Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Nov 26, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #3,496 of 3,931
Quote:
Little update:
I heard back from Stephen. He first asked to check the drawer on the case. But these came in small neoprene zippered case with no drawers identical to what Beats Lady Gaga phones ship in. So they are apparently they are out of the cleaning tools. Does anyone have a picture of what they look like?
As for cables, my fancy cables is going to take a while, so I purchased a $30 cable on eBay from Hong Kong. It shipped already, so hopefully I can see what these sound like soon.

Didnt get a cleaning tool for my reshell. However I did get the new case instead of the zippered case and packaging which were pretty nice. 
Here's some picture of my reshelled miracle : http://www.head-fi.org/t/524158/unique-melody-miracle-review-appreciation-thread/315#post_8899858

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #3,497 of 3,931
so do you get an email that says your items been shipped or do they randomly show up in the mail. order status is waiting on fullfillment still and its been since the beginning of this month

Nov 27, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #3,498 of 3,931
Mine were sent to me via ems.
Stephen provided me the tracking no. and they already left UM lab and according to tracking at that time it had already leave china for singapore. From then on, no update to the tracking and suddenly ytd they were tracked to have arrived at local dispatch centre and 2 hours later they are in the house.

If ur's are via fedex, it should be faster.

Nov 28, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #3,500 of 3,931
I just got my refit back. The left earpiece still has fit issues, perhaps the stem needs to be made thicker. Also the sound is quite congested and overwhelmingly bassy - it wasn't before the refit. Before the refit it was spacious, neutral and refined. Sigh UM... What the ** happened? Am I just unlucky?! If it doesn't clear up after a break+burn in period I'm emailling UM....... And to top things off I didn't get a frequency response graph so I don't know how it measures - did they even test the headphone before sending it off? Sigh...

Edit: After 2 hours of burn in (not listening) it's cleared a little bit. It's still extremely dark and somewhat congested... Not what I expect from a quad driver CIEM. Perhaps it might improve a bit more. I'll leave music playing overnight.

Edit 2: Thanks UM for the reply. The sound wasn't like this before (crystal, sparking beautifully clear before), so I hope it can be fixed. It's really just the bass being boosted to extreme levels, covering the detail in the mids and highs and impacting severely on clarity. And the model is a LW3x4 (standard driver upgrade).

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #3,501 of 3,931
Quote:
I just got my refit back. The left earpiece still has fit issues, perhaps the stem needs to be made thicker. Also the sound is quite congested and overwhelmingly bassy - it wasn't before the refit. Before the refit it was spacious, neutral and refined. Sigh UM... What the ** happened? Am I just unlucky?! If it doesn't clear up after a break+burn in period I'm emailling UM....... And to top things off I didn't get a frequency response graph so I don't know how it measures - did they even test the headphone before sending it off? Sigh...

Edit: After 2 hours of burn in (not listening) it's cleared a little bit. It's still extremely dark and somewhat congested... Not what I expect from a quad driver CIEM. Perhaps it might improve a bit more. I'll leave music playing overnight.

Is this the UM Mage? Just want to clear things up because I have the same model too.

Nov 29, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #3,502 of 3,931
Quote:

Sounds like you might have a particularly hard to fit ear canal.  Sometimes we come across these issues and our clients need to opt for very short ear canal stems to prevent the sound from exiting the IEM at the wrong angle.  This would usually lead to congested and muddy sounding IEM's.

Each IEM is tested prior to them being finished, so we know there are no issues with the drivers, crossover or wiring.  

Sometimes these things just happen and it comes down to the shape of the ear.  Try pulling them out of your ear and partially inserting them on a different angle.  Does the sound clear up?  Try wearing them half in, does the sound clear up?  Can you get a listenable seal without putting the IEM in properly?  All of these things will help us diagnose your issues.

Please do feel free to email us.  Ensuring your IEM's sound better than before and fit like a glove is important to us. :)

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #3,503 of 3,931
Has anyone got a contact for UM UK?

My friend wants reshells done. We contacted the UK arm last week, but now its all gone quiet and there are no replies to his emails - don' they want his money?

Dec 12, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #3,505 of 3,931
Quote:
Is your friend actually in the UK or is he elsewhere in Europe?

We are in the UK.
After trying a number of email addresses that weren't replied to, a Head-Fi'er gave me another address to try. I had a short conversation back and forth on that email address and let the guy know that I was enquiring for a friend. They then exchanged an email and since then, my friend's emails to find out how to get the ball rolling, has just been ignored.

Doesn't really inspire confidence in my friend and makes me look a &*^%* for suggesting UM as a reliable resheller.

Dec 12, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #3,506 of 3,931
Well, if UM UK are overlooking your emails (may be hectic, since it is the run-up to Xmas, not that I'm excusing it), then perhaps you could try contacting Matt (UM Global) directly. I've found him helpful.

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #3,507 of 3,931
@Mython - to save me trawling through this thread, do you have contact details for Matt to hand?

Jan 3, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #3,510 of 3,931
I wouldn't bother (unless you are head over heels in love with your X10s) - if you're really interested in customs, your best bet is to buy something that was designed by the company itself, such as the Merlins or Miracle. With re-shells of universals, you'll get much better isolation which will give you the illusion of having better sound, but ultimately, the best thing you can do is buy a model that was designed with a custom shell in mind. Re-shells of universals are a sort of hit or miss affair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back