Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Dec 12, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #436 of 1,751
I just bought the X10 for 110 euros from tomtop.
Its on discount for 138 euros and the "WX10" code made it 110 euro.
beyersmile.png

Dec 12, 2016 at 3:29 PM Post #440 of 1,751
Rather in a hurry I went and ordered a xDuoo X10 on eBay. Totally missed the offer, and paid $167.

I had settled on buying a FiiO X5ii after choosing between that and the iBasso DX80. But after seeing the xDuoo X10 I thought I could save a bit on money and not lose out so much on the music quality.

I previously had a FiiO X1 (first generation) which I liked quite a lot but wanted to step up a notch without braking the bank.

My budget was at most $300.

Now, I don't know if I have made a mistake.

I can't go and get a FiiO X5ii to test them side by side, so I will have to test it when it comes and follow my gut. If I don't like it I will probably sell it with a loss on eBay.

After reading many reviews I chose the FiiO X5ii for a more fun and less analytical signature. I will have to wait and see. When it arrives I will post a review.

I will be primarily using a pair of Kef M200, Senheisser Momentums in ear, Audio Technica IM50, Sennheiser CX 985 and the Senheisser Momentums Over Ear (first edition).

Nice thread, keep up the posts.

Dec 12, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #441 of 1,751
Dec 12, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #442 of 1,751
Dec 12, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #445 of 1,751
  Rather in a hurry I went and ordered a xDuoo X10 on eBay. Totally missed the offer, and paid $167.

I had settled on buying a FiiO X5ii after choosing between that and the iBasso DX80. But after seeing the xDuoo X10 I thought I could save a bit on money and not lose out so much on the music quality.

I previously had a FiiO X1 (first generation) which I liked quite a lot but wanted to step up a notch without braking the bank.

My budget was at most $300.

Now, I don't know if I have made a mistake.

I can't go and get a FiiO X5ii to test them side by side, so I will have to test it when it comes and follow my gut. If I don't like it I will probably sell it with a loss on eBay.

After reading many reviews I chose the FiiO X5ii for a more fun and less analytical signature. I will have to wait and see. When it arrives I will post a review.

I will be primarily using a pair of Kef M200, Senheisser Momentums in ear, Audio Technica IM50, Sennheiser CX 985 and the Senheisser Momentums Over Ear (first edition).

Nice thread, keep up the posts.

I did the same with X3 last year, and paid 100 plus, Now I "may" get 50 if I sell out on eBay. :wink:

Dec 13, 2016 at 12:48 AM Post #448 of 1,751
Depends on which phone you are talking about. 
and depends upon what your preferences about sound are. My friend listened to my x3, and my iPhone 5, and he said iPhone was smoother and "better"! He didn't notice the better control over the bass on x3, or the treble extension, or instrument scaling. What he liked was the better midforward signature iPhone gave, which is decent in another way. Some times, I too feel some songs better on the phone. So, if you are happy with you're current device look no further, enjoy your playlist. I had situations in the past when I already had some sound system which was satisfactory and traded it up for the "better" reviewed stuff and ended up loosing some rare vintage amps/speakers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back