Upcoming Ultrasone edition 11 and pro 1480i
Mar 21, 2022 at 5:38 AM Post #121 of 164
Wow amazing comparison thanks. I’m shocked that the Edition 11 has more mid bass punch. Now I really want to hear these. I wish they made a closed back version. I really love my edition 15.
The Bass was at the beginning not so powerful, but after around 80 hours he get that slam and impact. Both are by no means Bass-Heavy Headphones.
Overall the ED11 is more neutral than the Celestee.

May 6, 2022 at 4:52 PM Post #125 of 164
How the 11 compares to 15 in terms of soundstage and overall sound quality? How is bass quantity and quality? Is midrange such natural and clear like in 15?
I find the 15 to be overpriced. The Edition 11 is much more musical adn focused on enjoyment rather than trying to be analytical. Soundstage is defs larger on the Edition 11 in depth, width and height and imaging is very precise, though you will have to adjust to how the Edition 11 presents music to you as it feels very different to other headphones. The low end quality is very good to, it's not as fast as the 15 but more enjoyable, lush and full. It still is quick but it takes a more musical/natural approach. Drums, bass guitar and male vocals sound very good here and I prefer it over the 15 even though male vocals arent as forward as the 15, they still are very clear and full of emotion. The Edition 11 is not trying to be flat/neutral. If you go in thinking for flat/neutral tuning, you'll be disapointed. But they are different, and different in a amazing way while the tuning is very nicely balanced. They are a mild U shape signature, slighy enhanced low end, lower mids that are pulled back, high mids with a touch of energy and treble with great extension.

May 6, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #126 of 164
I find the 15 to be overpriced. The Edition 11 is much more musical adn focused on enjoyment rather than trying to be analytical. Soundstage is defs larger on the Edition 11 in depth, width and height and imaging is very precise, though you will have to adjust to how the Edition 11 presents music to you as it feels very different to other headphones. The low end quality is very good to, it's not as fast as the 15 but more enjoyable, lush and full. It still is quick but it takes a more musical/natural approach. Drums, bass guitar and male vocals sound very good here and I prefer it over the 15 even though male vocals arent as forward as the 15, they still are very clear and full of emotion. The Edition 11 is not trying to be flat/neutral. If you go in thinking for flat/neutral tuning, you'll be disapointed. But they are different, and different in a amazing way while the tuning is very nicely balanced. They are a mild U shape signature, slighy enhanced low end, lower mids that are pulled back, high mids with a touch of energy and treble with great extension.
Thank You for Your response. I have listen Edition 15 for 5 days and always heard bad opinions about Ultrasone. My friend told me to listen to them and I loved them. Never heard soundstage like that. First cans wich had that speaker like soundstage. But... They are reaaaally pricey...I would never think that I will love Ultrasone coz whole my life I thought they are garbage.

So I wonder if the soundstage presentation on 11 is same or nearly the same like in 15? They are not perfect headphones and I had to EQ them. They dont sound like 3000 euro cans but that soundstage made me love them from first sight. But if there any chance that I will have almost the same enjoyment of music (I am not talking about detail and analitical aspects becouse I heard a lot of better Cans in this regard) with that great soundstage.

I have one chance to make a decision. I need to let go 15 and tell in my lokal store that I nwat to demo eleven, but if I do that I will not have a chance to get 15. Thats why I am asking for opinion :) So 15 is not worth the price ? It is better to get eleven right?

May 7, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #127 of 164
Thank You for Your response. I have listen Edition 15 for 5 days and always heard bad opinions about Ultrasone. My friend told me to listen to them and I loved them. Never heard soundstage like that. First cans wich had that speaker like soundstage. But... They are reaaaally pricey...I would never think that I will love Ultrasone coz whole my life I thought they are garbage.

So I wonder if the soundstage presentation on 11 is same or nearly the same like in 15? They are not perfect headphones and I had to EQ them. They dont sound like 3000 euro cans but that soundstage made me love them from first sight. But if there any chance that I will have almost the same enjoyment of music (I am not talking about detail and analitical aspects becouse I heard a lot of better Cans in this regard) with that great soundstage.

I have one chance to make a decision. I need to let go 15 and tell in my lokal store that I nwat to demo eleven, but if I do that I will not have a chance to get 15. Thats why I am asking for opinion :) So 15 is not worth the price ? It is better to get eleven right?
When you need an EQ on a 3.000 Euro Headphone, you can better use a '‘only'‘ 1.000 Euro HP and use EQ too.
The Soundstage on the ED11 is unmatched.

I don‘t think the ED15 is 3 times better than the ED11. I‘m pretty sure that the Soundstage on the ED11 is larger or even on the same level and no drawback.

The ED11 is very energetic and definitely not for laid back listening. He is great for Live Music.

Personally I would‘nt buy a 3.000€ HP that I must use with an EQ. Meanwhile I use the ED11 without any EQ or stuff like that.

When You think the sound is not worth 3K and it‘s mostly for the soundstage, than you should test the ED11.

Which Amp/DAC are you using?

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #128 of 164
When you need an EQ on a 3.000 Euro Headphone, you can better use a '‘only'‘ 1.000 Euro HP and use EQ too.
The Soundstage on the ED11 is unmatched.

I don‘t think the ED15 is 3 times better than the ED11. I‘m pretty sure that the Soundstage on the ED11 is larger or even on the same level and no drawback.

The ED11 is very energetic and definitely not for laid back listening. He is great for Live Music.

Personally I would‘nt buy a 3.000€ HP that I must use with an EQ. Meanwhile I use the ED11 without any EQ or stuff like that.

When You think the sound is not worth 3K and it‘s mostly for the soundstage, than you should test the ED11.

Which Amp/DAC are you using?
The only headphones which I used without EQ is Heddphone One. But still I liked them more when add some subbass. So EQ is not a problem for me.

Problem is that EQ can’t change every aspect of soundstage. Shape of pads, driver distance, material used, reverb, dechy etc. This can’t be changed with EQ only.

Edition 15 is my choice because of soundstage and sound enjoyment. If eleven has the same or even greater soundstage I Don’t need 15 for 3 the price because the soundstage is the almost the only reason I would buy it :wink: but I have never Heard soundstage like that in any other cans and I have tested a lot of them.

So Thank You very much for saving me so much money :)

PS: I am using RME Adi 2 DAC as a amp/dac combo

May 7, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #129 of 164

15 is a no go for me. I liked them, but just wayyyyy to overpriced. Take off $2000 or $3000 off that price tag and maybe, I truly mean maybe I'd get them. The Edition 11 though, no hesitation. Instant buy from me. If you are looking for musicality and soundstage, the Edition 11 is the one. Much larger soundstage and more musical than Edition 15. Simply to say, I'd take HD800s, Arya/Arya Stealth, Ananda and a Sash Tres over the Edition 15. It just doesnt impress me enough to justify the price. But the Edition 11 is a whole different story, if I had the HD800s, Arya/Arya Stealth, Ananda, and Sash Tres. It would be much harder to choose which but I'd go for the Edition 11 or Sash Tres

Last edited:
May 7, 2022 at 2:17 PM Post #130 of 164
15 is a no go for me. I liked them, but just wayyyyy to overpriced. Take off $2000 or $3000 off that price tag and maybe, I truly mean maybe I'd get them. The Edition 11 though, no hesitation. Instant buy from me. If you are looking for musicality and soundstage, the Edition 11 is the one. Much larger soundstage and more musical than Edition 15. Simply to say, I'd take HD800s, Arya/Arya Stealth, Ananda and a Sash Tres over the Edition 15. It just doesnt impress me enough to justify the price. But the Edition 11 is a whole different story, if I had the HD800s, Arya/Arya Stealth, Ananda, and Sash Tres. It would be much harder to choose which but I'd go for the Edition 11 or Sash Tres
Thanks. Interesting. I would take Edition 15 over HD800s and would think about getting them over Arya :wink: If Arya and Edition 15 would cost the same I will take 15 without hesitation.

My fovorite pair is Hedd Heddphone One but they are so heavy that I had to make a pass :frowning2:

I would never thought that I will love musical headphones more than more technical and analityczka cans… but when I Heard Ultrasone 15 I was blown away… it was first time I Heard cans that have that speakers like presentation. And first time I was listening to music as a whole. This soundstage and musicality was outstanding. And It didn’t even bother me that they lack of detail and technical abilities like Arya or Hedd or LCD-x coz I was really enjoying music with 15 so much.

That said, If eleven are on pair in musicality, soundstage and overal enjoyment I will give them a try. Thanks !

May 7, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #131 of 164
Thanks. Interesting. I would take Edition 15 over HD800s and would think about getting them over Arya :wink: If Arya and Edition 15 would cost the same I will take 15 without hesitation.

My fovorite pair is Hedd Heddphone One but they are so heavy that I had to make a pass :frowning2:

I would never thought that I will love musical headphones more than more technical and analityczka cans… but when I Heard Ultrasone 15 I was blown away… it was first time I Heard cans that have that speakers like presentation. And first time I was listening to music as a whole. This soundstage and musicality was outstanding. And It didn’t even bother me that they lack of detail and technical abilities like Arya or Hedd or LCD-x coz I was really enjoying music with 15 so much.

That said, If eleven are on pair in musicality, soundstage and overal enjoyment I will give them a try. Thanks !
Give it a go and tell us what you think 😁

May 23, 2022 at 7:00 PM Post #132 of 164
Just popping in to give some cable advice. I went through probably 10 or so different cables and ended up liking the following cable the most:

Black 99% Pure PCOCC Earphone Cable For 0.78mm

I don't claim these are perfect, but they are audibly better than anything else I could find. Compared to the rest of my cables they offer a more realistic sound stage, better layering, and a more neutral performance vs stock. Most other cables had a much flatter stage and lacked the X factor that this cable provided.

As good as the cable is, it is a hint on the lean side. This can be fixed by cutting off the TRS connector and soldering on this instead:

Amphenol K-Series 3.5mm

This makes the ED 11's completely neutral and further improves the sound. I can't speak to a balanced setup though as I use single ended for almost everything. They do sell this cable balanced, but not sure if the TRRS connector will have the same slightly lean sound as the TRS.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #133 of 164
Anyone here ever listen to the Denon AH-D9200? Curious how they compare to the Edition 11.

Jul 18, 2022 at 11:34 PM Post #134 of 164
Give it a go and tell us what you think 😁

@HardstyleLoco96 96 - Finally got a chance to buy a pair of these for myself. Can't wait to hear them... I know you are their biggest fan. I've been wanting to try the Edition 11 for a very long time but they hardly ever show up in the forums, super rare.

I am a huge fan of the Edition 8, one of my very favorite headphones ever and I own both the 8 and 8 EX. They are amazing headphones. I love Ultrasone and the S logic. Your love and appreciation for the 11 seems to mirror my own for my 8's.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back