UPDATE! CAPACITY RAISE! - SF meet Saturday Nov. 7th - We have a venue and date! It's really happening! CAPACITY RAISE!! WE CAN TAKE 20 MORE PEOPLE!
Oct 14, 2015 at 2:02 AM Post #31 of 329
Down to come and can bring a couple things if we need some goodies to try. I'm located in South Bay, so anything in the area would work well for me.

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:49 AM Post #32 of 329
I will try to make it. I can bring LCD X, Zana Duex SE, Q1PR etc.. No promise as I might be traveling out of CA in Nov, but since date is not fix yet,  I still have chance of making it.

Have anyone try the public library meeting rooms? they cost $35 for 4 hrs.

Oct 14, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #37 of 329
  Wow the Zana Deux, IMO the 2nd best amp ever made - the stuff of audiophile dreams! I'd love to try that again and the LCD-X. Waiting for good news later this week hopefully! And anyone for any other ideas about "how to explain a Head-Fi meet to an outsider"?

Don't use the word "audiophile". Ever. Just say it's a bunch of people getting together to listen to music on really nice hifi stereo equipment.

Oct 14, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #39 of 329
It's really a matter of individual preference whether one consider's themself to be an audiophile or not. I for one am, but I think what you're trying to say is to not call the group audiophiles as a whole, right?

For any of you that haven't been to a 'local' Head-Fi meet, basically what this means is that we are only an assortment of individual members, thus there are no official exhibitors so the more of your favorite headphones, DAC's, DAP's, amps, etc. each of us can bring, the better! And it doesn't have to be the TOTL expensive stuff to be good.

That would be marvelous if we can find a place for this meet by the end of this week - maybe make it a competition. Work that grapevine and you may just be surprised at what you can find through a friend of a friend - but for me, I'm still somewhat new to Calif. I'm sure we'll all be happy for any news on this! 
gs1000.gif

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #42 of 329
Sign me up! I'm down to meet up in any part of the bay area. As for the inventory that I can bring:

DACs/amps:

1. JDSLabs Element
  2. CEntrance DACport (1 ohm output impedance mod version)
  3. CEntrance DACport LX (1 ohm output impedance mod version)
  4. CEntrance DACport Slim
  5. 2 aesthetically modified O2+ODACs RevB

Headphones:

1. Custom T1 Pro Headset (dampened) (http://www.head-fi.org/t/784337)
  2. 2 Custom 600 ohm DT770 Pro Headsets (http://www.head-fi.org/t/638028/beyerdynamic-custom-one-pro-thread/30#post_11700843)
  3. A vintage Sennheiser HD424 with beyerdynamic leather headband and silver velour earpads
  4. An Audio-Technica m50 modded with detachable cable, shrunken ovaled out silver beyerdynamic earpads, beyerdynamic HS800 leather aviator headband, and dampening removed.

Other Inventory and Accessories (only if you guys are interested, otherwise I might not bring them):

1. Beyerdynamic nylon headphone carrying case
  2. CEntrance MicPort Pro and AxePort Pro
  3. Beyerdynamic COP Headset Gear Custom One Pro Microphone Cable
  4. A lacquered wooden omega shaped headphone stand that I personally gave a two tone finish

Just message me if you have a request for me to bring one of those accessories if you're interested. Also if you need any types of adapters, then I'm your guy! Just message me letting me know what kind of adapter you need to be able to adapt, so you can use otherwise unusable products at the meetup, and I'll let you know if I have and can bring one.

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #43 of 329
I'm really interested in hearing a Beyerdynamic DT-1350 and T51i, and Sennheiser HD25-1 II and on-ear Momentum 2.0 comparison. I really want to know how some of the best and best valued on-ears fair against each other. Since the DACs/amps are fairly mid tier I'd be very interested in hearing how some of the higher end ones sound. I'd also be pretty much be interested in trying out any high end headphones either again or for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back