Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Dec 23, 2016 at 4:38 PM Post #796 of 1,751
The X10 definitely punches way beyond its price point, at least for me.  I use it daily with my TY Hi Z while on commute and in the office.  I use my IT03 whenever I feel like it but not in the office since I still need to hear phone calls and my colleagues.

I currently got addicted to the X10 + Vorzamp Duo + TY Hi Z pairing, bass and treble toggles ON.  It feels like I'm using an open back headphones with amazing bass response, upfront vocals, and sparkly treble.  Extends really well both ends.  I suggest you try this setup if you have these gears.

Dec 23, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #797 of 1,751
Just got X10 from local store in my country 2 days ago. So far I am very much impressed by this DAP. The sound quality from x10 is very good. I have tried Sony NW-A35 and Fiio X3ii and I finally decided to buy X10 (they are in same price range). There are few points which I hope Xduoo will improve in new FW :-

1. In shuffle mode when music ends I hear a "tick" sound before the next music plays. This shouldn't exist in the new FW.

2. Gapless should be included.

3. Is it possible to enable X10 usb dac mode?

I am very happy with the X10, really love it!

Update : the "tick" sound happens when connect earphone in "PHONE" output, I can hear that sound in both shuffle mode and continuous play mode. This didn't happen when listen from an amp. connected to "LINE OUT" port.

Anyone hear that sound?

Dec 23, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #798 of 1,751
  ok been playing with my X10 for a bit longer and I will be honest with you

- I find a little clip or fade in before songs more noticeable than others
- The lack Gapless does ruin a few albums for me
- It does not appear to read imbedded art in flac
- The scroll wheel needs to be a bit more sensitive as using the buttons instead is more responsive.

The above can be corrected in in FW I am sure

The sound on this thing is very close to my Cayin, it is very full sounding and not muddy between highs mids and lows. 

Solid bass, I love the punch it gives in my headphones and highs very crisp in dance tracks like The Prodigy - Breath and Skrillex - Rock n Roll. 
Depends on the headphones you use but on the Doors - La Woman it almost feels like you are in the recording studio with them it is very clear.

Fleetwood Mac - Big love off of Tango in the night is a bright album in its master and sparkles well on the X10,

Build wise the X10 still remains solid after some use and the sound is punching above its price bracket I feel for sure. 

If XDuoo can address these albeit little niggles this player would excel. 

On sound alone the X10 has won me over 

Could you Please post your comments w.r.t to Xduoo X3 after long period ? Also, is there much difference in power in HP jack and LO between the two?

I am asking because I recently bought X3 and have X10 on order from tomtop (which BTW is on hold). So if difference is not much I would cancel the order and stay with X3 for sometime.

Dec 24, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #799 of 1,751

Could you Please post your comments w.r.t to Xduoo X3 after long period ? Also, is there much difference in power in HP jack and LO between the two?

I am asking because I recently bought X3 and have X10 on order from tomtop (which BTW is on hold). So if difference is not much I would cancel the order and stay with X3 for sometime.

I also have the X3 and to be honest if I had the choice of the 2 I would lean towards the X10, it feels like a more complete player.

Great sound, snappy interface compared to X3 it is a step up in many ways in my opinion.

But on the other hand if you are happy with your current player and you are enjoying it why upgrade? :)

Dec 24, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #800 of 1,751
I have question for X10 users. When I try to go to next song, player start play it, but screen is frozen and player do not react on any control for a while. So If for example I like to jump over few tracks, it is very annoying. Is there any way how this can be fixed?
BTW sound is stellar!!!!

Edit: Problem solved. Reason for my issue was not proper organization of my music on card. I have normally only one folder with all tracks put in it and I play random play. I got never issue so fare with that, but X10 is strict in that matter, so I format my card and I put music on it with standard folder structure and now is all working just fain. Even start of player is now much faster. It is not that quick as Aune M1s, but still one of the fastest. And again sound is magnificent. Is so balanced and in pair with my Empire Ears Spartans it is pure joy to listen. I did not like X3 so much as most, but X10 is very special beast.

Dec 25, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #801 of 1,751
Long time lurker, first time poster! I'm excited to report my X10 ordered through TomTop on 2016-12-13 07:04:50 changed from processing to dispatched (12/25/2016 3:58 PM)! This will be my first DAP and after a lot of minor research/browsing, I am still unsure what a good matching/stacking portable amplifier would be to get for it.

I would love any opinion on the best bang-for-buck pairing in the 100-250$ range.  Fiio A5? Aune B1? XDUOO XD-05?

I will be primarily using the X10 for my source, so a DAC/AMP option seems to be overkill to me as the X10's DAC should suffice(?). My transducers will be, at work: Sony MDRV6 with Beyerdynamic velour pads, on the move: Etymotic ER•4P, and at home: Original AudioQuest NightHawks.

Any feedback appreciated!  Thank you and good luck to all the others waiting desperately to get their X10's and prayers answered for fruitful firmware upgrades!

Dec 25, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #802 of 1,751
Hot digity! Just checked mine, ordered 12/13 as well and it's saying Dispatched!

Dec 25, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #803 of 1,751
  Long time lurker, first time poster! I'm excited to report my X10 ordered through TomTop on 2016-12-13 07:04:50 changed from processing to dispatched (12/25/2016 3:58 PM)! This will be my first DAP and after a lot of minor research/browsing, I am still unsure what a good matching/stacking portable amplifier would be to get for it.

I would love any opinion on the best bang-for-buck pairing in the 100-250$ range.  Fiio A5? Aune B1? XDUOO XD-05?

I will be primarily using the X10 for my source, so a DAC/AMP option seems to be overkill to me as the X10's DAC should suffice(?). My transducers will be, at work: Sony MDRV6 with Beyerdynamic velour pads, on the move: Etymotic ER•4P, and at home: Original AudioQuest NightHawks.

Any feedback appreciated!  Thank you and good luck to all the others waiting desperately to get their X10's and prayers answered for fruitful firmware upgrades!

IMO you should be fine without an extra amp with your gear

Dec 25, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #804 of 1,751
Same here. Checked mine a little while ago, and it says dispatched. I ordered it on 12/12 ( or 12/13 depending on their time relative to mine), so here we go with the shipping. What is the normal shipping time from China to the US?

Dec 25, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #806 of 1,751
it depends where you live in the US but you should count at least two weeks

Thanks, I am in the Midwest so most likely at least a week, but maybe two weeks.

Dec 25, 2016 at 1:45 PM Post #808 of 1,751
Ordered on 14th and still on HOLD 
angry_face.gif

Dec 25, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #810 of 1,751
Long time lurker, first time poster! I'm excited to report my X10 ordered through TomTop on 2016-12-13 07:04:50 changed from processing to dispatched (12/25/2016 3:58 PM)!

Hot digity! Just checked mine, ordered 12/13 as well and it's saying Dispatched!

Same here. Checked mine a little while ago, and it says dispatched. I ordered it on 12/12 ( or 12/13 depending on their time relative to mine)

Ordered also on 12/12 but mine's still on hold :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back