Unique Melody Remold Impressions Thread
Apr 1, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #2,476 of 3,931
Thank you! :)

Onestly I don't like the "nude looking" style, so I decided for this stone-like dark black. Something from the 2001 Odyssey's Monolith. :p

The sound: well, onestly it's hard for me to tell if they sounds better, but only because I was almost three months without listening the TF10. During this period I switched from ATH-CK7 ( awful iems, one of the worst quality/price deal ) to RE0, so you can imagine the huge difference between those two and reshelled TF10s :D

So I'm not the best to answer your question... all I know is that I'm really satisfied with them :wink:

Quote:
Absolutely beautiful - I really like the simple design you chose. Looks amazing! I thought i was set on getting dark, transparent blue, but I don't know, the black with a graphic just looks so damned sharp. I also really like the completely transparent clear, but i think with my TF10's it will look too 'boring'

I have a question: is sam still responding to inquires at: Kabang567@hotmail.com?

Also, despite reading through maybe 40 pages of this thread, I didn't see anyone have any comments comparing the TF10 with the extra driver versus without? I'm wondering if this is a good idea or if it is going to go against what the UE engineers designed? (I know it will sound different, but will it sound better
normal_smile%20.gif
)

Apr 1, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #2,477 of 3,931
I heard that UM is now reshelling IE8s, with 2 BA drivers added to the highs and mids for 400USD. Im stoked to do this but i wonder if the BA drivers will retain the sexy vocals and wide soundstage the IE8 offers.

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #2,478 of 3,931
How are the Beat Audio Aurora and silver sonic cables? Do the clear ones turn green after a few months? How does the sound compare to the stock westone-ish cables that um or other brands use?

Apr 1, 2011 at 9:55 AM Post #2,479 of 3,931
These cables i saw at the audio shop have copper wire which turned completely green due to oxidation i assume ,but not sure if they are beats audio or not.

Would like to know about the SQ as well.

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #2,480 of 3,931
I'm tempted to get this done to my IE8's. I'm gonna email UM and see what they say about the sound sig.

Quote:
I heard that UM is now reshelling IE8s, with 2 BA drivers added to the highs and mids for 400USD. Im stoked to do this but i wonder if the BA drivers will retain the sexy vocals and wide soundstage the IE8 offers.

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #2,481 of 3,931

Quote:
I'm tempted to get this done to my IE8's. I'm gonna email UM and see what they say about the sound sig.

Im hoping that the quantity of base will be as much as the 5EBx3 or Rooth's 5EBx5, but the quality to be much more refined than those.
Also looking forward for the UM Merlin, some people already ordered it and im waiting for their impressions.

Yeah as my username says bass is top priority for me
wink.gif

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:25 PM Post #2,482 of 3,931
I'm using an Aurora cable with Pailiccs plug ( as you can see in the shots I took of my TF10s on previous page ): the sound is overall better than stock UE cable. Soundstage is wider and middles are more forward ( keep in mind that I've a 4 driver set up ) than using UE cable.

To sum up, build quality is very very good: Pailiccs plug is golden ( not copper, as far as I can see ). The cable is plastic coated and very flexible, also has a small "reinforcement" just before the plug, in order to avoid cable deformation  ( I've broken several UE cables for this reason ).

Onestly I don't know if it will turn green, I got it last week, but I'll let you know. They're quite expensive but the alternative for me was to buy at least one UE cable every couple months, so...

These cables i saw at the audio shop have copper wire which turned completely green due to oxidation i assume ,but not sure if they are beats audio or not.

Would like to know about the SQ as well.

Quote:
How are the Beat Audio Aurora and silver sonic cables? Do the clear ones turn green after a few months? How does the sound compare to the stock westone-ish cables that um or other brands use?

Apr 2, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #2,483 of 3,931
High five! Waiting for my Kubrick monoliths as well!

Quote:
Thank you! :)

Onestly I don't like the "nude looking" style, so I decided for this stone-like dark black. Something from the 2001 Odyssey's Monolith. :p

Apr 2, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #2,485 of 3,931
Got mine in yesterday...not bad Priority Overnight Shipping from China! I only have gotten to listen to them for a bit, but so far the only negative (I always like to start with bad news first) is slightly less low end then my stock se530.  Lots of space and almost 3D effect, but again need more time to listen and def def def need less compressed audio files :)

Apr 4, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #2,486 of 3,931
Hi everyone, I'm new here so please take it easy on the newbie :p

Question:
Anyone has a TF10x3 reshelled? I dont intend to add the additional driver(as of the moment) and would like to hear some comments of users who have had their TF10 reshelled without addition of drivers before i send mine in. Cheers!

Apr 4, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #2,487 of 3,931

Quote:

Question:
Anyone has a TF10x3 reshelled? I dont intend to add the additional driver(as of the moment) and would like to hear some comments of users who have had their TF10 reshelled without addition of drivers before i send mine in. Cheers!

I know it will be a touch painful, but try from the start of this thread, or do a search in this thread. If you are looking for the TF10x3 reshelled reviews, there are quite a few mixed throughout this thread! Good luck, I'm in your boat and still doing research!

TF10 reshell or TF10x4 reshell, or UM aero, or maybe sell something and buy a JHaudio 16??!? Totally different options and drastically different price points... ugh ugh decisions!!

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:38 PM Post #2,488 of 3,931
I just bought a UE 18 Pro off a head-fier recently, and I'm ready to reshell,  how would you send them out? I don't want them to get lost, so I thought about insuring them, but the website says to put a low value for Chinese customs. What to do?

Apr 4, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #2,489 of 3,931
Quote:

I just bought a UE 18 Pro off a head-fier recently, and I'm ready to reshell,  how would you send them out? I don't want them to get lost, so I thought about insuring them, but the website says to put a low value for Chinese customs. What to do?

Can you point us where it says to use a low value?  We probably need to amend this and we'll follow up on it.  Whilst we can't speak for all distributors, we (UMAus) always insure our packages, especially when they involve sending a customers universal headphones.  Our best recommendation is to use the best (usually most expensive), fastest and most secure form of postal service.  FedEX is a definite recommendation, followed by an international courier.  We wouldn't recommend not insuring your package, as if it gets lost you'll be $700+ out of pocket for the UE18's.

One thing you should do, is mark your package as a "headphone for repair".

Quote:

Question:

Having listened to all the TF10, TF10 reshell and the TF10x4, we strongly recommend the TF10x4 as a minimum upgrade.  Quite simply, it allows us (UM) to ensure the sound signature of the custom is as close to that of the original TF10 because we are able to put in a custom cross over, rather than just utilise the standard crossover which is tuned for a small plastic enclosure with silicone or foam tips.

Apr 5, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #2,490 of 3,931
I was bored with my green UM Mages and today I modified it some. Painted the faceplate black with marker and sticked a figure with double sided tape. It is all reversible.

I really like what I did!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back