Unique Melody Announcements, Impressions, & More
Jan 26, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #31 of 553
@Cotnijoe how would you say the universal BA only models compare in size to the hybrid models? I had the Merlin V2 which I enjoyed, but found it was a little too large for my ears.

The V3 units universal shell is actually smaller than our previous V2 shells despite the driver count.

The Merlin X is still under development, but expect its shell to be similar to the V3 shells and to be more comfortable than V1 or V2. Hope that helps!

Jan 26, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #32 of 553
i saw the photo post on your facebook page, with what was written as Mason v2, is that going to be a revamp of the maestro v2 or is it the same model just different name? I’d be darn excited if this is going to be a revamp ;D

Well the revamped version would be the V3 haha.

Although. the special edition Mason V2 did use our new shell design which i mentioned in the post above, which people have found to be more comfortable than our previous shells!

Jan 27, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #34 of 553
The MASON II is only universal and has been tuned by other company right?

The Mason II is available in both custom and universal. It was tweaked in collaboration with our Japanese distributor to better fit the user base's preferences in Japan.

Jan 29, 2018 at 9:15 PM Post #35 of 553
Unique Melody V3 Ultra Violet 2018

2018 has already been a big year for us. With the coming of the new year on the lunar calendar, we decided to embark on a project that would celebrate the coming of the new year in a way that’s unique and different. We found our inspiration in Pantone – The world’s leading color agency. Pantone named Ultra Violet as its 2018 Color of the Year.

╬ó╨┼═╝╞¼_20180127092413.jpg

Ultra Violet communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking that points us towards the future.”

“Ultra Violet symbolizes experimentation and non-conformity, spurring individuals to imagine their own mark on the world, and push boundaries through creative outlets.” Unique Melody’s mission statement has always prioritized experimentation and pushing the boundaries – being one of the first to popularize a hybrid design and bringing planar magnetic technology into a portable form. This year, we hope to embody what Ultra Violet represents and continue exploring the latest technologies and develop new products that truly stand out. We have a few cool ideas up our sleeves that we hope you all will end up loving as much as we do!

To celebrate the coming of the year of the dog, Unique Melody will launch a limited run of our Mentor and Mason V3 Ultra Violet 2018. Handcrafted and painted so that no one unit is the same, the V3 Ultra Violet 2018 has a unique and beautiful design that, at the same time, maintains a low profile. Additionally, the unit will come with a black case as well as a special-design pouch that was handcrafted in Japan.

╬ó╨┼═╝╞¼_20180127092406.jpg

The Mason V3 Ultra Violet will be available from February 14th to March 8th. If you’re interested in learning more, please reach out to us at service@uniquemelody.org.

Read more about Pantone’s Color of the Year 2018 Here:
https://www.pantone.com/color-of-the-year-2018

Last but not least, our lab will be closed from Feb 12th to the 22nd in observance of Chinese new year. However, I will still be around if you guys have any questions, so feel free to hit me up!

Thank you all for the constant support. Let’s make 2018 not just the year of the dog, but the year of Ultra Violet!

P.S. More info about the tour is on its way! Stay tuned!

╬ó╨┼═╝╞¼_20180127092342.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #36 of 553

2018 has already been a big year for us. With the coming of the new year on the lunar calendar, we decided to embark on a project that would celebrate the coming of the new year in a way that’s unique and different. We found our inspiration in Pantone – The world’s leading color agency. Pantone named Ultra Violet as its 2018 Color of the Year.

Ultra Violet communicates originality, ingenuity, and visionary thinking that points us towards the future.”

“Ultra Violet symbolizes experimentation and non-conformity, spurring individuals to imagine their own mark on the world, and push boundaries through creative outlets.” Unique Melody’s mission statement has always prioritized experimentation and pushing the boundaries – being one of the first to popularize a hybrid design and bringing planar magnetic technology into a portable form. This year, we hope to embody what Ultra Violet represents and continue exploring the latest technologies and develop new products that truly stand out. We have a few cool ideas up our sleeves that we hope you all will end up loving as much as we do!

To celebrate the coming of the year of the dog, Unique Melody will launch a limited run of our Mentor and Mason V3 Ultra Violet 2018. Handcrafted and painted so that no one unit is the same, the V3 Ultra Violet 2018 has a unique and beautiful design that, at the same time, maintains a low profile. Additionally, the unit will come with a black case as well as a special-design pouch that was handcrafted in Japan.

The Mason V3 Ultra Violet will be available from February 14th to March 8th. If you’re interested in learning more, please reach out to us at service@uniquemelody.org.

Last but not least, our lab will be closed from Feb 12th to the 22nd in observance of Chinese new year. However, I will still be around if you guys have any questions, so feel free to hit me up!

Thank you all for the constant support. Let’s make 2018 not just the year of the dog, but the year of Ultra Violet!

Purple is my favorite color...the color of PASSION; which can describe how UM has approached the IEM market, to me. Thoughtful of design, precise of sound, and economical of wallet, UM has done an extremely commendable job in a market full of very, VERY expensive critters. It is almost like they knew what they were doing from the start! :metal::wink::v:

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #37 of 553

I would be very grateful for an opportunity to audition any of your products and to compare them to my u18t and others :)

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #38 of 553
I'm definitely looking forward to this! Tbh despite knowing that UM has been around and has always had great products, I know very little about them. It would be great to see more from you guys and I'll gladly participate in any tours :dt880smile:

Imho, more budget oriented options from UM would be the thing I would be most interested in :p

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #40 of 553
Well, I have no Facebook account and can´t fill in the survey so I guess it does affect my chances :slight_smile:
Nevertheless, congratulations on a great initiative and all the best.

Ah sorry to hear that and thanks for pointing that out to us.

That'll definitely be something we'll have to look into and adjust for the future. You're definitely still more than welcome to stick around and look to participate in the tour if you'd like!

Jan 30, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #42 of 553
@Cotnijoe Thanks for being so responsive on here. I sent UM an email the other day inquiring about the 10 year anniversary edition of the Mason V2 and they informed me that it's discontinued and the V3 is the updated model. So, a few questions on that.

The Mason V2 is available at Penon for $1,699 and the V3 is $1,000 more. Having never heard either one, I'd prefer not to jump blind into the more expensive one. Is the V2, in fact, discontinued and if so, is there any reason I shouldn't snatch up one of the few remaining models at Penon? I know there is the Maestro, but given that my son's name is Mason I really want to get that. But there is a version of the V2 that has an updated shell? Sorry, it's all a bit confusing. Thanks for any info.

-Collin-

Jan 30, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #44 of 553
@Cotnijoe Thanks for being so responsive on here. I sent UM an email the other day inquiring about the 10 year anniversary edition of the Mason V2 and they informed me that it's discontinued and the V3 is the updated model. So, a few questions on that.

The Mason V2 is available at Penon for $1,699 and the V3 is $1,000 more. Having never heard either one, I'd prefer not to jump blind into the more expensive one. Is the V2, in fact, discontinued and if so, is there any reason I shouldn't snatch up one of the few remaining models at Penon? I know there is the Maestro, but given that my son's name is Mason I really want to get that. But there is a version of the V2 that has an updated shell? Sorry, it's all a bit confusing. Thanks for any info.

-Collin-

Thanks for reaching out to us and for your interest in the Mason V2 Collin!

Depending on when it was you emailed our rep, there's a chance that the Mason V2 10 Year Edition promotion has already ended - either that or the number or limited run units have already been taken. Last time I checked (and this could very much have changed), we still had some drivers left for Mason V2, but yes we are phasing out the V2 units for the V3 units.

The only reason I could think of for not snatching a V2 would be to go for the newer V3 units - Which, of course, I would tell you with some degree of bias that it's a good step up from V2 (as it should be). I am a Mason V3 user myself, afterall. Besides that, you still get our 2 year warranty and services so you're not really missing out on anything else. Just FOMO haha.

The Anniversary Edition of the Mason V2 would use a slightly smaller shell design, but the original Mason V2 shell is still designed with the contours of the ear in mind. The V2 was actually tweaked (compared to V1 shells) to improve the fit and comfort for our western base, as we previously focused significantly more on the eastern market, and thus our IEMs tend to fit that base a bit better.

The transition period can definitely get a bit confusing, with all the changes coming in. Hopefully this clears some things up for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back