Upcoming Beyerdynamic Headphones - Custom One Tesla, Custom One Studio, T51p and amp A20
Jun 27, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #18 of 234
Thanks for the heads up on an offering from beyerdynamic® that I can include in my search for a new headset for my Asus® CM1630-06 - the XONAR® Essence™ STX™ drives this, as the Texas Instruments® TPA6120A2 installation (Zo=10.7Ω) really wants a medium-impedance (viz.,150-600Ω) headphone.  The Custom One™ Studio™, rated at 250Ω, will fit the requirement; just don't know whether beyerdynamic® will have a preproduction sample ready for the HEADPHONE Meet at the Headmaster in August.  (The Heil Sound® Pro Set™ iC™ is short on highs due to its 8 kHz treble roll-off, a characteristic aimed at the communications market rather than us audioaficionadi at Head-Fi™.)

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #19 of 234
Quote:
Custom one tesla sounds pretty sweet and if its smaller then the orginal custom one pro I might have to get it when it comes out

As far as I understood the concept of beyerdynamic's Custom One series, they should all share the same housing (with interchangeable parts) but differ in driver. I highly doubt the Tesla will be smaller or bigger than the Pro or Studio.

Quote:
Those COP Studios look quite nice, also velour instead of pleather?

They look like COP with a different (pseudo-industrial) headband cover and a new cover for the actual can. And you can use the DT880 velour pads for the COP, they are a pretty perfect fit.
Quote:
Custom One Studio girl is Hotness!

Good work Beyerdynamic. You finally did something right.

Now go work on headphones with detachable cables and report back. (Bring that girl again)

The COP has a detachable cable. Or did I miss your point?

Jun 27, 2013 at 9:27 AM Post #22 of 234
i ordered my T5p's  3 months ago.
And still waiting.. !

There is one thing i don't like about the T5p and that is that it does not have detachable cables.

it needs to have thicker removable cabling .. It is supposed to be the high-end mobile headphone.
So hurry up and make the cables removable / detachable..

Jun 27, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #23 of 234
Jun 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #25 of 234
Am I the only one who thinks that Beyer is trying to compete with V-Moda with the COP? Customizable ear shields, cable with a boom mic, metal construction, marketed towards the 18-30 age group, ect...

Jun 27, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #26 of 234
Quote:

Quote:
Those COP Studios look quite nice, also velour instead of pleather?

They look like COP with a different (pseudo-industrial) headband cover and a new cover for the actual can. And you can use the DT880 velour pads for the COP, they are a pretty perfect fit.

The 880's pads are designed for open headphones and most don't like what they do to the sound of the closed COPs or 770s. But the 770 velours should work fine and people have reported good results.

EDT 770 V = silver velours for 770
EDT 770 VB = black velours for 770
EDT 990 V = silver velours for 880 & 990
EDT 990 VB = black velours for 880 & 990

Jun 27, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #27 of 234
Sub~a~Dub~Dub

Beyer Studio Girl In the Tub 
wink_face.gif

Jun 27, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #28 of 234

Users who are viewing this thread

Back