Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Jan 6, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #991 of 1,751

Here is my X10 Tomtop story. :) 
Ordered 2016-12-14 for the $115 price. Order was "Processing" a few days and went on to "On Hold". Sent an email a few days ago and asked when they expected to deliver. They first said that is already was delivered to me and asked me to confirm. I told them that I didn't received anything and that the order was "On Hold". They replied that the SKU was out of stock but they expected more units soon, and they asked if I would wait some more. I agreed on that yesterday and today the order changed from "On Hold" to "Processing". Hopefully they have got a new shipment and is about to send it or they might just be stalling. Fortunately I'm in no hurry and are used to long delivery times from China to Sweden so I just wait a little bit longer...

I've been "Processing" since 12/14. Emails go unanswered, chat is never online. I'll give  ;em until 1/14 then I'm cancelling and putting a claim in with Paypal. 

Jan 7, 2017 at 12:21 AM Post #992 of 1,751
  I also have the X3 and to be honest if I had the choice of the 2 I would lean towards the X10, it feels like a more complete player.

Great sound, snappy interface compared to X3 it is a step up in many ways in my opinion.

But on the other hand if you are happy with your current player and you are enjoying it why upgrade? :)

Could you please give more details of comparison of X10 with X3? Thanks

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #995 of 1,751
For those waiting for a refund from TOMTOP, I can only speak to my experience. Got a response from them after I cancelled, and it took 5 days to hear from PAYPAL.  Got me refund through Amex and all is well.  Good Luck! 

Jan 7, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #996 of 1,751

Could you please give more details of comparison of X10 with X3? Thanks

A lot better interface (even when comparing with RB X3), better build quality & nice display. Soundwise: blacker background (not 100% black with sensitive earphones, but much much better), wider soundstage and better imaging, a bit bigger bass quantity, a lot more fuller and more natural sounding mids with my iem. Sound is more pleasing to listen. X3 being brighter has more apparent details at a first glance, but it's there with X10 as well to the same extent. It is a really brilliant player. That being said, it does not have the capability of driving hard-to-drive big cans (k702 in my case). But if I connect it to the 02 as a source for power hungry headphone, then it sounds great again.

Jan 7, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #997 of 1,751
For Relative close in price on eBay right now, is there any reason to pick xduoo x10 over Zishan dsd or vice versa?

Jan 7, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #998 of 1,751
I got my unit today from TomTop and when I try to power it up the display is jumpy and flickering  all over the place and then goes white. I hope it just needs a full 3- hour charge. Any suggestions other than the reset button ?

Or will I be sending this back or get money back from TomTop. So much for quality control.

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:36 PM Post #999 of 1,751
Full Charge fixed the screen problem. Waiting for new Samsung Evo Plus class 10 128 Gb card. 

So to put your music on your card on your computer,  then install the card and turn on X10 ?

Thanks

Still wondering will need a amp t to drive my HIFIMAN- HE-400I ?  Any thoughts ?

Thanks 

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #1,000 of 1,751
  A lot better interface (even when comparing with RB X3), better build quality & nice display. Soundwise: blacker background (not 100% black with sensitive earphones, but much much better), wider soundstage and better imaging, a bit bigger bass quantity, a lot more fuller and more natural sounding mids with my iem. Sound is more pleasing to listen. X3 being brighter has more apparent details at a first glance, but it's there with X10 as well to the same extent. It is a really brilliant player. That being said, it does not have the capability of driving hard-to-drive big cans (k702 in my case). But if I connect it to the 02 as a source for power hungry headphone, then it sounds great again.

Thanks! Sounds a wise investment.

Jan 8, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #1,002 of 1,751
  Full Charge fixed the screen problem. Waiting for new Samsung Evo Plus class 10 128 Gb card. 

So to put your music on your card on your computer,  then install the card and turn on X10 ?

Thanks

Still wondering will need a amp t to drive my HIFIMAN- HE-400I ?  Any thoughts ?

Thanks 

dun think so....my hd650 n T1 sounded ok

Jan 8, 2017 at 9:41 AM Post #1,003 of 1,751

Thanks

Thanks 

Need no. Want maybe. I'm at about 65 to 70% on my hd6xx without an amp. Still prefer the sound with an amp.

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #1,004 of 1,751
My unit's scrren is going in and out and going white and have done several resets with no avail. I guess I done buying this brand and now seeing can return it to TompTop for my money back. I want buy this brand again . Any other thoughts for decent musciplayer at $200 mark. Would like DAC/combo .

I thought this was going to be great player for under $120 . Fustrating . 

Jan 8, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #1,005 of 1,751
My unit's scrren is going in and out and going white and have done several resets with no avail. I guess I done buying this brand and now seeing can return it to TompTop for my money back. I want buy this brand again . Any other thoughts for decent musciplayer at $200 mark. Would like DAC/combo .

I thought this was going to be great player for under $120 . Fustrating . 
Shanling m2, DAP & USB DAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back