Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Nov 18, 2011 at 5:11 PM Post #2,896 of 3,931

Quote:
Improvements vary, some people find the soundstage a bit more closed of and this would be due to the added presence of the mids with the additional driver.

We would say it's an enhancement and brings back some of the detail that the TF10 lacks in the midrange, though it does make the TF10 a bit less V-shaped.  Thus far we haven't had any complaints from any of the UMAus or UMGlobal clients that have opted for the TF10x4.  If you won't miss the recessed mid range then it'd be safe to say it would be an enhancement.

UMGlobal is rolling out agents and reps on the ground in the USA.  Your closest would be the one in Jacksonville right now who has an order going out this week, you could hop in on that order.

With a leeway of one week of freight each way to be safe, that leaves us 3 weeks for a build.  At this stage it's unlikely unless you go for a 3 day rush build (in and out of lab in 3 days).  This is expensive though at $100.

If you want to flick UMGlobal an email at sales@uniquemelody.co, they could help you out with an official quote.

Thanks .. sent a PM with a few more questions .. If you dont mind

I must say though that losing the soundstage is a bit of a concern for me. If adding the mids just very slightly lessens the soundstage then i guess i can live with it. However if adding it turns the soundstage to something small like the UM3x or E3c then this is a non starter.

Hope i can get a bit more clarification on this aspect.

Jamie

Nov 19, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #2,898 of 3,931
That's because I love all my customers~ 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Just got some reshells from Stephen - the US based rep.  He was a class act to deal with. 

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:48 AM Post #2,899 of 3,931
Alright, I spent a few hours digging through the thread and I'm still confused.  My girlfriend and I both have TF10s.  We are looking at just simple reshelling (no additional drivers, I've been happy with TF10s sound) so...

1.  How much will this really cost?  What is the actual price of the reshell, is it $160?  Is that going up in 2012?  Shipping?  Cables?  (I found a decent audiologist for $50 impressions so I know that part)
2.  Do I have to / should I get the UM cable?  Seems expensive and I fear it will just break after a few months.  Also I mainly listen with my iphone and will really miss the remote button on the triple fi 10vi cable that I use now.  
3.  We live in the US (NYC), so does that mean I should deal direct with UM instead of through anyone local?  Which website should I even use?  http://www.uniquemelody.co/ ?  http://www.custom-iem.com/ ? 
4.  Should my girlfriend and I place our order together and ship everything together?  

What the hell am I doing?
If anyone knows of a good post that answers noob questions like this I'd love to see it.  

Dec 2, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #2,900 of 3,931
Hey there. 

1. The prices for re-shell will probably increase again. Right now, it is $169. 
2. You can use the tf10vi cable if you keep the original tf10 sockets for the re-shell. 
3. Since you are in the states, shoot me an email at stephenguo@live.com (North America distributor/ www.custom-iem.com). 
Placing and shipping everything together would be convenient. ~

Quote:
Alright, I spent a few hours digging through the thread and I'm still confused.  My girlfriend and I both have TF10s.  We are looking at just simple reshelling (no additional drivers, I've been happy with TF10s sound) so...

1.  How much will this really cost?  What is the actual price of the reshell, is it $160?  Is that going up in 2012?  Shipping?  Cables?  (I found a decent audiologist for $50 impressions so I know that part)
2.  Do I have to / should I get the UM cable?  Seems expensive and I fear it will just break after a few months.  Also I mainly listen with my iphone and will really miss the remote button on the triple fi 10vi cable that I use now.  
3.  We live in the US (NYC), so does that mean I should deal direct with UM instead of through anyone local?  Which website should I even use?  http://www.uniquemelody.co/ ?  http://www.custom-iem.com/ ? 
4.  Should my girlfriend and I place our order together and ship everything together?  

What the hell am I doing?
If anyone knows of a good post that answers noob questions like this I'd love to see it.  

Dec 6, 2011 at 1:28 AM Post #2,901 of 3,931
I'm looking to upgrade to six drivers.. problem is I don't know which I should reshell.. my options are either the TF10's, the SM3's, or my 1964 Q's.. can anyone who has any of these reshelled to 6 drivers give me any insight on which you think would yield the best results? I love a little from each of them, but they each also have their weaknesses. Suggestions pls?
blink.gif

Dec 11, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #2,905 of 3,931
I want to know this custom art image is possible with UM.
Surely, I'm preparing EPS file.
All White color(background and character) shall be clear, so that I can see the shell color underneath the plate.
And can I select Clear-Eartips option?

Dec 11, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #2,906 of 3,931
Yes, that should be quite possible; UM's 'high-def colour' option should take care of your proposed artwork very easily - but you'll need to make the white portions transparent using Photoshop or similar, before presenting your artwork to UM.

A more significant issue, however, is the fact that you're going to struggle to see the characters clearly when they are shrunk to the size necessary to fit onto the IEMs. UM's high-def colour option can handle it very nicely - it won't blur the image when shrunk, it's just that the human eye won't see the characters very easily without squinting. Already, at the size you've posted the image above, there is poor definition of the characters at the bottom, on the brown background - when that's shrunk, it's going to be fairly difficult to read, in spite of decent high-resolution printing.

Clear eartips will be no problem at all.

Dec 13, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #2,909 of 3,931
This is a purely hypothetical scenario so nobody jump down my throat, but: Is there a likelihood that a dual-dynamic, multi-BA IEM will ever be brought into existence? Either a small dynamic like an 8mm + a 10mm, or a 10mm + a 14mm driver, with 4, 5 BAs of varying frequency response? Interested to know what kind of price point such an IEM would involve.

Dec 13, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #2,910 of 3,931

Quote:
This is a purely hypothetical scenario so nobody jump down my throat, but: Is there a likelihood that a dual-dynamic, multi-BA IEM will ever be brought into existence? Either a small dynamic like an 8mm + a 10mm, or a 10mm + a 14mm driver, with 4, 5 BAs of varying frequency response? Interested to know what kind of price point such an IEM would involve.

I think it would be unlikely to see a custom IEM with more than one dynamic driver, as I think that it is already quite complex to fit just one. Still, you can ask UM for a custom...custom. I've seen some in the trade forums that had 6 BAs except not the same ones as the miracle, and even some with 10 BAs per side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back