Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10!
Nov 17, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #168 of 1,751
  I'm sorry, I don't want a player that has to be Rockboxed to deliver basic functionality.
The X10 isn't even out officially yet (preorder only) and already we're talking about a Rockbox port.
The lack of Gapless, and the 1 or 2 second skipping of the beginning of tracks suggests to me that Xduoo took
their flawed software and ported it to the X10.
I do not expect them to fix anything, nor to respond to customer email.

I like the X3, like it's layout and features, but I won't deal with Xduoo again until I'm convinced they've sorted
out their software issues and customer service.

Nobody has said that the x10 will have the same problems as the x3 (lack of gapless or skipping seconds or pitch error).  If anything, xDuoo has learned from those mistakes and will have done the x10 correctly.  I am certainly not wanting or expecting to rockbox the x10 if I get it.  Why would I want to limit what appears to be a very nice hi res screen.  I think the reason that they did not fix those problems on the x3 was because they knew that rockbox would solve most of the problems and they wanted to concentrate on perfecting the x10 rather than spend more time on the cheaper and flawed x3.  I am expecting the x10 to be really good.  If not, I won't buy it.  We need to wait for the customer feedback on the x10.

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #169 of 1,751

Nobody has said that the x10 will have the same problems as the x3 (lack of gapless or skipping seconds or pitch error).  If anything, xDuoo has learned from those mistakes and will have done the x10 correctly.  I am certainly not wanting or expecting to rockbox the x10 if I get it.  Why would I want to limit what appears to be a very nice hi res screen.  I think the reason that they did not fix those problems on the x3 was because they knew that rockbox would solve most of the problems and they wanted to concentrate on perfecting the x10 rather than spend more time on the cheaper and flawed x3.  I am expecting the x10 to be really good.  If not, I won't buy it.  We need to wait for the customer feedback on the x10.

That's the point: a really bad customer support regarding their most successful product to date is a dumb move, and at least disrespectful with the customer base. They even said in one of their responses that the pitch error was impossible to correct and right after that rockbox came and ironed it out. I really hope that X10 turns out to be really good (been eyeing it myself) but also as a X3 owner i can't help feeling orphaned by the support and concerned about buying a X10 and have the same issue with any bug it may appear. 

EDIT: Skipping a few seconds at the beginning of the music has been noted at the very first impressions in page 9. 

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #170 of 1,751

There's already reports of the X10 skipping the first few seconds of songs, and no gapless play.
I'd like to think Xduoo corrected the previous errors however at this point I have no faith that they did or will.

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #171 of 1,751
There's already reports of the X10 skipping the first few seconds of songs, and no gapless play.
I'd like to think Xduoo corrected the previous errors however at this point I have no faith that they did or will.

That is horrible. I only listen to full albums and many depend on gapless continuous play. I don't understand at all how this could happen. XDuoo were made aware of these issues. Do the majority of people just listen to random songs? Rockbox would be wrong for the x10. I have really wanted a second player since my Ibasso dx50 broke. My portable setup is also my home setup except when I am at my PC. It takes so long for these asian units to arrive that I need a backup.

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #174 of 1,751
I listen to full albums too but gapless never used :wink:.

That is fine if the album is made up of individual songs, but what about albums where one track flows into the next without stopping...such as a live album. Sometimes an intro track flows right into the the first track. And of course there is Devin Townsend's Ghost. So people who care about gapless do care for a reason. It really just depends on what you like. I can see why some won't care.

Nov 18, 2016 at 7:52 AM Post #175 of 1,751
when listening to shuffled songs it really doesn't matter to me whether it's gapless or not. When I listen to full albums yeah it does
matter, things like Led Zeppelin II Heartbreaker to Living Loving Maid just doesn't seem right with a 2 second delay.
What really annoyed me is the fact the X3 would cut off the first second or two opening seconds of a track that was just unacceptable,

Nov 18, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #176 of 1,751
Despite all the flaws of Xduoo players, I still recommend X3 for under $100 and X10 for < $200.

The sound quality, the size and weight, 2 SD card slots, low distortion with big power. All I need. 

Nov 18, 2016 at 3:21 PM Post #177 of 1,751
  Despite all the flaws of Xduoo players, I still recommend X3 for under $100 and X10 for < $200.

The sound quality, the size and weight, 2 SD card slots, low distortion with big power. All I need. 

I'd personally wait a while to see what warts the X10 presents. I did that with the X3 and knew about the pitch wart when I bought it. I really like the X3, but the way that Xduoo handled did not handle that issue bugs me. I wouldn't spend more money for something like the X10 if it also has issues like that (that they may very well not address).

Nov 18, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #178 of 1,751

I'd personally wait a while to see what warts the X10 presents. I did that with the X3 and knew about the pitch wart when I bought it. I really like the X3, but the way that Xduoo handled did not handle that issue bugs me. I wouldn't spend more money for something like the X10 if it also has issues like that (that they may very well not address).

I understand your point. From what I heard, the pitch problem is not an issue in x10.

I'll test it when I get mine.

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #179 of 1,751

I understand your point. From what I heard, the pitch problem is not an issue in x10.

I'll test it when I get mine.

Please, keep us informed!

And to Xduoo, if you are reading this forum (i believe you are), can't you see how much money you guys are loosing with this poor support, pushing away your clients? Listening to the customer base is what made your rivals grow and you are lagging a lot behind...

Edit: Even the completely unknown Zishan dsd player is in it's 3rd FW revision. And it's owners base grows every day...

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #180 of 1,751
Please, keep us informed!

And to Xduoo, if you are reading this forum (i believe you are), can't you see how much money you guys are loosing with this poor support, pushing away your clients? Listening to the customer base is what made your rivals grow and you are lagging a lot behind...

Edit: Even the completely unknown Zishan dsd player is in it's 3rd FW revision. And it's owners base grows every day...

What is the Zishan's output power? I'm so intersted but I can't find info about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back