Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #3,046 of 3,931
PICTURES AS PROMISED! (please excuse m crappy phone picture quality). The pictures don't give justice as to how pretty they are in real life.

The build quality is the best than I've seen, much better than the JH shells that I have looked at. These have a recessed socket with the UM cables. The cables are very nice and flexible, and the jack joint and y-splitter is made from a more tough rubberised material than the usual hard plastic I am used to. My only niggle is that they fit in there damn tight and it looks like I'll need a pair of needle nose pliers if I ever need to take them out.

First up: JH 13 Pro

Loving the JH13, exactly how it sounded to me when I demoed the universal pair, except the better fit gave it a more fuller sound. Looks like the guys at UM matched to JH13's configuration well.

Front view: Chose to go with a solid black faceplate for that professional look. Love the contrast of the metal UM logo.

Back view: Couldn't resist having a lime green body (No the lime green doesn't look that cloudy in real life, it's my crappy camera).. I chose to have different colored tips so that I can differentiate between Left and Right quickly and without looking at the inscriptions. Smoked Black = Right. Clear = Left.

Side view: Liking this color scheme so far. Faceplate is nice and thin.

While in my ears they contour very well and only the black part of shell is visible.

Second up: SE530

Front view: Purple faceplate. UM logo wins out here again, so pretty. They look pretty dark in my ears so you won't be able to see through to the components or anything while in my ears unless light was shone upon it.

Back view: Purple body. Yup you guessed it, Smoked Black = Right. Clear = Left, although the smoked black on this one is dark than on the JH13, I think it complements the purple well (since purple is darker than lime green as well).

Back View: Alternative angle and better look at smoked black tip.

Side view: Run out stuff to say.

Hope you enjoyed my little slide show. Turnover time from impressions taken and sent to having these on my desk = roughly 7 weeks. WORTH THE WAIT!

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #3,047 of 3,931
Sweet mate! Those black and green ones look particularly awesome. Looking forward to hearing what you think of how they sound.

Going for a similar purple colour scheme on my SE530s, hopefully not too much longer to wait until they turn up. 

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:55 AM Post #3,048 of 3,931

Quote:
Sweet mate! Those black and green ones look particularly awesome. Looking forward to hearing what you think of how they sound.

Going for a similar purple colour scheme on my SE530s, hopefully not too much longer to wait until they turn up. 

Cheers! They sound awesome as expected. I primarily love the neutral sound, the nice clarity and instrument seperation , the massive extension of both sides of the frequency extension and best of all I LOVE how a bassy song actually sounds bassy while a bass light song has light bass, something my bass heavy Atrio MG7's can't do well at all.

I'm sure you'll love yours when you get them back.

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #3,049 of 3,931
Wonderful, the SE530x4s turn up and there is no cable included despite paying for it. There is also a small bubble in one of the shells, not sure if this is something which is acceptable, usually I hear very good things about the build quality at UM. I'd also appreciate it if someone can take a look at them to see if it looks like they put in an extra driver as I can only see 2 in there which I think are the dual woofer and tweeter originally in the 530s, could very well be wrong on that though.

Amp City who deal with UM were very apologetic and have sent out a new cable for me but due to the Easter hols it won't arrive until next Tuesday. Not a happy bunny that's for sure.

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #3,050 of 3,931

Quote:
Wonderful, the SE530x4s turn up and there is no cable included despite paying for it. There is also a small bubble in one of the shells, not sure if this is something which is acceptable, usually I hear very good things about the build quality at UM. I'd also appreciate it if someone can take a look at them to see if it looks like they put in an extra driver as I can only see 2 in there which I think are the dual woofer and tweeter originally in the 530s, could very well be wrong on that though.

Amp City who deal with UM were very apologetic and have sent out a new cable for me but due to the Easter hols it won't arrive until next Tuesday. Not a happy bunny that's for sure.

Judging by the photo there's no additional driver. You'd probably have TWFK driver for mids and highs. Is it just me or are these looking cloudy and muddy? Unless that was your aim

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #3,052 of 3,931
OK, so they aren't cloudy it was just pic quality. I still don't see taht bubble. Basically bubbles do not affect sound quality, just look. If you don't mind it don't remold. If you do mind ship it back. I wounldn't though

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #3,053 of 3,931

Quote:
Judging by the photo there's no additional driver. You'd probably have TWFK driver for mids and highs. Is it just me or are these looking cloudy and muddy? Unless that was your aim

I went for smoked black and purple so yeah that was the aim. Thanks for the feedback, I'll see what others say over the weekend on this and will then think about returning them... *sigh

Apr 5, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #3,054 of 3,931

Quote:
OK, so they aren't cloudy it was just pic quality. I still don't see taht bubble. Basically bubbles do not affect sound quality, just look. If you don't mind it don't remold. If you do mind ship it back. I wounldn't though

Cool, glad it doesn't effect the sound. Looking forward to hearing them next week but after waiting 8 weeks for them I'm pretty disappointed. Hopefully the sound of these will help me forget all about these issues.

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #3,055 of 3,931
If I'm seeing it correctly, that is quite a big bubble. It's interesting why they missed that. 

Apr 6, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #3,058 of 3,931
I think I'd send it back, but I'm OCD about stuff like that..

Apr 7, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #3,060 of 3,931
Thanks for the advice everyone. Cables turn up next week so I can have a listen but will almost certainly get them redone. The right monitor is a bit loose too so it's probably for the best. Just hope they can speed up the process, not really prepared to wait another 8 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back