could be the best - give the chance for the word to spread a little more about this, thereby increasing the odds that we would have more gear to try. The Saturday before that is Halloween so many of you may be busy that day. And I think I can speak for (most of) us all that a Saturday would be the best day for the meet, right? Because most of us work weekdays, and I think some of us go to church on Sundays.

Unless would most of you prefer Sunday? And not be busy on Haloween?

Actually @HideousPride told me he left Massdrop last month to focus on his own business - and I think it's better that I would keep my contact on the down-low for now for their confidentiality.

Oh however the above user did mention that parking space at Massdrop is very limited. If so, I think this may be an issue for most of you, as you would need to use your car to transport your semi-heavy equipment, right?

Oct 16, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #71 of 329
Also a couple more details about the possibility of Massdrop hosting us:
It's downtown SF, so would that be OK for most of you?

And on the plus side, they said they would be able to let us try some unreleased collaboration prototype gear and probably free pizza.

Oct 16, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #72 of 329
 Well yes I was thinking Nov. 7th could be the best - give the chance for the word to spread a little more about this, thereby increasing the odds that we would have more gear to try. The Saturday before that is Halloween so many of you may be busy that day. And I think I can speak for (most of) us all that a Saturday would be the best day for the meet, right? Because most of us work weekdays, and I think some of us go to church on Sundays.

I agree.

Unless would most of you prefer Sunday? And not be busy on Haloween?

Given my first response this is redundant, but... no and no.

Actually @HideousPride told me he left Massdrop last month to focus on his own business - and I think it's better that I would keep my contact on the down-low for now for their confidentiality.

I see. And my apologies. It should have occurred to me that since you were announcing on their behalf that they wished to remain anonymous. I feel stupid now.

Oh however the above user did mention that parking space at Massdrop is very limited. If so, I think this may be an issue for most of you, as you would need to use your car to transport your semi-heavy equipment, right?

I'm actually fine with parking a few blocks away if necessary.

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #73 of 329
Unfortunately Nov weekends for me are all booked. Sounds like a lot of fun!

BTW, Audio High in Mountain View is hosting a visit by Rob Watts from Chord next Thurs 10/22 4-8 PM. They will have all the Chord gear for demo including the new Mojo:

http://www.audiohigh.com/the-resolution-revolution/

Perhaps Audio High can be persuaded to host the meet.

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #74 of 329
  Also a couple more details about the possibility of Massdrop hosting us:
It's downtown SF, so would that be OK for most of you?

And on the plus side, they said they would be able to let us try some unreleased collaboration prototype gear and probably free pizza.

Downtown works for me... and if it is, I'd suggest Sunday.  Parking is much easier and cheaper on Sundays.

Oct 16, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #75 of 329
I just got word from an insider at Massdrop that it looks like they will be able to host the event. They said more details will hopefully be sent on Monday. 

Well that's two people that wanted Sunday. I have no problem with Sundays. What about you folks - anybody usually busy that day? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back