Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Feb 9, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #3,557 of 3,931
After extensive listening and equalising, I can certainly attest the technical merit of my remoulds. However the sound signature is no good - the tuning turns this monitor unacceptably dark, and don't trust UMAus' word when it comes to sound sig when it comes to uncommon upgrades lol. They claimed it would be neutral and it's a good 6db from neutral, especially in the upper mids. It's great that these monitors are EXTREMELY responsive to equing. Just for anyone who's thinking of getting an upgrade: it's extremely hit and miss.

Feb 11, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #3,558 of 3,931
Well, my experience with my UM-remolded 1964 Quads has come to an end - a thief made off with them (they were in my backpack) today, so hopefully he'll split his ear canal when trying to force them in.

Feb 11, 2013 at 8:16 AM Post #3,559 of 3,931
Quote:
Well, my experience with my UM-remolded 1964 Quads has come to an end - a thief made off with them (they were in my backpack) today, so hopefully he'll split his ear canal when trying to force them in.

Sorry for your loss. Let's see if he'll wait for you to give you back your reshells since they did not fit to his ears.

Feb 11, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #3,560 of 3,931
They're gone for sure - it happened while my wife and I were driving on her moped. Lots of petty theft this time of year (Lunar New Year) in Vietnam.

Feb 13, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #3,561 of 3,931
Hi guys... I've had a pair of broken westone 3's for the past few months and i've decided to get a custom mold made from UM for them. The problem i have is the cable, it got snagged and tore near the y split.

UM is currently closed and i haven't ordered the headphones yet... but i'm going to see an audiologist for a seperate reason tomorrow and wanted to get custom molds made for my ears to send to them.

wondering if you guys had the instructions i needed to give them so i could get them made? please let me know.

Thanks!

Feb 15, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #3,562 of 3,931
Quote:
Hi guys... I've had a pair of broken westone 3's for the past few months and i've decided to get a custom mold made from UM for them. The problem i have is the cable, it got snagged and tore near the y split.

UM is currently closed and i haven't ordered the headphones yet... but i'm going to see an audiologist for a seperate reason tomorrow and wanted to get custom molds made for my ears to send to them.

wondering if you guys had the instructions i needed to give them so i could get them made? please let me know.

Thanks!

Sure thing give me a minute and I'll PM them to you.

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #3,563 of 3,931
Quote:

Thanks!

All the information you need about how to go about getting ear impressions done for acyrylic CIEMs can be found in the following thread (including links to documents from HeirAudio and Frogbeats, that contain instructions for the audiologist):

http://www.head-fi.org/t/578855/things-to-consider-before-getting-your-custom-iem-impressions-done-the-perfect-fit#post_7871678

If you need any further info, just let me know.

Feb 18, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #3,564 of 3,931
What is the wait time for reshells/remolds? I have a SM3 v1 that I can reshell and my Miracle that's got a cracked socket. Can anyone compare the differences in the reshell services of other companies? I'm in Vancouver, BC; 1964 Ears is a bit closer but it cost $90 more. Thanks.

Feb 18, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #3,565 of 3,931
From my experience, about 5 weeks - a bit more than a month.

Feb 19, 2013 at 5:12 AM Post #3,566 of 3,931
Quote:
What is the wait time for reshells/remolds? I have a SM3 v1 that I can reshell and my Miracle that's got a cracked socket. Can anyone compare the differences in the reshell services of other companies? I'm in Vancouver, BC; 1964 Ears is a bit closer but it cost $90 more. Thanks.

Consider what you'll have to pay for shipping to UM before you decide. My 2 cents. 

Feb 24, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #3,567 of 3,931
Also consider the following:

If you want recessed sockets...um includes that in the price...1964 charges $25 extra.

On the other hand if you need cables those are cheaper from 1964 than UM.

Shipping really isn't that bad. At least it wasn't for me. It was somewhere aroung $12 and that was sending mine in a small pelican case.

Mar 2, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #3,570 of 3,931
anybody else waiting for remolds like me right now? no news since the 31 of january ( yes i know, chinese new year)....and looking for a way to survive the wait....
frown.gif

please let me know....

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back