Upcoming: Hockey Playoffs
May 9, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #286 of 472
I can't wait too.  It'll be a good game, hopefully the Canucks can put up a fight.  The Canucks defense is sorely lacking and is being exploited by the Hawks speed.  Luongo's inconsistency is being brought to the front again and Big Byff has gotten into his head like he did last year.  Luongo needs to toughen up mentally and ignore him otherwise the Canucks should start booking tee times next week.

May 9, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #287 of 472
Luongo is looking good right now.  Niemi should have gotten to the first goal, his glove his whiffed at the puck.  The Hawks made some dumb plays, like Versteeg icing the puck that lead to the first goal.  Salo kneeling over at the end of the first isn't good.  The Cancks are already thin on D, hopefully the man of glass isn't hurt and just winded from the shot he took to the gut.

May 9, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #289 of 472
Hawks made some bad mistakes tonight. Just one more game and it's a wrap! Tuesday is the day. 

May 10, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #290 of 472
Agreed, the Hawks made some bad mistakes and their energy level didn't match the Canucks.  I think the game came down to the hungrier team won last night.  Luongo was "on" and didn't play sloppy.  I wonder if Salo is going to be out any significant amount of time.  With the Canucks so thin on D already, it would be a big blow if he couldn't play.

May 10, 2010 at 2:32 PM Post #291 of 472

Quote:
Agreed, the Hawks made some bad mistakes and their energy level didn't match the Canucks.  I think the game came down to the hungrier team won last night.  Luongo was "on" and didn't play sloppy.  I wonder if Salo is going to be out any significant amount of time.  With the Canucks so thin on D already, it would be a big blow if he couldn't play.

probably. He's out with suspected ruptured testicle. ouchhhhhhhh

http://www.theprovince.com/health/Canuck+Sami+Salo+with+suspected+testicle+injury/3007083/story.html

May 10, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #292 of 472
Ouch, that just sounds so painful!   that man had balls to stand up to Duncan Keith's slapshot... but maybe thats what cost him one...  Hopefully its not that and he can suit up.  They have Rome ready to step in but Salo chews up big minutes on D.

May 11, 2010 at 2:03 AM Post #296 of 472
My Hawks need to win tomorrow, or else it's just going to be nerve racking watching game 6.

May 11, 2010 at 9:40 AM Post #298 of 472
Montreal made an amazing come back to force game 7!  Solid goaltending from Halak, good defense and a few timely goals.  They're playing desparate hockey and they're pretty good doing it. 

The Bruins looked tired last night and the Flyers took advantage of that.  The Flyers were hellbent on getting to the net and getting lots of shots on goal.  It worked, but I'm not sure if they can do it 2 more games and take the series.  Its still in Boston's favor but they have to play a lot better than yesterday.

Tonights Hawks and Canucks game will be good.  I don't expect to see the game 5 Hawks so the Canucks will have a challenege.  If  the D in front of Luongo can give him some space, they'll have a chance but if the Hawks crash the net and get in his head, it might be a stinker.  I'm excited to see how both teams start off this game tonight.

May 11, 2010 at 10:06 PM Post #299 of 472
I'll have to admit that save by Luongo was amazing. I was sure it was a goal. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back