Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Dec 23, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #785 of 1,751
fact is i got my x10 delivered from tomtop...
so i guess the bottleneck is the logistics n communication.. 
remember this is CHRISTmas season .. :p

Dec 23, 2016 at 11:11 AM Post #787 of 1,751
Just got X10 from local store in my country 2 days ago. So far I am very much impressed by this DAP. The sound quality from x10 is very good. I have tried Sony NW-A35 and Fiio X3ii and I finally decided to buy X10 (they are in same price range). There are few points which I hope Xduoo will improve in new FW :-

1. In shuffle mode when music ends I hear a "tick" sound before the next music plays. This shouldn't exist in the new FW.

2. Gapless should be included.

3. Is it possible to enable X10 usb dac mode?

I am very happy with the X10, really love it!

Dec 23, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #788 of 1,751
ok been playing with my X10 for a bit longer and I will be honest with you

- I find a little clip or fade in before songs more noticeable than others
- The lack Gapless does ruin a few albums for me
- It does not appear to read imbedded art in flac
- The scroll wheel needs to be a bit more sensitive as using the buttons instead is more responsive.

The above can be corrected in in FW I am sure

The sound on this thing is very close to my Cayin, it is very full sounding and not muddy between highs mids and lows. 

Solid bass, I love the punch it gives in my headphones and highs very crisp in dance tracks like The Prodigy - Breath and Skrillex - Rock n Roll. 
Depends on the headphones you use but on the Doors - La Woman it almost feels like you are in the recording studio with them it is very clear.

Fleetwood Mac - Big love off of Tango in the night is a bright album in its master and sparkles well on the X10,

Build wise the X10 still remains solid after some use and the sound is punching above its price bracket I feel for sure. 

If XDuoo can address these albeit little niggles this player would excel. 

On sound alone the X10 has won me over 

Dec 23, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #789 of 1,751
ndburley: So it sounds similar to Cayin N5? That's good to know, as I have N5 and it doesn't have the same niggling issues that the X10 seems to have. But for those willing to put up with those issues (or who can wait it out and be optimistic about them being fixed), it sounds kind the X10 provides very good sound for the price.

Dec 23, 2016 at 12:11 PM Post #790 of 1,751
The sound is really good...almost close to my desktop dac amp lappy combo...
( my home setup just had that little more depppppth n realism :pPPP )

Dec 23, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #791 of 1,751
@ndburley: So it sounds similar to Cayin N5? That's good to know, as I have N5 and it doesn't have the same niggling issues that the X10 seems to have. But for those willing to put up with those issues (or who can wait it out and be optimistic about them being fixed), it sounds kind the X10 provides very good sound for the price.

Yes but the Cayin N5 has the edge in the mid range but only just but that's just my ears so its not in stone.

Also at higher levels the N5 treble sounded brighter, more sharp to the ever so slightly smoothed off X10. 

Dec 23, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #792 of 1,751
I don't usually listen very loud, so maybe I haven't encountered this N5 sharpness. Treble sparkle? Yup. Sharpness? Nope.

Your description makes X10 sound more like the Shanling M5, but also from your description of N5 vs X10 I'm pretty sure the M5 would be your top choice began the three. But it does cost quite a bit more than the X10...

Dec 23, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #794 of 1,751
Well they are a legit store, i bought my xDuoo X3 from them and had no problem. They are probably overwhelmed with a lot of orders during the $116 promotion.

The difference is that stores like Penon, Shenzhen Audio and the others are all dedicated in selling audio gears while Tomtop is not.  No questions about legitimacy right there.  Yes, maybe they are currently bombarded with orders since it's holiday season and they surely are getting a lot of orders not only in the audio category.  I just hope everyone receive their orders soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back