Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Oct 21, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #2,881 of 3,931
I'm probably going back to china for christmas and I'm going to be pretty close to the address on the first page, is it possible to visit them directly get a impression there and get a remold the same day?

Oct 22, 2011 at 10:43 AM Post #2,882 of 3,931

Quote:
That's nice.  When did you send them in, and when did they arrive at UM?

I sent them on the 15th of September. received them 5 weeks later 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 30, 2011 at 12:09 AM Post #2,883 of 3,931
I just received my UM Mage after a five weeks wait.
bigsmile_face.gif
  Love the sound that the mage gives but my outer ears (around the concha area) feel sore after 30mins of usage... can anybody enlighten me whether it is the fit problem or something else that might have cause this because if it is fit problem then i will have to send them back for refitting. (Dont know how to check if it is fitting problem but it certainly feels ok when i wear them)

Oct 30, 2011 at 8:37 PM Post #2,884 of 3,931
Comfort should improve over time. However, if they remain slightly irritating in 1-2 weeks time, send them back for a refit. You are your best judge though...

Nov 1, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #2,885 of 3,931
One small question.
Does UM only make custom IEM with TRANSLUCENT COLOUR?
It is because i has just order an UM Miracle and in the order form i only state the Colour which is Blue & Red but not TRANSLUCENT Blue & TRANSLUCENT Red.
I am afraid that they will use solid colour which is not my intention. I prefer TRANSLUCENT one.
Should i contact UM so that they can fix my order?

Nov 1, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #2,886 of 3,931

[size=medium]

Quote:
One small question.
Does UM only make custom IEM with TRANSLUCENT COLOUR?
It is because i has just order an UM Miracle and in the order form i only state the Colour which is Blue & Red but not TRANSLUCENT Blue & TRANSLUCENT Red.
I am afraid that they will use solid colour which is not my intention. I prefer TRANSLUCENT one.
Should i contact UM so that they can fix my order?

​
[/size]

They do translucent colours and they also do solid colours. I think you are right to be careful and I would go ahead and contact them quickly, if I was in your situation. I've been on about this lately (http://www.head-fi.org/t/577182/unique-melody-ordering-questions-any-help-appreciated#post_7845177), that there needs to be a proper Unique Melody colour selection chart, with code numbers to identify each colour on the chart, to avoid problems and unnecessary customer dissatisfaction. UE and Westone provide such charts on their websites. In the meantime, perhaps you could direct UM to the colour codes on one of those sites to ensure that they produce your IEMs to the colour that you require? (see the direct links in the thread just linked to).

I'm assured by UM UK that they're taking my concerns seriously on this and that there will soon be a proper colour selection chart available for Unique Melody customers during the order process.

I'm also hoping UM will sort out a decent portable pocket IEM-carrying box, since I'm currently struggling to obtain something suitable:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/578199/anyone-know-of-a-smaller-equivalent-to-an-otterbox-1000

These are just minor teething problems, though, and I'm optimistic that UM will rectify them soon. They clearly have the capability to produce highly-competitive IEM products of top quality. They just need to find the time / manpower to seriously address these surrounding issues and they'll be up-to-par with their competitors, on overall customer experience. It will cost them far less, in the longrun, to invest a little time, labour and cash in addressing these issues now, rather than the numerous problems and unnecessary remoulds etc. which will plague them and their customers if the confusion in the ordering process continues. Personally, I feel this should have been sorted prior to initiating the global promotions they're currently doing, but as things stand, it's now just a case of 'the sooner the better' from this point forwards.

They'll get there, though. They've proved that through their evident abilities with IEM design and manufacture. I think UM have a bright future ahead of them.

Nov 2, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #2,890 of 3,931

Quote:
wish you could get carvings or burn in patterns on the wooden faceplates
biggrin.gif

The Japanese love their wood - give it a few years and some enterprising tech-savvy start-up will be churning out custom IEMs laser carved from solid blocks of teak or rosewood, with a high-gloss lacquer coating. Since it's done by laser, you'll be able to have intricate fretwork throughout the IEM body, with the gaps filled in with crystal-clear acrylic.

Just wait. It'll come...

Nov 2, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #2,891 of 3,931

[size=medium] Thank you Mython.[/size]
[size=medium] Just contact them and solve the problem.[/size]
[size=medium] It looks like they are pretty busy this time of the year.[/size]
Quote:

They do translucent colours and they also do solid colours. I think you are right to be careful and I would go ahead and contact them quickly, if I was in your situation. I've been on about this lately (http://www.head-fi.org/t/577182/unique-melody-ordering-questions-any-help-appreciated#post_7845177), that there needs to be a proper Unique Melody colour selection chart, with code numbers to identify each colour on the chart, to avoid problems and unnecessary customer dissatisfaction. UE and Westone provide such charts on their websites. In the meantime, perhaps you could direct UM to the colour codes on one of those sites to ensure that they produce your IEMs to the colour that you require? (see the direct links in the thread just linked to).

I'm assured by UM UK that they're taking my concerns seriously on this and that there will soon be a proper colour selection chart available for Unique Melody customers during the order process.

I'm also hoping UM will sort out a decent portable pocket IEM-carrying box, since I'm currently struggling to obtain something suitable:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/578199/anyone-know-of-a-smaller-equivalent-to-an-otterbox-1000

These are just minor teething problems, though, and I'm optimistic that UM will rectify them soon. They clearly have the capability to produce highly-competitive IEM products of top quality. They just need to find the time / manpower to seriously address these surrounding issues and they'll be up-to-par with their competitors, on overall customer experience. It will cost them far less, in the longrun, to invest a little time, labour and cash in addressing these issues now, rather than the numerous problems and unnecessary remoulds etc. which will plague them and their customers if the confusion in the ordering process continues. Personally, I feel this should have been sorted prior to initiating the global promotions they're currently doing, but as things stand, it's now just a case of 'the sooner the better' from this point forwards.

They'll get there, though. They've proved that through their evident abilities with IEM design and manufacture. I think UM have a bright future ahead of them.

Nov 18, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #2,894 of 3,931
Can anyone give an impression of how much of an upgrade it would be to get the fourth driver on a TF10 reshell ?

What are the improvements in terms of Sound Quality?

Does it substantially change the sound signature of the Triple Fi 10 or just very slightly enhances it ?

I have already done the open mouth impressions and i am ready to send them in and want to know whats the cost of the reshell + the added driver + titanium inserts and finally  the timeline for me to get them back if i were to ship them off on Monday?

I kinda need to have them back before Christmas. (Im in Florida, USA)  

Nov 18, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #2,895 of 3,931
Improvements vary, some people find the soundstage a bit more closed of and this would be due to the added presence of the mids with the additional driver.

We would say it's an enhancement and brings back some of the detail that the TF10 lacks in the midrange, though it does make the TF10 a bit less V-shaped.  Thus far we haven't had any complaints from any of the UMAus or UMGlobal clients that have opted for the TF10x4.  If you won't miss the recessed mid range then it'd be safe to say it would be an enhancement.

UMGlobal is rolling out agents and reps on the ground in the USA.  Your closest would be the one in Jacksonville right now who has an order going out this week, you could hop in on that order.

With a leeway of one week of freight each way to be safe, that leaves us 3 weeks for a build.  At this stage it's unlikely unless you go for a 3 day rush build (in and out of lab in 3 days).  This is expensive though at $100.

If you want to flick UMGlobal an email at sales@uniquemelody.co, they could help you out with an official quote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back