Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Apr 13, 2011 at 11:18 AM Post #2,506 of 3,931

Quote:
After 1 whole month of waiting... Finally I got my Miracle and reshell UM3X back...

The Miracle sounded very very nice indeed ... significantly better than the reshell UM3X ...

wow! really like the one on the right. how you manage to get um to do that?

starting to get bored with my transparent smoke color customs =(

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #2,507 of 3,931

Quote:
We do our best to tune the TF10 back to its original signature however we are limited by filter placement.  With the TF10x4 we are able to exert much more control over the final result.  In our opinion sound stage is not compromised with the TF10.  Both space and accuracy are maintained, though this may not seem the case with the increased presence of the mids.
What type of driver was added to the TF10x4? Is brand and model the same as the original TF10?

Apr 15, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #2,512 of 3,931
Most of the TF10's sound signature is retained but mainly sounds better because the noise isolation/seal is much superior.

The mids are increased from the extra driver and does help level out the V shaped response TF10's are known for. The mid driver is separately located and has its own canal and hole on the tip. Shoots mids fq's straight to your brain

Quote:
How much different does it sound from the TF10?

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #2,515 of 3,931
Did you all send it off your packages to China uninsured?

It seems my local postal service wants me to put down the value of the package if I want to be insured, but I believe if i do that, its declaring the package for the customs in China, so I wont be able to insure under $30 and receive anything above that for insurance if anything happens to it.

Should I just bite the bullet and send the package off without any insurance and hope it makes it?

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:06 PM Post #2,517 of 3,931

Quote:
Thanks flipfire. It's interesting to know different people's impressions about the TF10x4. They have been mostly positive.

Crap, was gonna hold until after the summer before remolding mine into TF10x4s, but these impressions aren't helping.

Apr 15, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #2,518 of 3,931
Is it possible to order multi-piece cables from UM?

Also, I'm having a hard time deciding on the artwork. The titanium plates look amazing and are a must. I'm just not sure about the color. Thinking about translucent red and blue + titanium plates.

Apr 18, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #2,519 of 3,931
I got my remolds today but I think they will be going back for a refit. They look great but a bit loose but I will take a few days to evaluate everything about fit.

Apr 18, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #2,520 of 3,931
Hey guys, just wanted to get your opinions. I've got a pair of UE Super.Fi 5 Pros, and i'm thinking of upgrading. Would I be better off getting them reshelled by UM and an extra driver added (I got quoted $350 for reshell+add driver+cable, not including impressions, getting the UM Aero (bit pissed off, they had a special last week for them for $419, now they've gone back up to $550) or spending the bulk of that money towards a new set of Universals and sell my SF5pros to recoup some of the cost (I reckon I could probably get maybe ~$100ish for them?).... would be looking at mid to high range univerals, still don't know what yet.

How do the reshelled+extra drivers added compare to the Aero, and then how do they compare to mid to high end universals?

Probably going to go UM since they have an Australian branch and from what i've read seem to be pretty awesome.

Thanks guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back